“Oversea visitor” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Dublin, Ireland
“Oversea visitor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here mid -September. We were disappointed with our oceanview room as we had a restricted view of the ocean. However when we complained the front desk staff Javier sorted us out and moved us to a better oceanview room. We rented a car to drive down to Key West and Brandon was excellent in giving us directions. We enjoyed our stay in South Beach though found it very expensive. Good hotel and good location.

Room Tip: oceanview on left hand side
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Erenia M, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Guest:
I’d like to thank you for sharing your experience at South Beach Marriott. I apologize you were disappointed with the first room you were given, however, I am glad Javier was able to turn it around for you, I am also very happy to learn Brandon gave you excellent directions, I will share your very nice comments with both of them. In regards to your comment about hotel being expensive, I can assure you, our rates are very competitive with hotels in the area, but what set us apart from other hotels is our caring staff . I hope that you will consider returning to South Beach Marriott to stay in one of our reinvented rooms upon completion of our $9 million redesign; we would love your experienced opinion on the changes we make!

1,158 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
Sewell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

After experiencing this great staff during a June vacation, I decided to make this my business trip hotel when I'm in Miami. As expected the experience was fantastic!! Erenia Moya and Seth Frank are truly the best in the business!! Their friendliness, competence and expertise are off the charts! Marriott should bottle and/or absorb this staff and figure out how to roll this across their other hotels nationwide. Jennifer Cook and Brandon are also outstanding examples of this incredible staff. The restaurant (Deco Blue) is great, the outside bar has a great staff with a fantastic view of the beach with a good breeze coming off the ocean. You just can't ask for anything more in a hotel.

Room Tip: Oceanview are just as good as Oceanfront.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Erenia M, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at South Beach Marriott! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that our staff exceeded your expectations. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we'd love to have you back to experience our newly re-designed rooms in 2014 to get your "before" and "after" opinion!
Vienna, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I made my reservation several months in advance of my stay. My wife and I were spending one night in South Beach before hopping on a cruise the next day. I called about a week prior to check on upgrade availability and was assured that it mat be likely but not guaranteed. The other reason I called was to request a newly renovated room. I received a letter prior to my arrival stating that the hotel was going through a significant reservation and not all of the rooms were done. When I checked in, Seth, one of the hotel's concierge's was at the desk. He also happened to be the person I spoke with a week prior. Well, let me tell you, Seth took care of the upgrade and assigning a renovated rooms and we had possibly one of the best rooms on the property. We were on the 11th floor ocean front and also a great city view.
I travel very frequently with Marriott being my top hotel choice and this property overall is fantastic and possibly one of Marriott's premier properties. You have a private beach, two oceanfront pools, oceanfront poolside bar and dining and every other amenity imaginable. The new rooms are modern, fresh, and no detail has been left out. The bathrooms are superb with a waterfall overhead shower head and also a hand held shower head. I will not stay anywhere else on future trips to Miami Beach.

Room Tip: The oceanfront rooms on the north side offer an unrestricted view of the beach and the city. The hi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:
Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at South Beach Marriott! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that you liked our new re-designed rooms and that you found our hotel to be such an ideal vacation spot. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; should you plan to visit our area again, I hope The South beach Marriott will be your preferred choice for your home away from home.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Even though the hotel was undergoing renovation, the service at this hotel was superior to any received in years. We were greeted at check in with a ice cold mojito to the wonderful front desk service. Arriving at the pool, friendliest pool attendant ever. Richard took such good care of us from towels laid out on our lounges to wonderful recommendations for dinner. The bar staff was equally as friendly and attentive- thank you Edwardo and Marden. I can't wait to go back. Our stay was on September 1,2013.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Erenia M, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at South Beach Marriott! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that our staff exceeded your expectations, I will share your very nice comments with our team. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we'd love to have you back to experience our newly re-designed rooms in 2014 to get your "before" and "after" opinion!
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We read the reviews, day by day, prior to our holiday and felt certain we had made the right choice. The hotel was good but not the paragon of excellence some had written about. We found that the staff 'fawned' on you but if you had any real problem they simply smiled whilst you told them about it then didn't seem to have the ability or wherewithal to solve the issue! We saw the great 'Seth' whilst there. He was most offhand and we got the impression that, unless you were an Elite member, he wasn't really interested. The staff we did find to be excellent were the guys who organised your luggage and the kitchen/restaurant staff - with the exception of the male who greeted you when you arrive for breakfast. He treated Restaurant staff with disdain and reverted to the 'fawning without substance' which is the way of most of the staff on Reception. The housekeeping staff were very average. One day they simply did not visit our room although we were out and then had the cheek to telephone us and ask if they could clean the room early evening!! We were picked up for transfer to the airport about 2pm and asked beforehand if we could retain our room for a couple of hours after the 11am checkout deadline. The answer was a blunt "No!" despite the fact that some on Tripadvisor have said they did this. Perhaps they too were Elite Members?

Now for the good points. The breakfasts and the occasional evening meals we had were nothing short of excellent. ALL the kitchen/restaurant staff were marvellous ambassadors for the hotel (with the exception of the male 'host' at breakfastime). The room we were in was pre-renovation. It was very good even though it was showing signs of 'wear'. We had absolutely no complaints about the room or its facilities. The view from the room and the proximity to the beach was first class as was the hotel's position in relation to the 'buzz' of Ocean Drive. Close enough to be there in minutes. Far enough to not be affected by any 'noise'.

We were shown one of the renovated rooms during our stay and they will ensure the hotel is in the 5/6 star range. They were fantastic. We heard the daytime renovations being carried out but, unless you stayed in the hotel all day, the 'noise' should not be a problem. It certainly wasn't to us.

Would we return? Yes we would. The hotel is not perfect and Reception staff attitudes and ability to solve problems requires refreshing (that is why the Review gets a 'Very Good' rather than 'Excellent') but, all-in-all, we would recommend it.

Room Tip: Try to get at least 'Ocean View' or, better still, 'Ocean Front'. Well worth it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest:
South Beach Marriott aims to exceed your expectations, which is why I am disappointed to hear about the service failures you experienced while staying at our hotel. While I am regretful of your troubles, I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the readers on TripAdvisor. We take your review very seriously and will share your comments with our team in an effort to better our services going forward. My sincerest apologies that your time spent at South Beach Marriott was not ideal.
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The hotel is in the process of rennovations. The room I had was completed. Very nice. Clean. Comfy bed. Nice towels. The noise however of the construction was really terrible. It was impossible to relax during the day. The 1st day we didn't have water for 12 hrs; my room wasn't cleaned every day; the service team wasn't great. A few were good, but not all. We stayed 5 days. Views from the room are ok. Location is gret, right on the beach. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest:
I’d like to thank for sharing your experience at South Beach Marriott. While I am happy to hear that you liked our new rooms, I would like to express my apologies for the interruption you experienced due to the re-design while staying at our hotel. I can assure you that we will share your feedback with our team to correct the noise level and we will move forward with your review in mind. Above all, we wish for our guests to have the most attentive and superior service possible, and we make it our priority to provide that. Let us know when you head back to South Beach; we'd love to have you experience our completed re-design to see the improvements we've made and show you a hassle free vacation!
Milford, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The building is currently under renovation but I was there for a week and never heard a sound. I'm looking forward to the new look. The front desk, breakfast and bar staff were very friendly and were always there for assistance. The mojitos at the front desk is a nice touch and Seth (concierge) has always been more than helpful. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest:
Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at South Beach Marriott! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that you found our hotel to be such an ideal vacation spot. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we'd love to have you back to experience our newly re-designed rooms in 2014 to get your "before" and "after" opinion!

Been to Marriott Stanton South Beach? Share your experiences!