“We would Def. Stay here again!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Tripadvisor - 17% Savings
Ranked #43 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Uniondale, New York
“We would Def. Stay here again!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

We stayed in this Hotel from 08/02-08/07 and we loved it!
Our room was Pool View Suite BUT thank God we ended up having Ocean/Miami Downtown View!!! Our room was in the 11th floor.
2 Big Plasma TV, 2 Bathrooms!, Freezer, Sink, 2 big closets!
True this is far from SoBE but We were so happy we decided to stay in here because it was NOT so full of people ALL over like in SOBE...
The whole Hotel is WHITE!!!
The Room Service is good but a little too pricey.
3 Eggs & Cuban Bread for $8.00...
BUT once time we called front desk to order a Menu since we lost it... and OMG they took 45min to deliver it!!!
Pools & Jacuzzi are great!
GREAT PRICES! we got a deal in Expedia with them...
BUT they dont have a Gift Shop nor a Spa!!!
But there is a concierge that can set this up for U if u want a Spa.

We would def. stay here again!.. It was a great hotel!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

We had booked a 2 bedroom suite, to accommodate the 6 of us, 2 adults and 4 children..
On arrival there seemed to be a delay in us checking in, something to do with maintenance of the room, the young man on the reception wanted us to hang on to see if it could be fixed, before giving us another room as he said the views from this suite were fantastic...

We waited, I am so happy that we did!, wow the view was worth waiting for, to the master we had a balcony looking out onto the Atlanic, to the other room we had a fantastic view of the water to the rear, after we compossed our selves we looked at the room , two bathrooms, 3 big beds & a sofa bed, 3 plasma TVS, all in all a fantastic suite with crisp white bed linen and towels.......

We slept very well, we ate in the hotel, the food was good, we used the vallet parking which worked for us, the staff were friendly and very knowledgable, my only complaint if I could call it that, was the sun beds around the pool were free, you would see people popping down in the morning reserving the beds and not returning until lunch time, perhaps because the hotel is charging for the beds by the beach..

That said I would certainly return ......

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
New Canaan, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

We stayed in late Feb/ early March. The hotel is relatively new and the rooms are serene with all white/ off-white decor. We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom/ 2 bath which we didn't need, but greatly appreciated. The odd thing about the room was the fact that the main bedroom with the king bed didn't have a door, while the other bedroom with 2 double beds did. This would be a potential problem when traveling with another couple or kids. Since it was the two of us, it was fine, but beware! The king bed mattress was also not great quality. While the bed looked great, there was a large well in the mattress about bum level where maybe some large guests have rested and indented the mattress permanently. I could deal with it, but it wasn't ideal. The beach was terrific - not too crowded- with beach chairs available for a reasonable price and lunch/ bar service. The second day of our stay was windy, so we opted for the pool area; the pools are heated which was awesome, but there are absolutely not enough beach chairs in the main pool area which was a huge downer. We're not ones to head down at the crack of dawn to stake claim to chairs, but clearly others were and they hogged the chairs from dawn till dusk. This left us feeling like lesser guests who might grab a few moments of time on a chair only if someone else granted us use while they temporarily disembarked to do something else. This hotel is down the street from the Eden Roc and The Fontainbleu. We checked out those hotels which have a much more happening bar scene, more restaurants, and are larger overall. And, I have to point out that the restaurant at this hotel is fine for breakfast/ lunch, but it is basic. You much go outside for dinner. All in all, the Grand Beach Hotel was a good upper middle class hotel with a relaxed attitude. We enjoyed it, but would have had an A+ time if they had more chairs and if they invested that extra amount for a firmer mattress that can support guests of all sizes without leaving behind their body imprint!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Derry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

This is one of the best hotels we have stayed in. the size of the room and the use of two bathrooms along with two tvs meant that bothI and my wife could relax and do our own thing. There is a great bus service outside the hotel and you can traverse all up and down south and north beach for $2. The fridge in the room means that you can bring in your own stuff for lunch and breakfast. This is a great location, very quiet but within 10 minutes drive to Lincoln mall and south beach attractions

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Essex, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

stayed in ocean front suite on 17th floor, rooms big and very clean, altho maybe cream isn't best colour for carpets. Lovely kingsize bed, pull out double sleeper also, two bathrooms and two large flatscreen tv's. Entrance lobby v nice, grounds kept and set out well, right on the beach, only short cab ride to Lincoln Road, Espanola Way etc. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

Crap service but nice and new, but the service you receive is very very poor and you will need to wake at dawn to get a sun bed. Make sure you credit card is in a good heath as it won't be after your stay. Always go for ocean front rooms or you will get road noise.

• Stayed August 2010
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

My fiance & I came to Miami to celebrate my 30th birthday and chose Grand Beach Hotel because we had heard mixed reviews. The value was there (we ended up pre-paying for our stay) and we knew it was not 'on' South Beach and we wanted to be out of the 'clubbing' crowd.

I had called to reserve my room as I would be taking the red-eye in from Seattle and would not be able to check-in that early. So we paid for the night before so that the room would be reserved & ready to check-in at any time.

When I finally arrived to the hotel, I was greeted at the front desk and told that my room had been given away. I was jetlagged and tired and a little annoyed at being told I paid for my room and it was given away. When I was told I'd have to wait 3 hours for a room to be available; I demanded a refund on my previous night stay as I now did not have a room.

After some more key punching, she was able to find me a room but it was considered a 'upgrade' and so she wasn't sure she could give it to me. I waited while she verified that the room was available. I then went upstairs to the room and discovered that my fiance had originally had a bouquet of flowers & breakfast sent to my room (which was given away).

After much confusion and his calls to the concierge; I was called and told that I was going to be moving rooms (again) to a upgraded room and that my flowers & food would be waiting there.

I chose to take a nap as I was extremely jetlagged and then called the bellhop to help me move rooms (I was not given any other option). I called the concierge and then waited. I had a gentleman dressed in a hotel uniform on his cell phone outside my hall/room for 10 mins talking on his cellphone. I couldn't tell if he was 'my' bellhop or not. It turns out he 'was'. I was a bit annoyed as I felt he could've handled his own calls on his own time vs. letting me know he arrived but wasn't in a rush to help me move.

When we finally did move rooms, he basically asked me for a tip and wouldn't leave. I felt very awkward as I did not have any cash on me and also don't like feeling the pressure. The flowers were waiting and food as requested. The concierge went above & beyond as he felt terrible the room situation was messed up and provided us with a bottle of champagne as well.

The room was beautiful and had 2 bathrooms but they were on the small side. The tub was not a 2-person tub and the 2nd bathroom was a standing only shower with a curtain and often got water everywhere.

The reviews about the hotel restaurant were pretty on-par. I ate there my first day as I didn't want to go far. It was spendy ($18 for buffet breakfast and not including drinks). The menu is very limited (pizza or burgers for lunch/dinner). The 'gift shop' is never open. When we walked by it; it was always closed and had half-open boxes as if someone was putting goods away and gave up.

We did get a rental car and the valet was very spendy. Even when we called ahead.. it was still a good 15-20min wait. There was always a consistent line of people waiting for their cars. Parking was nearby but did not have in/out privileges and we didn't want to worry about crime.

We did order room service one day and it was quick (burgers/fries). Nothing to write home about although not bad on price (most places charge $20 and up but I believe we only paid $10-12 for each meal).

I ventured to the 'adults only' pool my first day. They have happy hour at the bar and the drinks were great for the value ($4 for a blended margarita).

We also explored the beach our 2nd to last day and I agree with most users that the umbrellas/chairs weren't included. They were an additional $10 or so and so we opted to just use the towels. The water was amazing and it was nice to have quick and easy access from the hotel. There was a young girl offering to 'lotion' men on the beach but I don't think she was part of the hotel.

Wifi was 'free' but a joke. We could see the routers mounted up and down the hallway and were right next to one but it would consistently drop every 5mins or so. We used our mi-card as it was faster and consistent.

We had issues at check-out as the room fiasco from the beginning came back to haunt me. It took about 30 mins before they were able to resolve it and finalize my bill.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!