“Almost perfect” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“Almost perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I travel 35% of the year for both business and holiday all over the world. On this occasion I booked through Booking.com, which I don't normally do, but received a fairly decent rate for 3 nights stay, and chose The Betsy based on other positive reviews.

It was almost perfect in every way. The location is amazing, incredibly clean and comfortable, and most importantly for me, quiet, even though it's right on Ocean Drive. I've been to South Beach no less than 10 times and this was the best hotel yet.

The Betsy only gets 4 stars because of service, which was very inconsistent. 15% of the time I would get warm and friendly, the rest of the time rather cold and clinical. One example of the service was on the day I was leaving, I called at 6am and requested a late check out to which I was told "Absolutely no problem, I have your check-out time now for 2pm, is there anything else I can do for you?" (15%) Then a rather rude call at 12 noon, just back from a run, "Do you need assistance with your bags right now to check out?" To which I reminded them of my late check out approval. "I'm sorry sir, we have to change your approval as we now need the room. When can you be out?"

The food in the restaurant is phenomenal, so at least it ended on an incredible high. I would definitely stay here again, but will manage my expectations that, even though it is for sure a 5 star hotel in South Beach, the service is more a 3. Get your staff to smile and I'll raise it to 4. :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stayed in two suites for 6 nights, one pool facing and the other facing the beach. Both were fantastic, although the Royal Ocean Suite made better use of the space as the bedroom and the lounge flowed into each other rather than a hallway separating them.
All of the stay we encountered were extremely helpful and friendly, and BLT onsite serves superb food.
Would definitely recommend this hotel over some of the larger corporate hotels available on South Beach.
Will definitely visit again!

Oxon Hill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This hotel is second too none! The staff is on point in every way. Ed Director of Guest Services took care of us from day one of our stay from dinner suggestions to tours he is absolutley THE MAN! Ashley at the front and Thomas are also nice ashley greeted me by my name everyday from the first day I arrived also if you have time induldge in the spa service very personal.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Hove
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Nice hotel, with style on a not so stylish road as ocean drive, comparable to Bourbon street in New Orléans. Rooms ok but no ocean view but ocean drive view. Luckily the noisy bars could not bje heard.
Price too high when compared with NY hotels.

Room Tip: The term ocean view should Be changed into ocean drive view

Orange
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Betsy, unfortunately for only one night. We were on our way to catch a cruise out of Miami. I came across this lovely hotel online and decided to take a chance. This was the first and only time a hotel has exceeded my expectations....and we travel a lot. Every person from the valet to the bellman to reception was wonderful. Kind inviting helpful. Honest and informative. The lobby was beautiful and comfortable. The room was bright clean with lovely amenities and appointments. The restaurant BLT was to die for. Popovers were amazing. I had steak my husband had fish. Both were outstanding. It was not our anniversary but it was what we like to call our "anniversary dinner" because it was that good. I highly recommend this place to all. I almost forgot the roof too deck also great. John serves up one excellent mojito.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

The Betsy Hotel's restaurant "BLT Steak" recently just won praise as Miami Beach's number one Steak house by a local news paper so my fiancé and I had to visit. Dinner was amazing! Aziz, our server, was nothing but smiles and provided great service.

As we were leaving, the doorman Sean overheard us praising how great the lobby looked and suggested we visit the hotel's rooftop. He mentioned there was a bar up there so we decided to go for a nightcap. What a gorgeous view and cool place! The bartender (Yanna I believe) promptly served us our wine which we enjoyed while looking at the cruise ships in the distance. What a cool addition to a great dinner.

I live here in Miami, but if I were visiting, the Betsy & BLT's were both outstanding

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Aarhus, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Right in the center of the 'Miami Beach Art Deco district' this wonderful colonial style hotel is located. Right from registration, through check-in to the extraordinary good service we got during the stay was fantastic. One night we were dining on the hotel restrarant 'BLT' - a great experience. Particularilly the meat was great. Everybody were fantastic, however, the guy at the front desk - Chris Joseph - gave us an extraordinary good service when he helped us check-in on our flights out of Miami. The Beach is great and so is the hotel pool.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Betsy - South Beach? Share your experiences!