“Serves the purpose” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
London, United Kingdom
“Serves the purpose”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We've spent 3 nights there early March. A big characterless hotel with a small lobby area which makes it look very hectic as people are coming and going all the time.
The room was spacious, furnished all in white. The carpets I our room have seen better days, the carpets in the corridors were literally dirty.
The hotel has a direct access to a public beach which is good and has heated pools.
All in all it is a hotel where you can sleep over but there is nothing really to write home about. I found it very overpriced for what it had to offer.
The security of the hotel should be tightened as anybody from the public beach can get in and out with no restrictions.
There is a supermarket (Walgreens) within approx. 2km distance.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Miroslava_Petrov, Social Media Representative at Grand Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Odenisan, thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. While we are glad you enjoyed the spaciousness of our room accommodations, as well as the pools and direct beach access from hotel premises, we are sorry to read that your overall experience was not as positive as we would like. We would like to apologize for the stains you have noticed on the carpeting. The all-white décor on property does make its maintenance and fresh outlook challenging; however, we can assure you that the carpeting onsite is in no case dirty, because the regular treatment and shampooing of the carpets prevents that. Our housekeeping department does come across impossible to remove stains, which cause such outlook in some areas. We are grateful for your suggestion for improvement of the hotel’s overall security. We have notified management of your comments and we shall follow up accordingly.it is unfortunate to read you have found our hotel as overpriced and hope that you have taken advantage of all the amenities we have to offer guests in addition to our room accommodations. We would appreciate it if you would give us the chance to change your perception of our property and would like to welcome you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is a nice, clean hotel at Miami Beach. It includes the most you can expect from a hotel at "this level". Some people don't like the location, but for us it was perfect. Great beach and pool area, but a rather limited menu at the restaurant.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Gell_nilsson, thank you very much for your kind feedback. We are happy to read you have spent a joyful and pleasant vacation on property. It sounds like our beachfront location with direct beach access got the stamp of approval from you; we must share that we are glad it proved convenient for you. We genuinely appreciate your comments and suggestions when it comes to our restaurant as they assist us when reviewing the improvements we can make to our service and product going forward. We hope that you will consider staying with us again next time you visit the Miami Beach area. Please don't hesitate to contact us if we can assist you when planning your next trip.
Malmo, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was my second stay at the Grand Beach Hotel. We got a room on the 19th floor with an incredible view.

The rooms and the pools are as true as the slogan "affordable luxury". The rooms are large, with a large selection of TV channels and a large enough balcony.

The pools are clean and the area is comfortable with a 1 minute walk to the beach.

The largest disappointment is the Chez Gaston restaurant. For breakfast and pool service (drinks and lunch) it's good enough, but where is the "Let's really serve our customers and ask around if they need anything" spirit? We had to run around to get a waiter all days at the pool.

For dinner in the evening the service is awful and the food is barely adequate. Stay away at all cost, go to another hotel or visit Walgreens on 41st and grab a sandwich. The staff didn't even know where the bar was located in the hotel (we went there for a drink while waiting for a table)!

The hotel lobby is decent but with only a small misplaced bar, but the bartender (spanish guy when we were there) really knew how to create those drinks. A bar genius.

All in all, great rooms and great pools. Friendly and helpful front-desk and concierge but terrible experience with the Chez Gaston and also the lack of an evening atmosphere.

Room Tip: The higher floor the better
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Miroslava_Petrov, Social Media Representative at Grand Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Martin S, it means so much to us that you enjoyed your overall stay onsite. Thank you for the lovely remarks about our room accommodations, pool areas, and overall facilities. We could not agree more with you on your comment of having a room on a high floor of the hotel; it truly makes one’s experience that much better due to the even more spectacular views which open up; at the same time, this is valid for all our rooms, as the room accommodations at the hotel start form the 7th floor up- guaranteeing a great view to guests. Reading your review makes us feel sorry that we have not managed to meet your expectations for service and food quality at our restaurant. We are truly disturbed by your feedback and will do our best to improve in the areas you have specified. It has been our pleasure to serve you during your time with us. We would like to welcome you to join us again in the future.
Fonthill, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We spent one night in Miami Beach at the Grand Beach Hotel and loved it! Sure the rooms are expensive, but we had a 'Double Bay Front Suite' of 500 sq. ft. with fantastic views of Biscayne Bay and the Miami skyline. The beds were incredibly comfortable and the separate living area with sitting area and views down Collins Avenue was perfect. Beautiful bathroom with complimentary toiletries and luxurious towels. The 2 Vizio flatscreen tv's had outstanding pictures. We thoroughly enjoyed a lunch and breakfast at the hotel restaurant Chez Gaston and found the food beautifully presented and very tasty for what we thought were reasonable prices. Anthony, one of the persons at the concierge desk merits special mention for being so personable and helpful. I have read some negative reviews about this hotel, staff and the restaurant on trip advisor, but our experiences were only most positive. Wish we had time to stay longer.

Room Tip: Great views on the Bay side. Not really worth paying extra to be on the beach side.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Myduty, thank you for choosing the Grand Beach Hotel as your accommodation on Miami Beach. We are thrilled with the wonderful feedback you have shared after your stay with us. There is nothing that makes us happier than to learn of the excellent, five-star experience a guest has had with us. Thank you for your positive comments regarding our double bay front suite, as well as the spectacular views, this suite offers from its private balcony. We appreciate you joining us for breakfast and lunch at Chez Gaston. It is with pleasure that we learn that our menu items were to your taste. And last but not least thank you for extending such kind words of Anthony at the concierge desk. He is truly a great asset to our team and we are glad to learn his service has made your stay onsite more pleasant. We are grateful for your review and cannot wait to greet you back on property. Hopefully, your return visit would be for a longer period of time, so you may fully indulge in all that Miami Beach & Grand Beach Hotel have to offer.
Peoria, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We go to Miami a few times a year and usually stay at the same two hotels on South Beach. This trip it was my husband and I and our two children, ages 8 and 4. I will review the hotel and then explain what our real issue was.
We decided to stay at Grand Beach Hotel because it looked very affordable for what they offered. Well, in this instance I guess you get what you pay for . Rooms need cleaned, especially the carpet. Very dirty. The service at the pool and beach was very slow. Staff was very nice, but it took a long time to even get a drink not to mention you can not pay cash for anything. It all has to be billed to your room. The restaurant served a wonderful breakfast buffet but lunch and dinner was pretty limited and overpriced. Overall the hotel seemed very fair but it is directly on the ocean which was nice. They advertised beach toys that the hotel provided for children but when we asked, the server said they must of gotten stolen because they didn't have any. So we bought our own and when we checked out we left them at the hotel with the workers at the beach for other children to play with.
On our second day there, my 4 year old daughter and I went up to the room for something around 2pm. We walked in on the maid cleaning our room, WHILE SHE WAS EATING OUR CHEX MIX AND DRINKING MY DAUGHTERS JUICE!!!!! I complained to the front desk and he apologized but was kind of laughing. It was very bizarre. Shrugged it off and got on with our trip. We checked out on our 5th day and flew out that afternoon. I realized I had left my makeup bag hanging on the back of the bathroom door once we had gotten home. I called immediately and the front desk said they would look for it and call me back. This went on for 5 days. Them looking for it, transferring me to housekeeping, the hotel manager on duty, the executive housekeeper, etc. I called, sent emails, etc. I left all of my makeup, my eyeglasses and not to mention my haircutting scissors in that makeup bag. So I was very concerned about getting it returned to me. I finally got an answer on the 7th day and that was that they found it and I needed to fill out a credit card authorization form and fax it back to them in order for them to ship it to me. They emailed me the form, WITH SOMEONE ELSE'S INFORMATION FILLED OUT ON IT!!! I had that persons name, address, credit card number, cvs code, exp date and place of employment. BIG MISTAKE on their part. I called and said I refused to send MY information to them now and they apologized once again and said they would mail it back on their behalf. Needless to say I never got my makeup case. Watch out if you stay there. This persons information was filled out on this form over 2 years ago so that means they kept it for 2 years?? Horrible, horrible experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Reneerah3, thank you for expressing your concerns. We are terribly sorry to learn of the disappointing experience you have had on property with us. It is distressing to hear that we have failed to meet your expectations and live up to your needs in so many aspects during your visit. We would like to take the time and assure you that the issues you have come across contradict the level of customer service we strive to maintain at the hotel. We agree with you on the bizarre character of some of the issues you have experienced and we have forwarded your review to management. We will be sure to follow up and find ways to improve in these aspects of our operation. We are very sorry you have not received your makeup bag yet. We would like to personally assist you and ensure that the according department follows through on your issue. Since TripAdvisor reviews are anonymous, we do not have your contact information. We have requested this information via a private TripAdvisor message and we do hope for your response. If you prefer you may contact us directly at mpetrov@grandbeachhotel.com. Please accept our apologies for all that went wrong during your stay. This is not the service we strive to deliver to our guests. We sincerely hope that we could persuade you to give our hotel another chance in the future to gain back your trust.
Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

This hotel has great rooms. But you pay for it, almost twice...
The restaurant in the hotel, "Chez Gaston", should be avoided by all means. Terrible food and service. The worst part however is the constant demand for control in the restaurant of who you are. They seem to have some bad experience. Does not make you feel safe ...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Miroslava_Petrov, Social Media Representative at Grand Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear torbenDenmark, we appreciate your review of our property. While we are glad to hear you have overall enjoyed your visit to property, it is distressing to learn of your experience at the restaurant. We would like to offer our apology for failing to meet your taste and pricing expectations. We are very sorry, if our attempt to ensure correct billing has made you feel uncomfortable. Your room key, as well as name has been requested for the sole purpose of placing the meal charge to the correct guest room; our servers must swipe your room key in order to add your bill to your guest folio. We genuinely appreciate your feedback and comments, as they help us locate the areas, which require our attention and efforts towards improvement. We apologize once again for your restaurant experience and hope that it would not prevent you from considering our hotel in the future.
Seoul, South Korea
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stayed in Grandbeach in Jan, 2014.
Faciliity itself is great but any of staff is excellent as facility.
I left my dress in the closet and called the hotel front desk right away and they told me to connect me to Housekeeping for lost and found.
However, there was no one in Housekeeping or lost & Found dept so I had to re-call 10 times.
Front desk kept saying they have nothing to do and call back tomorrow at 3pm when all housekeeping team is there.
In this situation, usually hotel front desk asks my contact information and will call or mail me but they didnt bother to do it.
After that, I called again and reached someone but she couldnt help me at all.
So I sent email several times and finally housekeeping confirmed they have my dress.
(This is my first time to receive emails from housekeeping. Usually front desk or concierge team take care...)
So I sent Fedex to pick up on Feb 2nd and still I havnt received my dress yet.
Fedex confirmed that pick up didnt happened and Grand beach told me they sent out pkg but didnt leave any document because I MADE FEDEX BOOKING.
This is so frustrating and I feel they are so bothered to help me.
I go travel all the time and stayed so many good hotels but this is my first time that hotel front desk or any other memebe reply so bad.
I hope anyone in Grandbeach hotel staffs check this messege and get back to me sincerely.
There are 4 ppl copied in my email but I havnt really received any sincere email yet.
so frustrating....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Diane_Min, we appreciate the time you have set aside to express your concern as a result of your recent stay with us. We would like to offer our sincerest apology for the delay, with which your issue is being resolved. The experience you have described contradicts our property’s service standards and we are willing to do all that is possible, in order to assist you and resolve this situation for you in the timeliest manner. Reviews on TripAdvisor are anonymous; therefore, I will go ahead and contact you directly via a private message to request your contact information. If you prefer you may also reach out to me directly at mpetrov@grandbeachhotel.com. It is our hope that your overall joyful experience on property with us managed to outweigh the issue you experienced with your lost item. Once again we apologize for the delay and promise to do our best to gain back your trust and help you resolve this issue.

Been to Grand Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!