“Excelent hotel in south beach” 5 of 5 stars

25% Off + FREE Upgrade
Ranked #15 of 204 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Excelent hotel in south beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

1 block to Lincoln Road and close to the beach. Excelent hotel.The rooms are much improved and the service is remarkable.Take a walk on the boardwalk or take part in the many activities the Surfcomber has planned throughout your stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
smckeen, General Manager at Surfcomber Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Chelo22-
Thank you for the excellent contribution.
We hope to see you again soon.
Sean McKeen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
Trenton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I have stayed in South Beach a few times now and this is by far our favorite hotel. The price is one of the most reasonable in South Beach for what you get. Check in was a breeze and the employees at the front desk were so pleasant and accomodating. The rooms are clean and well appointed. The pool is large with plenty of seating. The staff at the pool help you find chairs and bring you towels. They also continually refill the large coolers with lemon and plain water throughout the day and bring frozen grapes as a mid-day snack. The hotel grounds back up to the beach so you can access that as well. We didn't go on the beach but chairs and umbrellas there are for rent, they are not included in the fee for the room. We had lunch as we relaxed by the pool and the food was really good. I recommend getting to the pool as early as possible as it fills up by noon. Perhaps one of the best features at the hotel is the free wine hour from 5-6pm. They served two different varieties of wine and sangria each day and it is complimentary. There are plenty of chairs, couches, and pillows to relax on while you sip your vino. If you are interested in renting bikes there is a rental station in the back of the hotel near the beach access. You can rent a bike for as long as you like but 30 minutes is $4, a great value. If you sign up for the Kimpton rewards program you can get free wi-fi and $10 off your mini bar bill. It is free and a great deal! Valet parking was easy and quick, the fee is $34 a day plus tax, but it is south beach so you'll pay that or more at most hotels. The location of the hotel is great, right next to the SLS and the Delano, within walking distance to Lincoln and Ocean Drive.
If I had to complain about one thing it would just be that so many hotels now a days don't put doors on showers and the water tends to go on the bathroom floor. This was very minor and it certainly wouldn't sway my decision to stay here again.
We can't wait to stay here again, this will definitely be our new go to hotel in Miami!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
smckeen, General Manager at Surfcomber Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Okie21-
We are super happy to be your go to hotel in Miami.
Thank you for staying and for posting your experience with us.
See you again soon.
sm
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I had stayed at this property several times before it became a Kimpton Hotel. I always thought it was a grand place and loved the location. The improvements that came with the Kimpton affiliation are great. The rooms are much improved and the service is remarkable. I have now joined the Kimpton frequent stay program and hope to enjoy their properties in other cities. I'll retuirn to the Surfcomber with a smile on my face. Can't wait.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
fsrtah-
Thank you for mentioning the remarkable service.
We can't wait for your return.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

I cant say enough about how accommodating the staff was on our trip. Some of the cleanest rooms I've seen while on my travels. Weekend getaway with friends or family fun the Surfcomber is a must. Take a walk on the boardwalk or take part in the many activities the Surfcomber has planned throughout your stay.

• Stayed November 2012
mbizz-
Thank you for mentioning all the fun activities we have created for our guests.
We hope to see you again soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Loved this hotel. I've been to South Beach a few times now and this will be my new place to stay from now on. I travel for both leisure and business but this particular trip was to celebrate a friend's birthday.

This hotel was recently renovated and it shows! The rooms and lobby are all tastefully decorated, very hip and cool. The art throughout the hotel is interesting and suits South Beach very well. The rooms are spacious and inviting however my friends and I spent most of our time around the pool or on the beach, both of which were fantastic places to take in the scenery and have an ice cold cocktail. The dinner menu at Lantao is very unique and the chef came out to our table at one point and gave us some suggestions. The dining up there with some of the area's top restaurants.

The hotel is located right in the heart of it all but the staff almost makes it so you don't need/want to leave. The service at check-in, the pool, and the restaurants/bars were exceptional. Managers and the staff throughout the hotel went out of their way to ask how my friends and I were doing.

A reasonably priced hotel for an amazing experience in the middle of South Beach. If you want to be on the beach, have great service, in a fun hotel.... this is it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
smckeen, General Manager at Surfcomber Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
SandyPalmTree-
Thank you for posting your perfect experience with us.
We look forward to your return.
Sean Mckeen
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My cousins and I stayed at Surfcomber, Kimpton Hotel for 3 nights from Nov 8-Nov 11 for my sister's bachelorette party. As soon as we walked in, we were greeted by many smile and complimentary champagne. Customer service at Surfcomber was consistent and very fast for all 3 night. Andrew and Chris at the front desk were amazing and really showcase great customer service skills. Hotel itself is very neat and clean. Rooms were very nice with comfortable beds and clean washrooms. I would definitely suggest this hotel to everyone. We booked this hotel through Hotelmode.com and they got us a very decent rate compared to online rates. Hotel location is perfect if you would like be walking distance from Lincoln Road, Oceans Drive and Washington Avenue. Close to all the hot spots! Excellent place to stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
smckeen, General Manager at Surfcomber Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dee S-
Thank you for the awesome contribution, we love bachelorette parties.
Congrats and come back and see us again soon.
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

First visit to Miami for a conference in October so I brought my wife and 7 year old daughter with me. I had originally booked a less expensive hotel several blocks away with bigger rooms but changed to the Surfcomber because of the reviews and proximity to everything so my family could entertain themselves while I was at the conference. I definitely made the right choice! Like everybody says, employees there are great and make you feel welcome from check in to check out. All of the free perks like champagne at check in for Kimpton members (sign up - it's free), free happy hour and treats by the pool, fruit-infused water throught the hotel and even $10 mini bar credit are the icing on the cake. Hotel is walking distance to everything - restaurants, clubs, convention center, drug store, shops, etc. Beach is right behind the hotel and the pool area is relaxing. There was a band playing there a couple of days we were there. The streets around the hotel were safe enough for my wife and daughter to walk around day or night. My only concerns were the reviews that complained about the small rooms and bathrooms but it was fine for our family of 3. Besides, if you are steps from a relaxing pool, the beach, great restaurants and shopping, what are you doing sitting in your room??? I would highly recommend this hotel and would not think twice about staying there again. The only two things I will say is that we could hear taxis honking all night on the weekends from our room late at night so if this is a problem, ask for a room away from the street. Secondly, we ordered a mojito from the pool cabana and it was way too strong and didn't have enough lime and mint. It was also small and $13 but that is probably normal for pool side service in this area. I'm sure they would have replaced it if I asked but I couldn't bring myself to complain with everything else being so perfect. I hope to make it back there some day!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
smckeen, General Manager at Surfcomber Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
NRB744-
Thank you very much for the fantastic posting.
We truly appreciate hearing that we were the ideal choice for your family.
I will look into our mojitos'. Maybe sample a few.
We look forward to your return.
Sean McKeen

Been to Surfcomber Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!