“Good facilities - Guest service much to improve” 3 of 5 stars

810 Alton Road, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Ohana Hostel Miami Beach)   |
Special Offer
Call for Best Rate
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Good facilities - Guest service much to improve”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The Miami Beach Hostel facilities are generally good and have maintenance. On arrival they ask for a cash deposit, no other payment methods will be accepted.

The kitchen is very spacious and full refrigerators are excellent. It's weird sometimes find such facilities in hostels.

The WIFI access is very good, I had no problem during my entire stay.

Negative point: During my four days hot water was cut in several opportunities. The last time I took a bath, I did it with ice water having reported the problem on the first day frontdesk.

Have to improve the breakfast, it´s extreme poor. A coffee cups of tergopol, just one medium bagel, a little jam and cream cheese.

The attention of the owner is rude and distant, I had an uncomfortable day during my check out, I had to explain in detail to another employee who looked after me that day and hour handed the cash, because the owner I didn´t give me a receipt of payment when asked.

During my stay I used the whirlpool bathtub (under construction), has water almost cold and excess chlorine.

Room Tip: Asked to frontdesk to regulate the air conditioning in your room, sometimes the cold is pretty inten...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed in this Hostel in December 2012.I could honestly not fault this Hostel in any way,I was very impressed with this establishment and would encourage people to stay here if in the South beach area and would stay here for sure again myself.The price is also excellent(about 18-20 dollars per night).There is a very nice atmosphere at Miami hostel and the staff are all very nice+helpful.
Location is great you can walk to Washington avenue and Ocean drive in about 7-12 minutes and the same to the beach area.There is a excellent Liquor store beside the Hostel and and a grocery store down the street along with other stores and places to eat etc.Most of the bars/clubs/restaurants are over towards Washington avenue area.I got a taxi to this Hostel which cost 32 dollars.I was more than satisfied with my stay and encourage anyone to stay here its a well run Hostel which im sure will impress you,the price as mentioned above is also excellent!

Room Tip: I think they are all the same they are all very close to one another maybe only 10-13 rooms here!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Wardha, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Excellent location-just next to the bus stop and in the most happening locality of south Beach. Wi-fi, free breakfast are bonus. You can fill a bagfull of breakfast and actually avoid costlier lunch outside! ;-) A pool table and some disco lighting gives it a feel of a discotheque! Only problem is you might feel a bit too cramped in bunk beds as the rooms are very small. For the same reason, cleaning doesnt occur frequently. But a great value for money. I would stay there again!

Room Tip: 8 and 12 bedded dorms can make you claustrophobic!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Only happened upon Miami Hostel as we had an awful experience elsewhere and decided to move here. Don't know why there are bad reviews about it. Staff couldn't have been any friendlier and were extremely helpful. Hostel and rooms are very very clean, free breakfast, organised tours and nights out, bus free outside the door. Couldn't fault it!!

• Stayed October 2012
Mirano, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

If you are looking for a really nice place, with wonderful people, and ten min walking from the beach and even cheap.... You are in the right place!!!
You will find a great common room with a pool table, a jacuzzi and free breakfast. They even give you the towels for the beach!!! What else do you pretend for 15$ per night?!?i really suggest to go there

• Stayed September 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

If you want to lost your stuff,
If you want to go to the jail because you complained of losting your stuff
if you want dirty room
if you want to treat you improper, so this is the right place for you.
My story is that i paid for 8 days and the 2nd day i tried to find my stuff in the common friedge after the cleaning of kitchen staff. I went to complain and the kitchen staff started screaming to me. I went to the front desk and explained the situation. The man there at the begining tried to find out my stuff but after came to me and he told me that he didn't want to stay any more in the hostel. I called the police and this man told them that i tried to hit them. The police arrested me without any reason. I tried to call my embassy but the police didn't allow me, neither let me speak with sb in my language. After, one day in jail with homeless, drug people released.This is my story! If you want to have the same experience you can live it! GOOD LUCK!

• Stayed August 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

This is the very first hostel I have stayed at and to be honest I was very skeptical at choosing one for my Miami vacation. I gave it a chance and so here's my review. This was one of the best vacations I have ever had and I attribute this 100% to the hostel itself. No matter what time of day you come in for check-in (although officially at 3pm) you will find people hanging out and very open for conversation. The atmosphere was amazing and there would be days when most visitors stayed indoors to hang out with each other while listening to great music. The congregation point which is also the focal point is the pool table. You can't miss it as it's the first thing you notice when you come in. This hostel is about value. There should be an "Excellent +" option. The facilities are cleaned daily and thoroughly. The very best part I have to say is that we were fed breakfast lunch AND dinner each and every day by the staff thus helping you save more money for your travels! What kind of food? Sometimes pizza, sometimes pasta, sometimes rice and chicken, etc. The location is out of the way ONLY if you aren't used to walking. The hostel is located on 8th and Alton Road so its about a 10-15 minute walk to South Beach's big avenues such as collins, washington and ocean. This is not to say there's plenty to do around the hostel itself. There's a liquor store found literally about 20ft away from the hostel door. Also available are a few restaurants, and awesome Irish pub on the corner, Starbucks on West ave, 7-Eleven for late night cheap eats, etc. I will be coming back to this place. I know there are different types of hostels so I'll coin this one a "Social Hostel". You come here if you want to meet people from all over the world and build relationships that will last a lifetime. If this is your kind of place then trust me, it'll be tough for you to leave once its time for check-out. I know it was for me. Shout out to an awesome staff both during the day and night time. If you want to ask any questions or comments please feel free to contact me.

Room Tip: If you're a social person, ask for the very awesome Room #2. Only the cool stay there ;)
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to Miami Hostel? Share your experiences!