“We have never had a bad stay in Sobe” 5 of 5 stars

Fly South This Winter
Ranked #13 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tampa, Florida, United States
“We have never had a bad stay in Sobe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I wanted to take a moment to let you know what a wonderful stay I had at the Surfcomber Hotel in Miami, Fl.
We arrived for one night only and upon entry, all staff was pleasant. Jackie was the woman who helped us at the front desk. And I have to say, her sense of humor was awesome! She made us laugh probably ten times while helping us and she also suggested that we upgrade our room to an ocean view with a balcony. We took her up on her recommendation and were very comfortable! The bedroom was separate from the living room space. Each area had it's own air conditioner and the balcony provided two loungers for us to hang out on. The bathroom was clean, both in appearance and decor, which is very important to me. Our only regret was that we were unable to stay longer.
It's so nice to meet staff who seem to truly enjoy what they do. After this experience, we will definitely be returning... we live in Florida so we come to Miami often... and recommending stay to friends and family in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SeanFlanigan, General Manager at Surfcomber Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Robin H,

I laughed when I read your review because I know exactly what you mean about Jackie. Her sense of humor is unparalleled and she really does know how to make people feel right at home. I will be sure to share your review with her. Thank you for your posting.

Sean Flanigan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

The noise factor is the only reason I did not give this hotel 5 stars. It's very noisy in the AM. Front desk staff is very helpful and friendly. Great location and easy beach access. Nice perks like flavored water in hotel lobby and coffee in the AM.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you next to housekeeping!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
LizDelSol,

Thank you for mentioning the music volume. I will certainly look into this.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was here for my school reunion as well. This was an ideal location to host this reunion. The weather was excellent. The hotel sits at the beach. The staff was absolutely excellent in all of the assistance they provided to our group. The rooms were gorgeous! The ocean views were incredible. I look forward to a return visit!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Susan F,

So I take it you will be planning next years reunion with us also?
Let me know if you need help with the planning!

NY, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights for my husband's business school 5 year reunion. Very accommodating and friendly staff! It was refreshing to see a hotel staff that seemed to really enjoy their work.

Beautiful beach, beach bar, great pool, nice service. We enjoyed drinks and apps at the Social Club. Rooms were very nice - bathroom is tight, but you're not in Miami for the bathroom.
Loved the design of this property - very Miami, lovely palm trees on the property. Beautiful to sit at the pool at night.

Nice gym for a work out, or you can jog on the beach. We received a really good group rate for the reunion weekend so I felt the value for what we paid was very good.

The only thing is breakfast is a little pricey ($28 per person we paid). Other than that we loved our stay and the service here was excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
trvlbugg11,

Thank you for your review! We hope to have you again soon!

Northeast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Sitting poolside enjoying another lovely day at Kimpton Surfcomber in Miami. Our pool attendant jonathan has made our stay fun and comfortable. Friendly service is a hallmark here. Super location to boot. We will be back next year.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
wilmafred1,

The pool is the best location to hang out at the hotel. I'll be sure to let Jonathan know you're already planning next years visit!

Thanks again!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed here in September of 2012. It was a nice experience, wonderful staff. From the conceirge to the pool staff very accommadating folks. I would definitley return!!
The deal breaker for me was, upon checking out of the hotel and leaving the premises. I realized I had left something behind in the room. I couldn't trun back to retrieve it as we needed to head to the airport to make our flight on time. I immediately called the front desk and told them I had left something behind in the room, mind you it had been about 10 mintues since checking out. The lady I spoke with told me she would notify housekeeping but no one had turned anything in as of yet. I called the hotel once I reached back home.

Spoke to the conceirge a gentleman who remembered who I was. Expalined the situation, he asked me for my mailing address. He assured me if it was found he would mail it to me.

Unfortunately, I called the next day. It was not found. He was very apologetic about it. Told me if I were to stay at there hotel again he would personally replace what I have left behind. which I thought was very kind of him!

On the other hand as far as I'm concerned it was housekeeping who made themselves owner of the property I left behind. Which was disappointing to me, with the incredible staff they have on site.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back of hotel are quieter
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Maria S,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience. I will be sure to share your review with the entire team.

philadelphia, pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

There are so many reasons that I would return to this hotel: the attentive, friendly staff (special shoutout to Jackie at the front desk); the cleanliness and order of all the public spaces from hallways and lobby to pool and eating areas; the great location right on the beach, within walking distance of Ocean Drive and near Lincoln Road mall; the good but expensive breakfasts (still wondering why I had to pay $9 extra for yogurt with my granola and fruit rather than milk). But there is nowhere on the property save the beach and the hotel room to escape the loud, relentless music. Conversations, phone calls, naps -- forget it. I have a high tolerance for background music but after a few days I thought I would lose my mind. As I walked along the beach walkway, I looked into the quiet pool areas of other hotels with longing. Despite completely loving the Surfcomber in all other ways, I may have to stay at one of those next time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
kbomoon,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I will certainly be addressing with the team for future improvement. Hopefully you will give us another shot!

Cheers,
Sean Flanigan

Been to Surfcomber Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!