“Great Location!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights and had a wonderful stay. The Betsy is a lovely boutique hotel that provided excellent service. The rooms, whilst quite small are well decorated and very clean. The beds are super comfy and the TV in the bathroom a luxurious touch.
The location is right across the road from the beach and is a lovely and lively place to be at night. The BLT restaurant had lovely food although I thought a little pricey.
I do feel the price you pay to stay at the Betsy is a little too much for the small size room you get and it also does not include breakfast where I think it probably should for the price you pay per night. I also think the $16 daily resort fee is also ridiculous and should all just be included in the nightly rate.
Other than that a lovely place and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed at the Betsy last week and we were not disappointed. We were there 2 years ago and were so happy to go back.
First of all, the customer service was excellent. The front desk staff were so welcoming and helpful. All those who work there are very friendly and we appreciate that.
Once again, the BLT restaurant was amazing. We had three meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and all were excellent.
We highly recommend the Betsy.
Thank you to all for a wonderful experience! See you again!

Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We only live an hour north but the get-a-way felt like we were wherever you dream about! We met "william p" and his wife on the beach one day so my comments are much like his. I loved the suite we stayed in. The decorations were very homey and comfortable.I spent the "rainy" times in the sitting room while my husband sat at the desk in the bedroom working on his computer...both very comfortable for what we needed to do. I don't think I'll ever stop talking about the bathroom TV...even took a picture to send to my friends! The beach attendants were friendly and alert to your needs...too bad the weather wasn't cooperating (that's Florida summer for you). If you go, you must see the Roof Top...it is a great place to relax, have a drink, watch the stars,or just CHILL OUT!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
TheBetsyHotel, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Sherry R.,

Well I am sorry the weather didn't cooperate fully during your stay, but with great food and drinks, great books, good WiFi and always an interesting Guest or two in the lobby, one can always make the best of it! Glad that you did, and that you got a little beach time! We hope to see you again soon! Happy Anniversary again!

Best regards,

Jeff Lehman
Bologna, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We suggest this amazing hotel, for all you needs during your holidays in miami:
Relax, elegance, cleaned,excellent food, best service. Beach in front, but also deck if you want stay in hotel.
Number one of course, because it is different from others hotel jn miami

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

The location is excellent and the hotel is pretty... However, the rooms are tiny, the housekeeping service is terrible, it is as humid as a rainforest and it has a cellar smell to it. It is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE for the standards. For the same price you can stay at Loews which is way better quality. If you choose to stay at the Betsy, be prepared for a Travelodge quality at a Waldorf Astoria price.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel will never fall out of the top 5 in Miami Beach on TripAdvisor, and because of the location, attention to detail, superior customer service in all phases of the staff, and the beautiful room and building, it should be NUMBER 1!

My wife and I Celebrated our very first Anniversary at the Betsy, the hotel gave us a courtesy upgrade on our room, Bottle of wine, and fruit.

The Room is FLAWLESS. The Bathroom shower is the biggest shower I have ever seen, it has a seating area in the shower. The bathroom has a flatscreen tv embedded in the bathroom mirror, and its not in the way, you can still see yourself. its perfect! I am telling you, I am watching ESPN as I am showering, its like my MAN CAVE away from home LOL

My wife and I are in our early 30's, this hotel is for all ages. The customer service at this hotel is TOP NOTCH, everybody, from the front desk, housekeeping, the doorman, all the way to the TOP ED PONDER are committed to making sure you have the best experience. To be honest, I really like the housekeeping, they just come across very "HONEST" and "GENUINE" they are just hard workers, no games are being played.

The beach area the Betsy uses, is not very crowded, and me and my wife felt like we were King and Queen on the beach. They provide chairs/towels/umbrella for you.

I am at the hotel right now Aug 25-29. My honeymoon last year was at the Hay Adams, a boutique hotel overlooking the WHITE HOUSE in D.C. and I thought I would never experience anything like that again, but the BETSY treated us even better. THANK YOU BETSY TEAM!!! We hope to come back next year.

Room Tip: The Suites are very nice! If you can get a suite do it!
Millburn, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Charming right sized boutique hotel in the perfect setting at the north corner of famous Lummus (beach) park. Decorating well done; a very well appointed room and bath, as well as, all the designs throughout hotel (especially enjoyed lobby and bar sitting area). They had the lost rock n' roll pics up of the Stones and Beatles when I was there; fun. In town for one day of business, but friendly staff and delightful facility made it seem like a nice relaxing long weekend.

Location is superb, in center of SB history, restaurants, shops and other fun distractions. Enjoyed gym, (treadmills work), yoga morning(s) (I observed) on hotel sky deck, and I took a long rejuvenating morning swim in delicious warm Atlantic before business; it worked for focus.

I look forward to returning with my lovely wife for a very special getaway at a very special hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Betsy - South Beach? Share your experiences!