“Some people say this hotel is good & not great - I beg to differ!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Stanton South Beach

Special Offer
Suntastic Savings!
Ranked #24 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
United States
“Some people say this hotel is good & not great - I beg to differ!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The South Beach Marriott was built in the year 2000. As a platinum elite member I have been staying here for multiple years, and I have to say, that a lot of people stay here all the time. This hotel is always busy. I feel that the management and staff are aware that this hotel is always busy, so that is why they are under renovations. I had the opportunity to see a "new" room, and all I can say is WOW!!!!! I can't wait for the rooms to be completed, so I can stay in one. They are gorgeous!!!

I recently stayed at my home away from home - and I was in a room right below the construction. My husband wasn't feeling well, so he spent most of the day in the room, and when I returned from the beach, he was asleep. When he awoke, I asked him if the construction noise was loud, and he said, he couldn't hear a peep. Throughout our stay, we didn't hear any noise, and we would have never thought the construction was going on.

The staff at this hotel, are Ritz Carlton/Four Seasons friendly, accomodating, and helpful in every way. The valet staff were attentive and always had my car waiting for me. The front desk staff, are amazing: smooth check in, informed me of every outlet in the hotel, and the hours. The Operations Manager (Eyal) even gave me a brochure of the hotel, and that was super-helpful! There is a local map on one side, restaurant reccomendations, and more. The concierge (Seth) was extremely helpful. Seth, helped me book all my transportation needs, tours of Miami (we recommend Admiral Tours), and offered some great restaurants. The restuarant Deco Blue, offered great views of the beach, with a wide variety of food. The breakfast was to die for!
The concierge lounge has been relocated to the Deco Blue restaurant during their renovations, and it is superb. At 4pm, everyday, the front desk staff provides complimentary mojitos! What a great way to start your check in!

The beach: The staff are very attentive to your food and beverage needs. We waiting about 15 minutes from the time we ordered our food, before our drinks came out. 15 minutes isn't bad, since the servers have to walk all the way back to the hotel from the beach.

The hotel offers two wonderful infinity pools with a jacuzzi in the middle. The pool staff (Sophia) is awesome, and always had the pool area under control.

The spa: is great. I had a soothing massage right outside on the hotel terrace. The smell of fresh air, and the heat felt amazing. They offered me a massage inside their spa room, but I decided to have it outside, especially since it is Miami and it is such a beautiful area!

The location: The hotel is located south of fifth street - which offers a quiter location, than most of the hustle and bustle of South Beach. South of fifth - is the ritzier, more upscale area of South Beach. We love staying south of fifth because we go out all night, and it is just a short 6 block walk (10-15 mins) from the hotel. I have had friends stay on the strip, and they always say, they cannot sleep.

Try and find a swoop shuttle, as they are free, and work on tips only (looks like a golf cart, with great music). The .25 cents local Miami shuttle bus is a great way to see the area, and a great means of transportation. You can take it 2 blocks away from the hotel, right to Lincoln Road.

As a Platinum elite member, I travel and stay at Marriott Hotel's all the time. This is my preferred Marriott Hotel in South Florida! I cannot wait to come back, and stay in the NEW RENOVATED rooms!!!

Thank you Marriott South Beach staff for yet another wonderful stay!!!

Room Tip: Go see the concierge, to have them take care of all your needs! Ocean front & Ocean view rooms h...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Erenia M, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you for providing such a detailed description of your stay with South Beach Marriott. It is always a pleasure to welcome our previous guests back. We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that you had the opportunity to look at our show room. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we'd love to have you back to experience our newly re-designed rooms in 2014!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

During a recent stay in Miami, I had booked a different hotel that turned out to not be as described so immediately left in search of a new hotel. It was very late, around mid-night and the Marriott South beach luckily had a room available. Upon check in the guest service representative was very kind and a breath of fresh air, especially after my previous disaster at a hotel. Although under construction, this is a beautiful hotel right on Miami beach! The staff was excellent and the food in the out door dining area was great! I had a late flight home the following day and considering my late check in I approached the front desk to see about getting a late check out... It had been a rough couple of days and instead of live out of a suitcase for a few hours it was worth asking. The guest service representatives Michael and Brandon were very friendly, pleasant and were able to accommodate. So, I got to spend a full day in Miami on the beach and end my vacation on good note! The best customer services and most friendly staff. Thanks Marriott!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:
Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at South Beach Marriott! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that you liked our hotel and that michael and Brandon exceeded your service expectations.Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we'd love to have you back to experience our newly re-designed rooms in 2014 to get your "before" and "after" opinion!
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My wife and I traveled to South Beach in May for a few days of fun and relaxation. Our first stop was two nights at the Marriott South Beach.

CHECK IN - was smooth and orderly. We arrived about 4 pm and we were greated with complimentary mojitos.

ROOM - we had an ocean front king on the 8th floor. We were told that these were better than the suites because they were ocean front. The view was nice, but the room was a little tired. They are currently renovating the property to upgrade the rooms and address this problem. The bathroom felt a little cramped and worn.

BEACH - we spent one day at the beach. The staff was very helpful in getting our loungers, towels and umbrella set up. The food staff was hard to find, and we ended up going to the restaurant. Beautiful beach.

POOL - the pools and hot tube are very nice.

CONCIERGE - the concierge and the hotel staff were great in assisting us with reservations, food, drinks, etc. They seemed to be in charge of the happy hour food spread, which was a nice touch.

DECOBLUE - we visited this restaurant for breakfast, lunch and drinks. We included breakfast in the price of our room, and the breakfast buffet was great. While the servers are very friendly, they were mostly very slow. Every one of our drink orders and our lunch order took a looooong time. Also, everything is expensive. Expect New York City prices.

SPA - hard to really call this a spa. This was more like a closet with a massage table. The smell was bad, there was no music and the massage was not good. While I didn't ask for it, I wanted my money back. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE.

LOCATION - one of the great things about this hotel is the location. There are a lot of great restaurants within a short walking distance, and the art/deco district and party scene is about a 10 minute walk away.

FINAL THOUGHTS - this is a good hotel, but not a great hotel. I think it would be great if I were in town for business with some significant down time. Not ideal for a vacation getaway.

Room Tip: Ocean front, high floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:
I’d like to thank for sharing your experience at South Beach Marriott. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel amenities though we apologize for the inconveniences you encountered. You can be rest assured that we take all feedback we receive under serious consideration and use it to improve our guests' experiences every day. . I hope that you will consider returning to South Beach Marriott to stay in one of our reinvented rooms upon completion of our $9 million redesign; we would love your experienced opinion on the changes we make!
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I travel to Miami for work every few months and the Marriott on South Beach is by far my favorite place to stay. I've occasionally tried other hotels in other parts of town, but keep coming back to this one. The entier staff is friendly and helpful without being intrusive. For example, they always offer to help with your bags, but respect your wishes if you say "I've got it, thanks." Everything is always clean and well-maintained, from the rooms to the bar/restaurant to the pool. I was also there during the city-induced water outage mentioned by Peter B below, and thought the hotel management handeld it all very well...especially the free happy hour drinks/hors d'ouevres for the guests. The location is wonderful, close to many bars, restaurants, shops, and it's right on the beach...you literally see the beach/ocean from the pool and restaurant. I had my kids with me this time and they loved the fact that there is a nice park/playground right next door in addition to the beach & pool. Finally, if you have concierge access, the conceirge lounge has great food for breakfast with loads of fresh fruit, eggs, toast, pastries, cold cuts & cheese, etc. Plenty to fill up on.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side have an angled partial ocean view. Street side room was surprisingly quiet.
Dear Guest:
It is always a pleasure to welcome our previous guests back. Thank you for selecting The South Beach Marriott for your home. Thank you also for your positive comments on our staff's level of service, we take great pride in their accomplishments. Thank you for your feedback. I hope you will consider The South beach Marriott as your host hotel when traveling back to area.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed here on business for a week in May 2013. I come out here several times a year from St Louis. Location is very good right on South Beach about 10 min walk from the famous art decco looking South Beach boutique hotels. The staff was fantastic. Seth was offering anything you could think of to make the stay more enjoyable. Everyone was eager to assist and offer any help, but not too pushy. Great pool/hot tub/outdoor patio setup. Right next to the beach. On the beach they extend their services including beverages. There is a corner liquor store just down the street and Big Pink's diner which has great prices and tons of food selections near by too. I normally stay in Coconut Grove, but I am now sold on South Beach solely beacuse of this Marriott hotel. Going to be staying at this hotel again two more times this year because of the staff, location, accomodations, and price. I give this place my highest recommendation.

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am delighted you had time away from your meetings to relax and enjoy our amenities. For business or pleasure, should you plan to visit our area again, I hope The South beach Marriott will be your preferred choice for your home away from home.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Thanks to Mr. Jay with Adventurous Travel &Cruises. He hooked us up.Everything I wanted.The hotel and staff is outstanding!! No other word I can say or use to describe. We had the pleasure to stay at this hotel before going on a cruise out of Miami. Wanted to let our hair down and then relax before cruise. A change of pace was want we wanted and that is what we got. Excellent !!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:
Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at South Beach Marriott! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that you enjoyed our relaxing environment and found our hotel to be such an ideal vacation spot. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we'd love to have you back to experience our newly re-designed rooms in 2014 to get your "before" and "after" opinion!
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Comfortable, modern hotel in a truly incredible location! Friendly, prompt and attentive service by everyone from the front desk to the valets to the restaurant hostess. I travel to Miami for work regularly and this hotel is my new go-to spot. It has all the amenities (including peace and quiet) for work, plus immediate access to all the excitement of South Beach. Everything you could want is within walking distance: Starbucks, pubs, night clubs, restaurants, convenience store, etc, etc, etc. Simply an overall exceptional experience!

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at South Beach Marriott! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that you liked our location and found our hotel to be such an ideal vacation spot. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we'd love to have you back to experience our newly re-designed rooms in 2014 to get your "before" and "after" opinion!

Been to Marriott Stanton South Beach? Share your experiences!