“Great service” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary, AB Canada
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Small room with no balcony which we knew. Pool and beach awesome. Free wifi and evening complimentary wine and morning coffee. Very good food. Pool staff worked hard and made us feel at home. 2 Chris's, Marco and Jonathon at pool were excellent as was Day Mgr Chris. So helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: No balconies...just be aware.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SeanFlanigan, General Manager at Surfcomber Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
FidelCalgary,

Looks like you were able to enjoy our day life out at the pool, no better way to soak up the sun in South Beach! Thanks for your review!

Sean Flanigan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
Harvey, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Ok where do I begin, From the time I walked in the Hotel I felt like Family. Dorgis was great..He took our bag & held them for us because we was early. Valerie was great when checking us in. The hotel is truly amazing & clean. Everyone post that the rooms are small,we had a courtyard King it was the best no noise spacious & perfect for my husband & I. Ryan helped us book my birthday dinner,as well as Brian very attentive staff. Jackie was overall the best I asked her if we could get a late check out & gave gave us one. Oh I forgot about the Wine hour AWESOME!! The pool was great Chris was very attentive & sweet.. I never had a bad experience,,I def will be back I loved my birthday gettaway,,Awesome Staff & keep up the good work!!! Tina from New Orleans :)))

Room Tip: I recommend courtyard king,very quiet & spacious,,
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SeanFlanigan, General Manager at Surfcomber Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Tina O,

We are excited you feel like part of our big Kimpton family. Family visits a few times a year, right? So when's your next trip? I'll have Dorgis waiting for you at the door with open arms.

See you soon!
Ankeny, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was our second stay at the Surfcomber, and we plan to stay there the next time we travel to South Beach. The location is great - on the beach but only three blocks to Lincoln Road Mall and within walking distance of Ocean Drive activities. The hotel is clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and the InTouch program is a nice feature. The pool is very nice but we spend most our time relaxing at the beach - which is great! The rooms although not large, are just a little bigger than most South Beach hotels. We want to mention several staff that exceeded our expectations for service. Chris B. and Chris S. at the pool were great and remembered us each day and gave us a warm greeting - even if we were just passing thru to the beach. Mitch at the beach stand was always helpful and friendly. Carr at the poolside bar was engaging and made us some great drinks. Suzette kept our room in top condition each day. And Jenny on checkout was very helpful and pleasant to work with. Overall you have a great staff. We were asked numerous times each day if there was anything they could get us or help us with. We have stayed at other South Beach hotels - but glad we found this one.

Beachlady1st,

Thank you so much for your recent trip advisor posting. You got the chance to meet at least one person in almost every department - I'm impressed!!! Thanks for shouting out some of our rock star staff. I will be sharing your review every morning this week, I am thrilled to see how many members of our team were able to create such an impactful experience for you.

Thanks!
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Couple of my girlfriends and I decided to have a girls weekend in South Beach Miami. It was our first time and we stayed at the Surfcomber Hotel. Great location! Walking distance to lincoln road. Steps away from the beach. The staff was amazing. Special shout outs to several bellmen. Tony who gave us great recommendations where to party. Curan who escorted two of my girlfriends back to our room after a creeper followed my other friend and I up the elevator. And finally Keith who always waved a taxi down for us. You guys are great! You made our stay awesome!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Stephanie S,

Thank you so much for posting such an awesome review about your girls weekend with us. Thanks for shouting out 3 of our doorman that make up our DREAM TEAM - Tony, Curan and Keith all had a pleasure taking care of you and your friends!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Our Vacation/celebration of love began Sept.27 and ended Sept.30,2013...The moment that we stepped though the door Brian and Tony were amazingly accommodating. Brian opened the doors wide making me feel super home and anticipating what I would experience next. At check in Sonja offered my Fiance glasses of champagne to began celebrating our anniversary. Brian was the Bell Captain to assist with our luggage man dose he know how to welcome you in!!! He is a Awesome Fellow definitely the type that can keep you entertained.
The room was great you don't need much space for 2 ppl but my king size bed was veryyyy comfortable and had all the space in the world! The set up was very simple glass sinks and showers Oh and I can't forget the desk was glass also. I think our room location was perfect considering my Fiance is a smoker we were really close to the stairs leading to the pool and beach. We left out the room for a while to grab some grub and to our surprised when we returned Sonja and Wendy had a Bottle of Champagne sent up to our room to help celebrate our special occasion with a hand written card.
Visiting the pool and the beach are a must why NOT? they make it sooooo easy! both are amazing places to relax. At the pool someone will come around with a cool towel to help you stay comfy. I believe I was helped by Jenna our pool side Waitress (amazing) and Chris from New Jersey he set up our pool chairs. Also providing outstanding service. They Have Friut infused waters poolside and Sun Block if you forgot yours!. Because I am a Kimpton Intouch member I received free beach chairs MAJOR PLUS MY FRIENDS!!! just a extra 15 for umbrellas!
Location is Great we were maybe a 15 min walk from Ocean drive and a in walking distance to EVERYTHING. We took the Supper shuttle in and didn't take a taxi once!!! Staying here is a must. No Matter where you go the staff is supper nice everyone sparks a convo no matter where you are! Lobby,pool,beach,hallway.... everyone except the juice bar area. it was like pulling teeth to get someone to acknowledge us... We ending up just going out to eat!

BTW housekeeping was amazing who ever cleaned my room during my stay was amazingly attentive and went above and beyond in keeping our beds made and room tidy! Great Job

WOULD I COME BACK??? HELLLLL YES (EXCUSE MY FRENCH) SERVICE WAS AMAZING EVERYONE KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!! know THAT YOU ARE APPRECIATED
~Nichole&Amber~

Room Tip: I didn't really have a view 271 was our room number it was facing another building... if your l...
Green Features: Just how all kimpton are they have recycle bins in your room and a timer can be set room your room lights!
Nichole&Amber,

Thank you for posting such a detailed review of your experience with us at Surfcomber. I can say we are all looking forward to have you grace us with your presence again and again!

Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Wow, such a nice place! If'you're in South Beach you definitely need to go to the Surfcomber. First of all, it was the best staff ever. There was always someone to open the door for us or to call a taxi, and we had a lot of fun with the staff at the reception, especially JACKIE :) It's one of the best spot on the street, the rooms were clean and we like the vibe that was going on there. The only thing I think they can improve is the wine they are serving free from 5 to 6, but hey it's still free wine! I will recommend all my friends to go there and when I'll come back to MIA, i'll be at the surfcomber and nowhere else!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
SeanFlanigan, General Manager at Surfcomber Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
OliTheWhite,

Best hotel service experience ever! Thanks for that award, makes me proud of my team and what we are able to provide for our guests! Jackie is pretty awesome, and she's also from Canada!!

Come visit us again soon.
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This was the best stay I've had in South Beach in twenty plus years of coming here. I've stayed at the Standard, Mondrian, Crest Hotel, Albion and others and at previous iterations of the Surfcomber (as an independent hotel and when owned by Hilton) in the past, but Kimpton's takeover of the Surfcomber makes this property and service the best of all. The renovations of the rooms and décor makes this place much more comfortable and welcoming and all the staff have a great service attitude...something often lacking in Miami. This was a birthday trip for me and the staff did everything possible to make it special...a birthday card, champagne, a follow-up email, etc. Love the clothes that the staff wear and they all seem to work well together and that is reflected in the level of service. Thanks, Surfcomber!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
TuckerWashington_DC,

Thank you for such an awesome review. I'm glad to hear you finally found your home in South Beach. Seems you travel here often, so you will be back right? I look forward to getting the chance to meet you the next time you visit us.

Sean Flanigan

Been to Surfcomber Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!