“A bit of a shame...” 3 of 5 stars

$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #22 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
“A bit of a shame...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I travel a lot and I recently settled in on Marriott as the brand I prefer to stay at if possible. The reason is primarily for consistency. When I stay I usually know what I will get. That is why I was so surprised when I took my wife on a trip to Miami and stayed at the Marriott Stanton South Beach to find it not be up to the usual standards of cleanliness. The impression from my wife and I was that it was very dirty. Our room had some brownish pink substance on the doors, walls and light switches we had to clean on arrival. The front doors of the elevator had what looked like residue from a spilled drink on day one which remained through day six of our stay. Many of the glass entry doors had noticeable smudges from countless hands that remained throughout the week. Carpets in common areas had spilled food on them. Those are just a few examples, the place just felt very dirty for what we have come to expect from a Marriott and $375+ a night hotel.

On the positive side the staff was very friendly and helpful, the location was good and the balconies facing the ocean were nice.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Erenia M, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Guest:
Thank you for providing such a detailed description of your stay with the Marriott Stanton South Beach. While I am happy to hear that you liked our location, our balconies, and our service, I would like to express my apologies for all the cleanliness issues you encountered in your room. We take your review very seriously and will share your comments with our team in an effort to better our services going forward. In regards to the stains on the elevators, it is important for us to point out, the stains are not removable but we will be upgrading the look of our elevators very soon. In reference to your comment about the smudges on the glass entry doors, please know it's hard to maintain the cleanliness of these doors during this time of the year when we have a large amount of traffic of young adults and kids. I hope that you will consider returning to the Marriott Stanton South Beach to see the improvements we've made and show you a hassle free vacation!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

do you want (1) less crowds (2) right on beach (3) tastefully done (4) convenience to things to do
(5) cool pool with bar service (6) decent happy hour daily (7) professional staff...then this is your selection!

down side: Lots of choices at the $350+ a day rate; and have to be patient when looking (1) yes the elevators are slower than normal however not unbearable (2) if you want large rooms then you will have to search other than a boutique hotel in sobe; yet these are comfortable especially with balcony. (3) largest complaint is the charge for beach chairs and umbrella. At the rates you pay the charge could be a lot lower or free $37 without tip for two chairs and brella. Obviously there are work around. Helps to be gold status for free wi-fi and concierge floor access otherwise extra charge is not a value. At the end of day would recommend and stay again however not for (5) days. Props to bartender Juan on friendly fast service in spite of crowds

Room Tip: north side ocean view...with balcony....can also see city from this view
Dear:
I’d like to thank you for sharing your experience at the Marriott Stanton South Beach. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location, our style, and our service though we apologize you were disappointed with the size of our rooms, however, it is important for us to point out; we are a boutique style hotel, just like the rest of the hotels on Ocean Drive. What our rooms lack in space they more than make up for in style and modernism. In regards to the beach, it is important for us to point out that it is a public beach and local vendors get special permits from the city to rent chairs and umbrellas. All hotels in the area are subject to the same situation; however, all chairs and umbrellas are free of charge throughout the Hotel's wonderful pools. Thank you also for your positive comments on Juan's level of service, we take great pride in his accomplishments. We value your business and your input, and I hope that you will consider letting us host you again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed here for 8 days with my wife to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The hotel concierge, Seth, went above and beyond to make our trip the very best. From the recently renovated rooms, views of South Beach, Oceanside pool area, beach front access and the food/beverage service this hotel is a home run. Their location is prime, close enough to walk to the action Lummas park yet a few blocks down Ocean Drive to allow for quiet and restful sleeping. We are coming back soon!

Room Tip: Any room on the sides or ocean front are super. Street rooms are nice as well
Dear Guest:
Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at the Marriott Stanton South Beach ! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that you found our hotel to be such an ideal vacation spot. Thank you also for your positive comments on Seth's level of service, we take great pride in his accomplishments. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we'd love to have you back!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I don't consider myself "high maintenance" but I can usually find something to whine about - but not this time as this place is exceptional - from the location to the people- a terrific time was had by myself and the two friends I was withs - I strongly recommend the Marriott Stanton South Beach- I will return!

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at the Marriott Stanton South Beach ! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that you found our hotel to be such an ideal vacation spot. Thank you also for your positive comments on our staff's level of service, we take great pride in their accomplishments. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we'd love to have you back!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Recently, I spent a few nights here with friends. The location is great!!! I can't say enough about this place. The customer service goes above and beyond!! The pool attendant Katherine was so warm and friendly. She was persistent at trying to accommodate myself and everyone else at the pool. I had dinner at the Decoblue. The food was delicious! Gil was our waiter, he was very pleasant and helpful. I stay on the 8th floor with partial ocean view. The room was very nice the beds were comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel. I will definitely be making this an annual spot. I just love waking up to the oceanfront location!!!

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at the Marriott Stanton South Beach ! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that you found our hotel to be such an ideal vacation spot. Thank you also for your positive comments on Catherine's level of service, we take great pride in her accomplishments. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we'd love to have you back!
Greensburg, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Our stay with the Marriott Stanton South Beach was probably the best experience I (we) have ever had at any hotel. First off, the staff was EXTREMELY helpful. Before making this trip, I contacted Elizabeth who works for the hotel in helping set up weddings. She helped me plan this wonderful weekend. Her assistance was wonderful and MUCH appreciated. She also helped hook me up with a local photographer (Alisa), who has her own photography business and does a lot for the hotel called Blackbird Foto. Elizabeth also had the concierge, Seth, help out, as well. Seth was very helpful in arranging rose pedals throughout our room and having a heart shape made out of the rose pedals on the bed. Upon our arrival to our room after a great dinner at the Prime Fish, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries were delivered to our room. Again, all done with Seth's help. Our dinner reservations were made by Elizabeth...I just can't say enough about how willing these two were in helping make this weekend even more special. Everything went absolutely perfect! The hotel itself was VERY nice. Room service was excellent. Our breakfast buffet was tremendous, too. The atmosphere was great. The beach was also very beautiful. I want to thank all who were involved in making this a great weekend and the beginning of a great life together.

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at the Marriott Stanton South Beach! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. I am so pleased that we were able to surpass your expectations and help make your engagement a success! Thank you also for your positive comments on Elizabeth's and Seth's level of service, we take great pride in their accomplishments. We look forward to having you back to stay with us soon!
North Scituate, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Recently stayed here and was very please with the hotel. The location is pretty good down between 1st and 2nd Street on Ocean drive. Some very nice restaurants right around the hotel and Nikki's Beach Club is a block away (which we had a great time at on Sunday night). The main strips of restaurants and stores are very close starting at 5th Street. The hotel has a very nice but small pool area. But we spent our time at the beach. The beach is right there, has nice sand, chair and towel service as well as drinks and food service. It was very nice. The rooms are also nice. Not huge but I had a nice room with a balcony from which I had a nice view of the ocean and the port where all the cruise ships leave from. Everything was pretty clean. Restaurant has a good breakfast but a little pricey.
All in all it was very nice and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Get something a little higher with a view of the ocean and the port.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Erenia M, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Guest:
Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at the Marriott Stanton South Beach! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that you found our hotel to be such an ideal vacation spot. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we'd love to have you back!

Been to Marriott Stanton South Beach? Share your experiences!