“Great Location /price.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Fritz Hotel

You added The Fritz Hotel to your Saves list
The Fritz Hotel
3.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   524 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Casanova Suites on the Beach)   |
Ranked #63 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Great Location /price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed there From March 17th-20th. It was very easy to find and the rooms were very spacious and clean. I really liked the rooms except we had no balcony. Which Im learning that in South Beach is a real challenge unless you want to spend an insane amount of money.
While booking I was annoyed that everything was across the road from the beach but it turned out to not be a big ordeal. The park was nice and it wasn't like it was a huge obstacle to keep you away from the beach.
The restaurant in front of the hotel had a great breakfast for a reasonable price. Lets face it everything in Miami is expensive no matter where you eat. I really loved the side walk Cafes. There are bars within a reasonable walking distance I love Wet Willies and Jessica the bartender is awesome.
I would stay here again and I highly recommend it. Don't let the lobby throw you off tho, it's small and dingy but it doesn't effect the rooms.
The pool area was good the chairs comfy provided a great view the pool was really cold but it was march. It was clean.
Valet parking is $30.00 a day, but you can't get parking any cheaper and you have to valet park at all places on the beach.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I've stayed at Casanova suites three times and It never fails to delight me, from the large suites and great location to the friendly and helpful service who has always helped me manage my stay with a smile, even when I was stressed by cancelled flights.
I highly recommend this hotel .

Room Tip: Ocean fronts suites are breathtaking !
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We spend 3 nights at the Casanova suites and we had a fabulous time. The hotel is convenient located at the heart of Ocean Drive just across from the ocean. The rooms are huge and very well equipped. The hotel entrance it's a little bit shaddy but this is because they are under renovation and they will soon be inaugurating a completely new lobby and hotel entrance. The true gem of this hotel is the staff. Thank you guy's for a fantastic stay. :-) . Hopefully we will come next year.

• Stayed March 2013
Hamilton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The property is located right in the action and is very spacious, with lots of potential but really needs some TLC. Drapes were torn and falling off the tracks. Walls were very dirty and scuffed, as were bathroom floors. There seemed to be attempts to make the property nice - nice finishes in the bathrooms, and kitchen but it has not been kept up. Very scary lobby with nasty smells. It is very noisy - if you are going to party and not sleep it is perfect - DO NOT TRUST THE PICTURES ON THE SITE!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
CasanovaSuites, General Manager at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guets,

I would like to personally apologize for any inconvenience you might had during your stay. The hotel is currently going under renovation and is true that it can get a little bit noisy specially after 11 am. Luckily the renovation is almost over and in a few months we will have 7 more beautiful rooms to offer and a completely renovated lobby We are currently in high season with a very high rate of occupancy (94%) giving us very little time to none to keep up with painting needs. Be sure that all rooms are schedule for painting during the next couple of months. We do proud our selves on keeping our suites clean.

Camilo Matarraz
Providence RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is in such a great spot! With a prime location our balcony looked onto Ocean Drive. We had 5 people in our room and with two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a kitchen area we had plenty of room! The room was clean and spacious. It was a little chilly so we weren't able to take advantage I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at casanova suites for only three nights, but I wished it was more. The front desk staff is super, great service at all times, they even let me check-in early at no extra cost. The hotel entrance is kind of creepy, and lobby (under renovation) is tiny, and falling apart, but as they explained me they are doing more rooms, and switching the lobby to the 2nd floor.However, you dont spend much time in the lobby, so we could care less. The suite I stayed was the one with the ocean view, it is huge, plenty of space with a very well equipped kitchenette, master bedroom with a comfortable king size bed. It has a small balcony, and 2 flat screens with no many channel options.
Rooftop pool was nice, but no great. It needs at least a little bit of work, like some umbrellas will be nice.
I would most definitely recommend this beautiful boutique, and I'm waiting for next year to make my reservation here. Thanks to the staff for a great stay...

• Stayed February 2013
CasanovaSuites, Manager at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your great review. We take pride in having a very small staff but a very helpful one. Currently, we are working hard to remodel our hotel and make it look beautiful. Soon enough we will be inaugurating a new lobby are and also 7 more rooms. Please visit us soon to take advantage of our great deals and new amenities.

Casanova Team
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Overall, I liked the hotel a lot, and the price was good for the area.

Just don't judge the place based on your impression of the lobby on the side of the hotel, which was undergoing construction. The room we had didn't have a view of the ocean or a balcony, but it was spacious - it seemed like it might have been 2 rooms at one time.

The room was very clean, the floors were tiled in what looked like marble, and the appliances, tv, bed, plumbing fixtures, curtains etc seemed to be new. The bed was very comfy, shower was wonderful. Wi-fi worked great. And the place was quiet - until about 8am in the morning when some garbage trucks in the laneway made some noise - but not terrible. As for the location, it's unbeatable. Near many restaurants, right across the street from the beach.

The manager was helpful, guiding us to restaurants, booking a taxi, holding our bags for us, and in general helping us out.

I only stayed one night before a cruise, so don't feel I can comment on the property as a whole, but I liked my room a lot.

Summary: I thought I got great value for the money, and at a good quality standard. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are deeply thankful for your kind review. Thank you for not judging us for our lobby and the side entrance of the hotel and putting into detail our great qualities. We hope to see you very soon so you can enjoy our future lobby and new great rooms. Our next project is to upgrade our beautiful rooftop.

Casanova Team

Been to The Fritz Hotel? Share your experiences!