Just returned home from 8 nights at the Betsy, our first stay at the South Beach. We chose it after seeing the reviews on Trip Advisor and after taking a look at the hotel's web site. We were not disappointed and had a wonderful and restful stay as the hotel is in a perfect location to walk in the morning, hit the beach in the afternoon and the restaurants in the evening. You can turn right out of the hotel and walk along the beach to South Pointe or left and along the board walk or to Lincoln Road and Collins were the restaurants are plentiful.
We had 2 dinners at the BLT, brunch and a couple of breakfasts and the food was good quality and good value. The steaks here are very good and tasty and well worth a try.
We knew most of the restaurants that we wanted to eat at but Margot (Concierge) suggested a couple not on the list which were fantastic picks and she arranged all reservations as it was very busy. We chose restaurants within walking distance and ate at, Pied a Terre, Ola, The Meat Market, Spiga, Osteria and the Fez. Not one bad meal amongst them and I have reviewed them separately if you want to take a look.
So why not excellent?
1) Our room wasn't ready when we arrived (just after the 4pm check in time) and whilst we were offered an alternative which we didn't want, and they did get us in within an hour. This is not what you expect paying these prices and having been travelling for 15 hours. Also, getting an extra couple of hours to check out when we left was a bit of a struggle but they agreed once I pointed this out.
2) The roof garden is a great place to relax, a real positive for this hotel but on 2 nights we couldn't use it because private parties had a booking. Again, disappointing when the rooms are small with no balcony etc.
3) I've mentioned the help we got from Margot, Thomas and Sean who helped with the luggage and were very friendly. Some of the other service was inconsistent and working on this would make the place perfect.
Overall, we would definitely recommend and will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Betsy is an elegant, historic landmark hotel located in the heart of South Beach. Relaxed tropical interiors and an intimate courtyard pool create an aura that is passionately low-key. Sharing The Betsy's lobby is BLT Steak, an iconic modern American steakhouse featuring a full Sushi & Raw Bar. Betsy's rooftop Deck is expansive with sweeping views of the Atlantic, offering a Wellness Garden with a full range of spa treatments and complimentary sunrise yoga. The 61 room property cocoons its guests in timeless luxury, while offering an incredible view of the beach, exquisite amenities, and a unique presence for art and culture that invites travelers to relax, refresh and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Otel, MrandMrsSmith, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Betsy - South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Betsy Hotel Miami Beach