“1000 times wow!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
London, UK
“1000 times wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I did my research for my 2 night stay in Miami before I went on to my proper holiday in NOLA and the Betsy ticked all the boxes.

I was looking for a hotel that would allow me to unwind but be close to the Miami madness if I wanted it; quirky with very attentive staff. The Betsy provided all of this. The room had gorgeous wooden floors; plantation shutters and overlooked the pool. Beautiful bed with very comfortable pillows and plenty of storage room.

One of my favourite features was the book shelf with books that had either been strategically placed or left by previous occupants. Either way - it matched the room perfectly. The bathroom consisted of a a very large walk-in shower and a built in TV in the mirror - a bath would have been nice but the rain shower and layout matched the room.

I ate at the restaurant and it was OK - I know it has won awards or been voted the best somewhere but to me - it was OK. The staff's attentiveness (and cocktails) probably grabbed my attention more!

I would stay there again in a heartbeat - location is great; customer service great and the hotel itself is also great.

I couldn't fault it.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the pool
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
TheBetsyHotel, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Deneshae,

Wow back to you! Thanks for your visit, and for writing about being unable to fault us on service, style, and our dedication to a unique South Beach experience (in a perfect location doesn’t hurt either). Anytime you are coming to Miami Beach - we are here to hopefully exceed your previous experience and garner more love from our Guests!
Best regards,

Jeff Lehman

Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Perfect location for a weekend getaway. Not only is this hotel right across from the ocean but its close to nearby restaurants and nightlife. From the moment me and my husband walked into the hotel we were impressed. From checking in to having drinks on the roof everything was perfect. The staff was very attentive, fun and seemed very genuine in making sure our stay was enjoyable, from the girl at the front desk (sorry I don't remember her name)to the bartender on the roof (i think his name was Johnson not sure if that his first or last name). I will definitely return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sheffield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Nice hotel, let down by pool area and breakfast.
The pool area was dingy and uninviting and the breakfast included in the room rate was poor and delivered by staff that generally didn't engage with the customers.
The BLT restaurant was over-priced and to be honest we've had better steaks from Costco.
The roof terrace was great and the two staff we encountered there were awesome as were the bell staff.
My wife was charged over $12 for two regular coffees to go one morning - apparently inclusive breakfast doesn't include coffee to take back to the room. We were promised a refund but it didn't happen. She went to Starbucks over the road after that (and saved a fortune).
4 nights in a pool view room and just over $3300 did not represent good value - we can stay at The Savoy in London and include a meal in the Grill for a little less in August!

Room Tip: The shower flooded the bathroom every time it was used!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The Betsy is small enough for most of the staff to know you by name. The location is at the centre of the Art Deco strip without the hustle & bustle. It's also a stone throw from the chic larger hotels like National, Delano, SLS and W.

Service is tip top & enjoy their toiletries which has a "rum" and peppermint flavor.

Room Tip: The room is in a stately white which gives a clean feel. We had the room 220 which was overlooking...

Zagreb County, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Perfect position, excellent food in BLT,
frendly staff. I like these little things in the bathroom like pepermint shampoo, body losion and others... Nice small pool with comfortable chairs.
Beautifull roof terace.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

St. John's, Antigua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed at the Betsy Hotel during July on a stopover to Saint Lucia. From the minute we arrived we were impressed. The staff were so attentive and professional. (Alan in particular) The room was absolutely beautiful and the bed was the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in. (Truly!) Being airline staff we have slept in so many different hotel rooms.
The linen at the Betsy was divine and the air conditioning was so very quiet. The professional staff were very accommodating with promptly organising a taxi for our departure and coming up to collect our luggage. We were impressed with the beautiful 'zen' garden on the roof top, the gorgeous pool setting and the hotel and location in general. All excellent!
What we were MOST impressed with was the level of service we received after departing from the hotel. I unfortunately left my bathing suit in the closest on the room and I emailed the Betsy to see if they could locate it and then be able to possibly send it to me (at my own expense). They so promptly dealt with the matter, and forwarded my bathing suit straight to me (at THEIR expense!) I thought (being a hotel) that the answer would be no..... and was SO overwhelmingly impressed with this level of service!
We will for sure be returning to the Betsy and will pass on this fabulous hotel to our friends and colleagues.
Many, many thanks to you all and in particular Josh (Reservations supervisor) and the security team for finding my bathing suit and being so kind to post it.

2 Thank AJK51
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This was our first try at this hotel, going off the reviews and comparing this to many other hotels we have stayed in in south beach the hotel to us fell flat.
We like to use the pool verses going to the beach, but we didn't even bother going to the pool as from our view in our room it was in type of a courtyard setting in the middle of the hotel, was very small and didn't seem to get much sun. How ever having said that for people who love the beach this would be an excellent location.
Also our room was on the small side and on the first floor ,it was noisy from the restaurant and other hotel goers..Bottom Line :Ok but very overrated....