“A Memorable Wedding Week-end” 5 of 5 stars

25% Off + FREE Upgrade
Ranked #13 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
West Orange, New Jersey
“A Memorable Wedding Week-end”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

My family and I spent a week-end at the hotel celebrating a wedding. All of the staff were friendly and professional, and the food was excellent. The party was carried off perfectly, and I would recommend the hotel to anyone planning an important event. I particularly commend a server named Carr, who went out of his way many times to make everyone feel like the most important guest at the hotel. At the pool, we were assisted by Marco, who did his job very professionally. In all, our memories of a special occasion will be all we could have hoped for.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Sean F, General Manager at Surfcomber Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Sandra,

Thank you so much for mentioning Carr and Marco - they definetely make the hotel a better place to visit (and work for that matter!)

Cheers,
Sean Flanigan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

The Surfcomber has lovely rooms, a beautiful courtyard stroll to a fabulous pool/cabana area and beyond to people on the board walk and pristine beach. And the social Club has great food. But the best part of the Surf is the peeps. They make you feel welcome and at home from the front door through the front desk and at every encounter during your stay. You will feel homesick when you walk out the door where you can catch the 150 Metro to the airport every minutes (a pleasant 30-minute ride to the airport). The Surf's UP in my book! Noosh

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Noosh,

You're up in our book too. Thanks for being a loyal Inner Circle and we love having you.

SF
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Location walkable to everything. Nice pool and beach. We chose the Surfcomber because it was reasonably reasonable for a hotel on the beach and were very pleased with everything. Yes, the room was not fancy and the bathroom was pretty small, but who goes to Miami Beach to be in the hotel room?

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
tlevien -

Agreed! When you're in South Beach you should spend as much time as you can outside!
The beach is just spectacular.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I love Kimpton properties and stay at them all over the US, for both business and personal travel, and Surfcomber stands up to the brand's consistent reputation for cleanliness, exceptional service, and modish decor. The location is great given the beach access and handful of great nearby restaurants. The pool is nice but it's certainly more family geared than sceney, compared to say the SLS next door. The only disappoint to my wife & me were the size and quality of the rooms. While ours was clean and tidy it was also small and a bit shabby compared to every other Kimpton property we've visited. My wife likened them to a Floridian cell block. That said, it is my impression that most old South Beach hotels are on the smaller/dated side, and we were quite comfortable - and again, very clean. I will say that the hallway funk mentioned in other reviews is accurate, but it never bothered us. The hallways are also eerily dark. And we could hear carts/luggage on the stones from our window over the courtyard, but it was muted. We had no issues with any other noise/loudness. The lobby bar area is also fantastic, with a great drink menu and a few solid food items. Many thanks to Jenny and Danny at the desk for accommodating our needs throughout the stay, and any visitor will be in good hands with Jessica and Vinnie out on the beach.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Achilleus24,

Thank you so much for your feedback about your experience with us! I will be sure to give the team members you mentioned a double high 5 for taking care of you while in South Beach. Please don't be a stranger and come visit us again soon.

Best,
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is a great place to stay in Miami. The location is perfect; beachfront on Collins. The very professional staff was helpful and always available. The exceptional service from the pool and beach staff made me a regular. Don't waste time or money w/ any other hotel in Miami.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Shadan,

Thank you so much for your review! I love that you won't waste time anywhere but here.
Brings a smile to my face!

Cheers,
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

The Surfcomber is about as good as it gets. EVERYONE in the hotel is welcoming and polite. EVERYONE goes out of their way to be helpful. The room was exceptional as was the service. Dorgeous the Bellman was extremely friendly and went out of his way to accommodate us. Vinny on the beach was also over the top kind and friendly, providing us with everything we needed! Free wine tasting at happy hour. Breakfast was delicious. The hotel is exceptional. I would definitely return and stay at the Beachcomber.
Perfect Location, too.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Sean F, General Manager at Surfcomber Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Kelly,

Thank you so much for your review! Happy to hear you had an excellent stay! Please come back and visit us again soon.

Best,
Huntington, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I stayed here for two nights in February 2014 for business. I booked the property due to its proximity to where I needed to attend a conference.

The location of the hotel is excellent and the staff was friendly. However, there were a few things that left a lot to be desired.
I was able to check in right away which was good. When I entered the room, I found it to be overpoweringly musty smelling. It was not a mild smell and I noted this to the check in person. After letting the AC run for several hours, it improved but the room and hallway maintained this smell throughout the stay. I stay in countless hotels and do not see a reason as to why this would be the case with this property.
After a long day of meetings, I returned exhausted to the hotel and took a quick shower before bed. When I got into the shower I noticed a long hair stuck to the shower wall. Not the end of the world...then I noticed on one of the clean towels hanging in the shower another long hair and a third hair, this one a pubic hair. This I found to be a bit disgusting as there should have been a towel change after the last guest.
Other than those items noted above, the room while tight was ok. The last thing I would warn about is noise, not noise from guests but noise from the hotel playing music right outside the window (2nd floor) until late at night and hotel workers pushing laundry and other carts down the central outside corridor very early in the morning. Both of these were disturbing, the latter waking me up multiple times during my stay.
I notified the check out person that I was not terribly happy but did not get into it at the front desk as I was rushing to the airport. She handed me her card and asked me to email comments. I did so several days ago with no response.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
lyonskj,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry to hear your stay fell below your expectations. If you have any further comments you would like to share with me directly, please reach out to me at sean.flanigan@surfcomber.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Sean Flanigan

Been to Surfcomber Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!