“A Nice Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 204 Hotels in Miami Beach
New Haven, Connecticut
“A Nice Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I was not sure what to expect from this hotel as it was my first time in Miami Beach. I had booked a city view room online at Marriott.com. When I checked in I was asked if I would like an ocean front room. I asked what the difference in price was and the front desk clerk said "No difference, complimentary upgrade" That started our stay off on a nice note. They also were passing out cocktail samples in the lobby. Bonus #2! Our room was very nice. Not especially large but big enough. The best part was the direct ocean view. Beautiful. Every staff member we encountered, save for one grumpy housekeeper, was very pleasant and helpful. Two mirror image outdoor pools with steps down to the beach. Nice patio for relaxing. Starbucks on property for morning coffee. Had poolside lunch that was good. All in all a very nice stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
Calgary, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I am a seasoned traveller and usually travel for pleasure 3 times a year with my family group (5 of us)...We were staying at the Marriott South Beach Post-Cruise for one night and did not realize that a triathalon was being held the next morning. I had a large car hired from a limo company (Transmiami Limos) and pick up was scehduled for 8 a.m. at the hotel. At 7:45 a.m. my driver called to say he had been stopped at Collins Ave. and 5th St. (The Marriott South Beach was about 5-6 blocks away). The driver could not get to us due to the street closure for the triathalon and we had too much luggage to walk the 5-6 blocks with. Al, The manager of the Marriott South Beach got his PERSONAL car and one of the Bellman volunteered his services, and they loaded our luggage in one car and my family in the other and then drove us the 5 1/2 blocks to the closed street and explained to the police our plight and the police understood and helped us get across the street to the waiting limo. The limo backed up and turned around (no small feat) and we made it to a 10:45 a.m. departure. I can't express my gratitude enough to all those mentioned here, but to The Marriott South Beach...You are AMAZING! Thank You. You have done the Marriott chain proud and I will stay with you and other Marriott hotels again because of your Unequalled service to my family! Incidentally all staff were friendly and very helpful, the restaurant food was very good, the location on the beach and proximty to South Beach and Linclon Rd shopping was super convenient, the pools were clean and well maintained and the rooms were clean and comfortable...Thanks again! You have given me a vacation story that I will enjoy sharing for a long time!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

stayed at this hotel just last week and found it to be very good, albeit expensive its cheaper than most sea view south beach resorts, the pool area is fantastic along with the fitness centre and buisness area.

Room Tip: request a spacious balcony not a smaller one.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Regina, Saskatchewan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I had my Bose headphones (valued over $300) stolen right out of my locked room. Obviously stolen from hotel cleaning staff. Marriott management and Claims Center denied any liability because an in-room safe is offered. It was extremely difficult dealing with them. An after-the-fact research on internet shows this is common at Marriott hotels. I will NEVER stay at another Marriott again.

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Very nice hotel. Most if not all rooms have balconies. Short walk to busy areas like 7th St or short cab to areas higher up on the beach. As long as you're okay with not being in the heart of the action its a great hotel with great service. Very well run.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I've stayed at this location numerous times for long weekends. Location is great, a walk away from all the nite life one would want in South Beach. Easy access to main highway if you want to drive over into Miami. I can not say enough about the exceptional staff they have. Very polite,cheerful, helpful and always accomadating. Hotel is very clean and i love the boutique ambiance that it has. Pool area is nice and relaxing. I like that is has two pools for people that just want to sit and no splashing. Bar attendents are good by pool and on beach. Beach accomadation are nice, yes if you want to use you need to pay. However, I enjoy the tranquility by the beach. Rooms are nice and clean, we usually have a balcony view to the beach and just breathtaking. Being a Marriott rewards client I usually stay on the Consigner level. The Consigner level has a great breakfast and snacks. The staff there is very nice and always smiling. Love and enjoy the professionalism they have. The Views from the room are outstanding you can sit outside to enjoy breakfast or whatever you may be enjoying throughout the day. Well equip and food and drinks are plentiful. I've stayed at other Marriott's in South Beach (particularly the Eden Roc) and perfer this location over all. Would not think of staying anywhere else if not here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012 via mobile

The service was the best I've ever experienced at a Marriott. Felt like I was at The Four Seasons or Ritz. Spring for an oceanfront room. Great views of South Beach! Rooms are small, but adequate. Nice pool and relaxation areas. Beach service is available (chairs & food/drinks) for a charge. Great sleep, due to the fact that this hotel is located on a quiet end of South Beach, just a 5 to 10 min walk to restaurants, shopping and clubs.

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Marriott Stanton South Beach? Share your experiences!