“Could not get a better international hostel atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Miami Hostel to your Saves list
Miami Hostel
810 Alton Road, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Ohana Hostel Miami Beach)   |
Cape Town
“Could not get a better international hostel atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I LOVED my stay at the Miami Hostel. After traveling for a month, it was my favorite hostel in the USA by far. The staff were so friendly, helpful and down-to-earth. The communal area was very cool - bagel breakfast every morning, great kitchen facilities and incredible international social vibe. Walking distance from everything in South Beach, the location was great too! Bottle store next door and pool table outside area was buzzing every night with inter-cultural social activity. Loved it!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Ciudad Del Este, Paraguay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My first time in Miami and this Hostel is amazing! Very nice managers, very cleaned rooms, a lot of nice people and a perfection location. The kitchen is big and a there is a nice sociable place. Really enjoyed my stay here and definately stay here again if I return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Well as a solo traveler and my first time in Miami... "WHOA!!!!!!" the weather in Miami is something else. Miami was hot and humid. So, as I arrived from the airport to the Hostel, I needed to be cooled. As I arrived to the hostel's office, it was refreshing to feel the A/C, but as soon as I stepped into my room. HUmmm nooo it was HOT! I had a long flight, walked 7 blocks from the bus stop to the hostel. (Later i found out that I could have taken the South Beach bus, that goes around in circles in the area and I would have only walked a block) I needed a nap. As I took a nap, man I woke up completely sweaty. Then I overheard a conversation from other travelers complaining abt not having a/c for the last couple of days. This irritated me, cause the Hostel is located in Miami, they know how the weather is, and on top of that no a/c? Other than that, they had a nice location. At night the bar area was packed and I loved the free bbq they had. Clean linen and clean bathroom. Customer service and the manager where amazingly great, and helped as much as possible. They only need to fix the a/c's at least have them on throughout the night cause the heat and humidity is crazy. Walgreens is at a walking distance and so are other small shops.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is being advertised as a party hostel, which I thought was great as I was travelling alone I wanted to meet people. WRONG! I walked in wondering where I was. There was about 3 or 4 guests sitting around the outside area, possibly because it was brighter and cooler than the rooms, and they were all eyeballing each other, not saying a word. Then I walked past a man who was sitting at the bar eating a bowl of cereal (turned out that was the manager and by bar I mean a piece of wood with a fridge behind it, they don't actually serve drinks there). When he did let me checkin I was taken back out the front gate and in the gate next door, up some tiny stairs and to a room where, if it wasn't for the street lights, would have been pitch black.
The whole place had a dirty vibe to it. I kept my thongs on the whole time and felt cleaner if I avoided the shower.

Luckily I was only there for 2 nights. I arrived late the first night and was up and out of there early the next morning, spending the whole day on hop-on hop-off busses and drinking with the staff at the Hard Rock Miami (so I thankfully don't remember the second night).

Overall was the worst place I stayed in my whole trip and made Miami a bit of a downer for me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I will never recommend this place at all .. Period ,, at nite we were yelled at because of having a good time ,, his name was illke , what a jerk off of a manager , where are his people skills .. He should find another line of work , never could help anybody with directions ,

• Stayed July 2013
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were friendly, the manager is a legend, always happy to help!
Really sociable place and you can bring your own alcohol in. Kitchen is big and always kept clean. Free computers. Liquor shop right next door and supermarket within walking distance. Dorms were average, lockers provided & A/C.
Outdoor spa also. Met a wicked group of people here and would definately stay here again if I was to return.

• Stayed March 2013
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights in March. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Kitchen was lush and always kept clean. Such an amazing atmosphere and met some incredible people!

Beds where comfy and not cramped, rooms were nicely aired and spacious. Our room was really close to the chill out/party area so can get noisy at night. Obviously if you're the noisy ones then it doesn't matter :)

Highly recommend this place and actually have been recommending it to people I know who are visiting later in the year!

Room Tip: If you want to be away from noise then ask not to be by the communal area.