Message from TripAdvisor:
TripAdvisor has grounds to investigate that individuals or entities associated with or having an interest in this property may have attempted to interfere with traveler reviews and/or the Popularity Index for this property. Please take this into consideration when researching your travel plans. We make our best efforts to identify suspicious content and are always working to improve the processes we use to assess traveler reviews.

“Great option away from the typical south beach madness” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach

You added Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach to your Saves list
Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   cormer: 2000 Liberty Avenue, 318 20th Street, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #134 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great option away from the typical south beach madness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

We were transferred to this hotel after one very noisy night at a hotel right on Collins avenue. What a welcome relief...it was quieter and more upscale. And the location was down the street from more upscale spots like hotel Delano and SLS. Great service from everyone. Front desk guy (Jean Marc I think; tall and youngish with dark hair) was really helpful as well as Amaury who was at the front door. I especially love Joe the e-car driver. Great personality and showed us a few great spots on Espanola way for tapas and good Italian food. Huge thank you to the bartender, Ronald who kept the drinks coming along with great conversation. The experience at this hotel is a different side of Miami...relaxed, grown and sexy fun. There's a free happy hour from 7-8pm daily with free drinks and live music. Trust me, you want to take advantage of this because drinks cost $20 on average in south beach.

If you want to have a good time in Miami, but don't want to be around the rough immature crowd, this is the place for you. The only issue I had is the room was a bit small but from what I hear, the rooms are typically smaller in this part of the world.

Overall, great experience and I will be back!

• Stayed July 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Good Afternoon Alexis M, and thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We are tucked away in a quiet residential neighborhood, just blocks from all the hottest spots. . I truly appreciate you naming Jean Marc, Amaury, Joe and Ronald. It is great to know that the genuine care that you felt from our team resonated and we are incredibly fortunate to have team members like these working with us! Again, I can’t thank you enough for such a glowing review. I can’t wait to welcome you back personally to Riviera Suites!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My best friend and I went to Miami on a "Girls Getaway". We booked this hotel via Hotwire. We caught a late flight and arrived to the hotel roughly around 1am. We were greeted by Kawanza Nelum at the front desk who quickly got us checked in, explained all the amenities, answered all of our questions, and pointed us in the direction of some good food at a 24 hour restaurant nearby.

The room was very nice. Simple yet elegant. Concrete ceilings, gray walls, pops of color, a great furnished balcony, a tv, minibar, and safe. It was very trendy. We were also provided with robes but no slippers. We are placed into a handicap accessible room which wouldn't be a problem normally except the shower was a roll in and there was no curtain. Needless to say there was water ALL over the floor after we showered. I called back to the front desk that night and again spoke to Kawanza, he assured me that if I spoke to management in the morning they would switch my room as soon as one became available. I did do that, and my request was met immediately! The service was awesome! When we moved rooms the next day Erique helped move our things and the new room was the same except it had a regular shower and a desk near the bed.

Pros: Great Rooms, the bed was amazing, the service was great, great staff, the roof top pool (OMG) was great! It's near the beach, they provide free beach chair vouchers, and the bar and grille in the center of the hotel provided live music in the evenings and great food!

Cons: There's no ice machine. You have to go to the Bar & Grille area and use theirs and it's in a dark corner so it's kind of creepy at night. The complementary happy hour was a bust. There were too many guest for only one server. She was doing her best, but it wasn't very effective.

The best part of this Hotel was the great looking rooms, the comfy beds, both pool areas, and and the staff. I'd stay there again in a heart beat!

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a handicap accessible room unless you truly need a roll in shower for a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hello there Shay J,

We thank you for the positive extensive feedback you provided us with! Our team is always hard at work to make sure that everyone is having an outrageously good time! I am glad that we were able to accommodate you with your request! Our beds are amazing as we only use the best mattresses! We know a great night sleep means a lot! We offer a load of great money saving amenities, for all of our guests to take advantage of! We hope that you would stay with us again in the future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I just can say that this is one of the best hotels in guest service.
Since my man and I get there all the staff was amazing.
They made us an upgrade and make this special days the best ones.
Carlos Lozano Help me to make a surprise to my boy and it was amazing how they can make this so so special.
I'm so thankful with all of the staff and for sure We will come back.
We love the room is special and the decoration it's simple but beautiful.

Stayed July 2014
Killer review SelYy Z!! Thank you so much for the five stars and the fantastic shout outs to Carlos! You are absolutely right – he knows everything there is to know about South Beach and will show you a Kanye-good time. We would love to host your next visit to Miami! We hope to see you again soon!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Besides the small rooms, the sink on the opposite side from the bathroom. The cement with orange spray paint and work chalk on the ceiling was the winner. It was suppose to be my romantic 20 yr anniversary, not in the room it wasn't.

• Stayed July 2014
Hello Mrs. Lisa B!! We value your honest feedback and thank you for sharing it with us! We are indeed a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are a bit smaller then your average hotel room. We offer rooms that are larger, for those guests who need more space. I wish that we were aware of your special occasion! We would have loved to make it really special for the two of you!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This hotel is great! The staff is very helpful and fun!
The manager jenny is remarkable... Amauri was helpful with our bags and was always smiling ;) we rode the e car and it was an amazing experience at no cost ... It completed our trip!

Hello there Zprincess50,

There is nothing that we love to read more then lovely 5 star feedback! We strive to make sure that each and every guest is given great service! We are stoked to read that is what you experienced! Amauri and Jenny are wonderful! I will make sure that they are aware of your kind praise! We would love to host your next visit to Miami!

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We paid an average of $150 per night for this Hotel.
1. Room - We were first given a room that was the size of a large walk in closet then complained and was give a suite which we had originally booked.
2. Windows were so dirty you could not see out.
3. No room service.
4. Left the room at 8am and told Housekeeping to please clean the room - We returned at 4pm nothing was done.
5. Rude front desk staff. They don't smile and they are always using their cell phones.
This Hotel is a complete Joke!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Good evening lonmark89! I am genuinely disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not up to your satisfaction. We strive on providing outstanding service, here at Riviera Suites. It pains us to read that is not what you were given! I will definitely make sure to share your feedback with the Director of Housekeeping, so that this doesn't happen again! Thank you so much for your feedback! I hope we have the chance to welcome you back so you may reap the benefits of our continuous improvements here at Riviera Suites!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We were here for a short time. It's a very nice hotel with nice rooms, but their staff was the best and is what made the hotel memorable. Specifically, Pedro at the front desk went out of his way to help us when we had issues with the printing of our boarding passes.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent visit to Riviera Suites, and for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay, thanks in part to the excellent service you received from Pedro. Pedro is indeed a rock star and but one of many who are dedicated to providing an original guest experience in a friendly, attentive and gracious manner. We look forward to your next visit soon.

Katrine

Been to Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach? Share your experiences!