“Wonderful property, excellent staff, great location!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
NEW Breakfast with Betsy
Ranked #4 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
Hong Kong, China
“Wonderful property, excellent staff, great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

It's a pity that my husband and I were only able to spend one night in South Beach as we would've loved a few more nights at The Betsy.

At check-in the staff were so friendly & efficient and we were delighted to find our room was all ready for us ahead of check-in time.

The room itself was simply perfect. Light, bright, immaculate and so tastefully furnished.

The only disappointment was the weather, which prevented us from using the rooftop facilities so we'll just have to come back and visit again. I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

1,342 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Loved this place. Chose it because, well, there's so many to choose from and I didn't know where to begin so i went for the 'colonial feel' one.

With regards to the hotel -
Loved the lobby
Loved my room - very comfy bed
Loved the roof terrace
Pool - didn't use but looked.. OK-ish
Loved being across from the beach - short walk and you're there.

Staff were lovely and very kind, especially Margie? on reception.

Now here comes my tip... I called a few days earlier as to ask for an early check-in as I was arriving on a red-eye at 6am and had business meetings that day.

They do state that it's only possible if they have availability - no quibbles there.

Unfortunately for me, there wasn't (although also no record of my request on my account).

I had to change clothes (several times) in the disabled toilet in the lobby.
Again I can't blame the hotel, if they are full, they are full.
And that's the difference between smaller, boutique hotels and larger ones, who are more likely to have capacity.

The staff were very kind in trying to accommodate me, just bad luck/timing. Although watching someone else arrive 30mins after me and checking in was disheartening.... Sooo tired... needed.... sleep....

But if you're arriving early note official check-in is 4pm. So don't bank on getting into your room early, especially over a weekend.

I would stay there again though.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Forest Row, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have stayed in many 5 and 6 star resorts and luxury hotels over the world. The Betsy is one of the best boutique hotels we have stayed in.
The hotel location is fantastic. From the hotel reception, bar, bedrooms etc .... Everything is beautifully decorated, very clean, and cool.

What makes this hotel are the staff. From the General Manager, the Concierge, the reception staff etc. we have never been made to feel so welcome. They could not be more helpful, or make you feel more welcome.

They offered great advise on trips and booked these for us. Everything was stress free !

We would 100% come back and recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Our only regret is that our stay was too short (just one night). We would return to The Betsy without hesitation. It is a sophisticated and stylish hotel and one of the best we have enjoyed on our extensive travels. The staff were friendly and very helpful. Wish we could have used every aspect of the services there; we'll just have to go back another day!

Room Tip: We had a quiet room on the South Side just as requested and we enjoyed a marvellous night's slee...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dundas, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Once we found our way through the traffic of South Beach, arriving at the Betsy was like discovering an oasis of rest and comfort. The immediate welcome at our car door combined with the ease of checking in, were much appreciated by two travellers. The room was clean, very comfortable, and quiet. There were many special touches such as a selection of books in the room, and although we didn't figure out the benefit of having a TV screen in the bathroom mirror, it was an interesting idea.
There was a beautiful and very comfortable lounge area on the roof with a grand view of the ocean. The beach and walking paths were just across the road from the Betsy.
On the day of departure, we were encouraged to stay and use the common areas of the hotel to relax through the afternoon before heading to the airport. This was greatly appreciated and it felt like friends were asking us to stay longer at their home.
Most appreciated of all were the very friendly and helpful members of the staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hershey, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Like the review of Hangon of July 15, mine and my husband’s experience was very similar, both the good and the bad. As has been noted in many accounts, The Betsy is a beautiful chic hotel that has a wonderful feel and vibe to it in the public spaces. The pool area is a delight, as is the roof terrace and lounge, the beach service is excellent, the staff are outwardly friendly however unfortunately in our experience that is where it ends.

We too arrived early at 12noon, were promised a call when our room was ready. By 2pm no call was received, we returned for an update and informed a message had been left, there was no trace of it. On entering our room, I immediately felt disappointed; it was clear little attention had been paid which became more apparent over the coming days. Most notably the large feature rug was not square to the room, at a significantly slant, as was the bedside cabinet, the bed was not dressed correctly. To add to this our suitcase arrived 19 minutes later after a call to reception to enquire where it was.

On closer inspection the tiny bathroom was not clean, there was mold (black & orange) in the shower which was in desperate need of a good clean and refurbishment; the control handle was broken and came off in my hand, a stained towel was in place. Over the 3 days, missing items included bed shams & throw, slippers, drinking water, shower cap, all of which made appearances on separate days but never together! The TV remote did not work, the batteries were corroded.

Despite an upgrade to a pool view room, noise was an issue too, if it was not the TV from the next room’s bathroom (so loud one morning I called reception to have it turned down), it was the staff change over at 7.00am at the office opposite or the footfall from the room above.

Complaints were made on day 2, again on our departure but absolutely nothing was done; we are yet to hear anything from the hotel despite a promise we would when we left over 2 weeks ago. (Details were given to the receptionist, our comment card was handed directly to the manager, Mr Lehman).

I am sorry but the Betsy as beautiful as it is, was a real let down and disappointment regardless of the exaggerated prices. To that end we did not use the restaurant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
TheBetsyHotel, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear TeamGB717 ,

I was surprised to read your unusual review - in particular, the lack of responsiveness from me was most unusual. I do my best to reach out to so many of our Guests, both on Tripadvisor and directly - it is one of the best parts of my role here at the Betsy! I must apologize if somehow, in addition to your very atypical visit, but from your review it seems as though our entire Guest relationship program is not working. We will certainly look into that, and I welcome your contacting me at the hotel directly so that we can get to the bottom of what happened here!

Jeff Lehman
geneva
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I spent just one night at this charming, stylish and great looking hotel. The decor is just perfect, the ambiance buzzing but relaxing at the same time, the restaurant is exceptional but best of all are the staff who are friendly but authentic, helpful but discreet and just good fun to chat to as well. Ocean Drive is nuts (in a good way) but coming back to the Betsy feels like coming home at the end of a hectic day of work, shopping or sightseeing. I will make a point of coming back soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Katwinka,

Thank you for your visit, and for your review! Our staff are indeed the key to our success - we are genuinely concerned about our Guests' needs and I was happy to read that you felt that. We look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay next time!

Best regards,

Jeff Lehman

Been to The Betsy - South Beach? Share your experiences!