“Do you want to have a terrible experience?” 1 of 5 stars

Miami Hostel
810 Alton Road, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Ohana Hostel Miami Beach)   |
Special Offer
Call for Best Rate
“Do you want to have a terrible experience?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

If you want to lost your stuff,
If you want to go to the jail because you complained of losting your stuff
if you want dirty room
if you want to treat you improper, so this is the right place for you.
My story is that i paid for 8 days and the 2nd day i tried to find my stuff in the common friedge after the cleaning of kitchen staff. I went to complain and the kitchen staff started screaming to me. I went to the front desk and explained the situation. The man there at the begining tried to find out my stuff but after came to me and he told me that he didn't want to stay any more in the hostel. I called the police and this man told them that i tried to hit them. The police arrested me without any reason. I tried to call my embassy but the police didn't allow me, neither let me speak with sb in my language. After, one day in jail with homeless, drug people released.This is my story! If you want to have the same experience you can live it! GOOD LUCK!

• Stayed August 2012

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

This is the very first hostel I have stayed at and to be honest I was very skeptical at choosing one for my Miami vacation. I gave it a chance and so here's my review. This was one of the best vacations I have ever had and I attribute this 100% to the hostel itself. No matter what time of day you come in for check-in (although officially at 3pm) you will find people hanging out and very open for conversation. The atmosphere was amazing and there would be days when most visitors stayed indoors to hang out with each other while listening to great music. The congregation point which is also the focal point is the pool table. You can't miss it as it's the first thing you notice when you come in. This hostel is about value. There should be an "Excellent +" option. The facilities are cleaned daily and thoroughly. The very best part I have to say is that we were fed breakfast lunch AND dinner each and every day by the staff thus helping you save more money for your travels! What kind of food? Sometimes pizza, sometimes pasta, sometimes rice and chicken, etc. The location is out of the way ONLY if you aren't used to walking. The hostel is located on 8th and Alton Road so its about a 10-15 minute walk to South Beach's big avenues such as collins, washington and ocean. This is not to say there's plenty to do around the hostel itself. There's a liquor store found literally about 20ft away from the hostel door. Also available are a few restaurants, and awesome Irish pub on the corner, Starbucks on West ave, 7-Eleven for late night cheap eats, etc. I will be coming back to this place. I know there are different types of hostels so I'll coin this one a "Social Hostel". You come here if you want to meet people from all over the world and build relationships that will last a lifetime. If this is your kind of place then trust me, it'll be tough for you to leave once its time for check-out. I know it was for me. Shout out to an awesome staff both during the day and night time. If you want to ask any questions or comments please feel free to contact me.

Room Tip: If you're a social person, ask for the very awesome Room #2. Only the cool stay there ;)