“Perfect spot for work and play” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #27 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Perfect spot for work and play”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed at the Marriott South Beach while setting up for a live music concert that was to be held in a near-by club. I found that the accommodates were spacious and really inviting. Even though I shared the room with a friend, I never felt that I was in her way or vice versa. The bathroom was very large and perfect for two girls getting ready for a concert with clients.

Staff members were always attentive and helpful, valet guys quickly became our friends despite the fact that we dropped off the car and picked it up three days later.

The location is perfect for walking up and down Ocean Drive and has a quieter beach section. We found ourselves in the Starbucks downstairs many-a-morning, which had a very convenient back entrance for hotel guests.

Overall: It's not super touristy, but it's my pick for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
Ho Ho Kus, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I am a loyal Marriott member and this is by far my favorite Marriott. The location is great. The hotel is not cookie-cutter Marriott. Great beach vibe. The hotel is clean. And the staff is helpful and curtious. However, the best part of the hotel is the Concierge, Mr Seth Frank. Any information, help or reservations were taken care of promptly and with a smile. Also, all of his recommendations were spot on. As a frequent traveler, advice or recommendations are not always in sync with my expectations. The Marriott South Beach should make sure they take care of Seth. I will continue to stay at this property and recommend it as long as he is here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Piran, Slovenia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Great location if you want to be on Ocean Drive. We were there last year during spring break and I was a bit annoyed as the hotel was full of toooo young drunk guests with no manners at all. Nice classic Marriott rooms but not worth the money they are asking for..... The bar had a great staff and a nice view on the beach and pool. The pool is quite small but what do you need it for on the beach...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I love this hotel.... it isn't the typical marriott large hotel and that probably makes particularly nice and special!!! It's super well located near the well known ocean drive and at a walkable distance to the famous lincoln road. The staff is quite nice and friendly, plus the rooms are great. I strongly recommend you to get an ocean view room because it's just amazing to wake up with such a beautiful view!!! Whenever I return to mia, I'll definitively stay again in this hotel :) :)

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Continue to stay there every year because of their superb service, utmost cleanliness, gracious and helpful staff, location right on beach, and quality customers. The staff is the best, maybe because of the manager Eyal Goldberger who ensures that everyone gets the most out of their stay. Recommend to stay there, you won't regret it!

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I am writing in regards to our stay and assistance during our stay our in the Marriott. Eyal who was at the front desk was EXCELLENT, more than accommodating in every way. He made our stay completely relaxing, and worry free. The whole staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is super clean and the rooms are wesome. I cant wait to go back!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Erenia M, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us and our TripAdvisor readers. We would like to thank you for the great positive comments you provided regarding your recent stay at South Beach Marriott, Eyal is a great Marriott ambassador and we are glad he was able to exceed your service expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

For the past 5 years my girlfriends and I have been coming to miami for the Ultra music festival , but never stayed at your hotel until recently. What an amazing experience it was to stay at the Marriott on south beach! We've already decided that from now on this is where we'll book every time we're in Miami . I don't normally do reviews , but thought it was worth doing this one. First of all , the location is perfect... Right on the iconic ocean drive, walking distance to everything. The staff was very courteous ,friendly, and very engaging. Loved the Starbucks on the ground floor. This hotel sits right on the beach -the setting, the food, the vibe, the view -AMAZING! Not sure why some people are complaining about paying for the lounge chair /umbrella as it is customary on the beach for Miami, trust me , I know since I'm quite familiar with the area. I must admit although the rooms are nice, but could be nicer . I was told that renovation is in progress and We a chance to see the new showroom and can't wait to return. I've seen a few reviews complaining about rates ... This is ocean drive in south beach for goodness sake . Let's be rational. Lastly, We really enjoyed the beautiful terrace with firepits overlooking the ocean... Loved it! So if you're planning a trip to Miami , the Marriott on south beach ( ocean drive) is highly recommended, you won't regret it. Have fun.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us and our TripAdvisor readers. We are very pleased to learn about your vacation experience with us. The staff at the South Beach Marriott works really hard to create wonderful memories for our guests. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back on next vacation to South Beach!