“Fashionable Hotel, good Service, Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Fly South This Winter
Ranked #13 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
New City, New York
“Fashionable Hotel, good Service, Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Nicely Renovated Hotel on the Beach in the Center of South Beach
Reasonably Priced and excellent Services , great Value.
It has come a long way since my first Stay at this Hotel Since 1969
The Location is just off Lincoln Road, an area of Great Restaurants, Art Galleries, and Shopping

• Stayed April 2014
Surfcomber_Nick, Director of Operations at Surfcomber Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Shrothman,

Thank you for the return visit! One of the things I love most about South Beach is the history We would love to see some before and after pics of your visit from 1969 compared to today! We really appreciate your business and hope we see you soon!

-Nick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
Indian Head, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Surfcomber in mid July 2014 on my way to Curacao. The hotel is in a great location within walking distance to nightlife, food & the beach. South Beach is known as a party town so I was worried about whether it would be appropriate for for my 9 year old daughter but the Surfcomber staff made her feel right at home. The Surfcomber is very trendy, impeccably clean & the staff is friendly, professional & knowledgeable. Beginning with arrival the Bell staff greeted my family with umbrellas in the pouring rain & assured us that the rain would stop shortly. Jorges hipped us to all the great local spots. The Front Desk staff was very accommodating & the food at the Social Club was amazing. The hotel has a path directly to the beach, however it rained the entire day. BUT to my surprise our poolside cocktail waitress offered my family a complimentary poolside cabana to enjoy the WorldCup because management felt bad that it had been raining all day. Talk about customer service! The fun began with Wine hour & lunch @ the Social Club. The General Manager was very engaging during wine hour & even poured a few glasses. We also decided to visit a recommended spot for pizza & brought it back to the hotel. To my surprise again, Foxie offered my family plates, linen napkins & told us to sit & enjoy our pizza together while it was still hot. When we finally returned to our room that evening, to my 9 year old daughters surprise in our room was the best red velvet cupcakes that I've had & a chilled bottle of champagne. I've been a Kimpton InTouch member for years & I hold Kimpton in high regard. Although my stay was short, the Surfcomber exceeded my expectations. Upon departure the GM was in the lobby greeting and wishing guests farewell. What a nice touch! Needless to say... I'm getting back to the Surfcomber ASAP. Kimpton 4 LIFE!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Danielle M-

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We are so happy to hear that you had such a great time with us. We do our best to keep the fun going even when it rains! We appreciate you taking the time to call out the hard working team that helped make your stay memorable. For our GM, there is nothing more important but to make sure every single guest leaves happy! We cannot wait to welcome you back!

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I stayed at the Surfcomber from July 18-23 with three of my friends for a bachelorette. We absolutely loved the hotel, it's location, and the customer service received. We are not from Miami, which is why we wanted to get to do as much as possible. Brad Low in concierge was extremely helpful and patient. He helped us plan all of our activities and gave us a lot of really good recommendations. He works hard and tries to ensure that you are having the best experience possible.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
valerie P-

We couldn't agree with you more; Brad is incredible! He enjoys making sure our guests have the best possible experience while visiting Miami Beach. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look foward to seeing you again.

DENVER COLORADO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This was our second time visiting the hotel. We love the location, pool, beach and their staff is amazing. Kenneth at the front desk is wonderful, always a smile and a "can do" attitude. Enjoyed their new restaurant, and the cabanas by the pool are comfortable and beautiful. Highly recommend, and make sure you are a Kimpton Karma member, their properties are awesome.

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms are great
Green Features: Their properties are certified by the Green Key Eco-Rating system.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ELICASTLE09-

Thank you for your return visit to Surfcomber! We are happy that you took advantage of all of the perks of being a Kimpton Karma Member. Free wifi, room preferences, raid the bar, and free room nights. We can't wait for your third stay; come back soon!

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed at the Surfcomber in May 2013, for our first time in Miami Beach. It was quite difficult to choose a hotel but we relied on the other reviews and our previous Kimpton experiences, which were always a success. And we definitely do not regret our choice! The location is great, the staff is, as always, extremely helpful and friendly, the hotel stylish, the pool area great (we loved Remi the black sheep), and the access to the beach easy. As in all Kimpton hotels, the beds are so comfortable.... and the bigelow bath amenities are always a great plus!
We can't wait to be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Surfcomber_Nick, Director of Operations at Surfcomber Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Alphabrune,

We are glad that you chose to stay with us at Surfcomber! We appreciate your continued loyalty to Kimpton Hotels and look foward to welcoming you back again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

My wife and I just returned from a short week stay at the Surfcomber and it was perfect... We come down very often since we have lots of family in the miami/ ft. lauderdale area..We have stayed at many of the hotels in Miami, hollywood & ft. lauderdale and this one took us by surprise as to how perfect it was.. The pool was beautiful and never overly crowded.. The beach was the same there was always plenty of chairs & umbrella available.. Rooms were very clean.. Hotel smelled amazing the entire place smelled like fresh flowers.. The staff was on a personal first name basis with us after day 1 and provided us with everything we needed.. There was actually an individual at the pool one day who was staying at another hotel next to us who could not believe how friendly the staff at the pool was.. Gia at the pool was the best she gives a good vibe and keeps your drinks full all the time.. Leslie at the inside bar made these amazing drinks that you can actually take to the pool which was great.. I dont remember the mans name that worked the valet but he was a complete gentleman with my wife everytime we went in and out.. I can keep going on forever!!! We booked this hotel last minute because we were going to stay at the Eden Roc where we have stayed before.. We decided to try something new strictly on tripadvisor ratings and it totally paid off... We were within walking distance to everything!!! They had free coffee in the morning for us in the main lobby & a free continental breakfast everyday or complimentary drinks at the pool or bar.. Free wine in the main lobby from 5-6 everyday with 3 different selections and some finger foods.. The only thing i can say is that you would be foolish not to stay at this hotel.. We came down as a couple to get away but next time we will bring the kids it was perfect for both...We always like to try new places but i think for sure the next couple times we come down we will be staples at the surfcomber!!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor with a garden view.. the room was perfect for us but we didnt really sp...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
cmenduina,

We are very happy to hear you had such a great stay! Thank you for sharing the detailed experience with the world. We will be sure to share the incredible comments with the entire team! We look foward to making your next stay amazing!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I must say that I enjoyed my stay and as soon as you arrive you're greeted with smiles and willingness to assist. My experience with Surfcomber was wonderful from the time I drove up to my front desk check in, my towels brought to me for my midnight swim, to my lunch by the pool in a cabana and all the way to checking out . great service and wonderful place to relax and be revived. Beach was excellent too. I loved every moment there..... Thanks Surfcomber's Staff

• Stayed July 2014
Tonya L,

Thank you for sharing the great experience with the TripAdvisor community! We appreciate your business and look foward to seeing you again!

-Nick

Been to Surfcomber Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!