“Betsy Please recycle” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Arlington, VA
“Betsy Please recycle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I wish I could give this property an excellent but it is so distressing to learn when staying at a property that is right across from the ocean and they do not recycle. I asked numerous employees and was given the same response "NO"!!
We checked in early around 1pm our room was not ready immediately but after our visit with the concierge the room was ready. The concierge at this hotel fabulous. Margo very sweet. I found it best to ask the right questions and let them know what your looking for in a spa, restaurant or tour.
Front desk said room was an upgrade but seemed like a basic room when I looked at other rooms. This is a small boutique hotel. If your up by 8am they serve coffee in lobby which is much appreciate. Our room smelled a bit stale which is to be expected this close to the beach. I loved the string tote bag they had in the room, proved to be very useful when riding bikes around South Beach. Roof top deck lovely. There is a great bakery a block behind hotel we would get empanadas for lunch while sitting on beach doormen knows the name. This is a great spot if you want low key and causal elegance in South Beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Jeff L, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Arlington30,

Thank you for your visit and your review! Our garbage recycling (yet) is not for lack of trying - sadly, in this country it is made to be very difficult and very expensive to do so, and that can be a burden on a small hotel like the Betsy. We still do what we can to be as green as possible, and recycle most of our hard goods - used soaps, linens that need to be discarded, and that sort of thing, while constantly looking for new and innovative ways to preserve our wonderful environment. Florida in general is becoming more and more aware, as the ecological preservation of our Everglades and Ocean becomes more front and center news - but it takes time. We appreciate your support in this endeavor!

Jeff Lehman

1,305 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The rooms were a bit small but they made up for everything with the exceptional service. By far one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. We experienced a prompt and friendly check-in accompanied by complimentary mimosas. Beach access was fantastic (Jasmine was awesome) as was dinner at the BLT. They even allowed my wife and me to relax poolside with a bottle of wine until 2 a.m. even though the pool deck closed at 10. This beautiful boutique definitely deserves a 5-star rating and I attribute most of it to the staff. Well done guys.

Room Tip: You definitely want an ocean view, we were upgraded but had two full sized beds instead of a king w...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Imagine you have a bucket list, well you have to add this on your list... Our visit was AWESOME! We travelled for 8 hours to Miami and arrived at 10:30 am. The normal check-in time was in the afternoon, but the lady at the front desk (long dark hair) told us she would put a rush on our room. In the meantime, we left our bags at the hotel and went to eat at the french "Sandwicherie", which is in 14 between Washington and Collins, and by the way was delicious. Soon after, we received a call to let us know our room was ready AND we had been upgraded!

Room 105 was perfect! Pool view, in front of the fitness center, quiet, comfortable and very well decorated...Did I mention the TV in the mirror of bathroom? Loved it!

We stayed for 5 nights and entire staff was impressive; the front desk staff, the doormen, the security, the waiters, the cleaning lady, the bartender at the rooftop... even the little dog of one of the managers was nice!

My friends were staying at Lowe's and they were so jealous. On top of that, while having brunch we saw Paloma San Basilio (a famous Spanish singer, one of my mom's favorite's) and we took a picture with her :)

Last exquisite detail, I left some things, they were mailed to me the the very next day! Next time, I will of course stay here and my friends too! Only minor detail, we had a massage (150 $ each) and the ladies did not meet ANY of the minimal standards, so maybe first confirm the quality with the concierge or choose one of the dozens of spas close by.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed at the Betsy for a bachelorette weekend and it could not have been more enjoyable! The rooftop was beautiful, the rooms were SO comfortable, the beach was right across the street and the food was amazing! We were in a great location to restaurants and clubs, which meants a lot for a large group of girls. But above all else, the staff was the best part of the hotel. Albert helped me book my rooms for the weekend and checked in on me throughout my stay, he was such a joy to meet and work with! Emmanuel really took care of our group when we check in and made us feel completely stress-free. Even the bartender Kedar was great! He mixed the perfect drinks for the group!

The conceierge sent up complimentary bottles of wine and we had send-off mimosas and little massages before leaving for the airport.

I could not have asked for anything more out of the weekend!

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We only stayed there two nights but I won’t forget it. Every time I walked through the doors, I discovered something new. This old hotel has only a small number of rooms and is only 4 stories high. Every aspect is designed, from the baseboards to the ceiling fans, the lobby to the rooftop deck which incidentally was divine. It is ideally located, a few short blocks to the convention centre, the Lincoln Mall, the Wolfsonian and the Bass museums. Walking distance also to two great restaurants – the Yardbird (best fried chicken biscuit ever!) and Ola which is first class in every respect. Paul the Concierge will help you with anything and you can bathe in the quiet courtyard pool or head across Ocean Avenue to the beach where the staff there will set you up with a chair and anything else you might want. While reasonably priced, for a 4-Star, it was elegant, peaceful yet a hub of activity, and an aesthetic delight. So we spent quite a bit of time on memory lane taking in the photo exhibit that lines the lobby and the winding staircases - the Beatles and the Rolling Stones back in the 60’s….and reading the magazines and poetry anthology – all found in our in room library.

Room Tip: Make sure you check out every space - the cool bar downstairs, the stairwells, the art, the books, a...
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I cannot say enough about this hotel. I absolutely loved my stay! The staff were so hospitable and kind!!! They went out of their way to make my group trip with my girlfriends SO amazing! Albert and Emmanuel were so accommodating and thoughtful- they truly made our stay a memorable one! We received a complimentary bottle of wine in each of our rooms along with lovely welcoming notes- such a nice touch! Again, I couldn't say it enough- I had an amazing stay at The Betsy!

...And get the breakfast- AMAZING.

Sevenoaks
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed one night whilst visiting Miami. The ambience of the place is lovely the roof top bar amazing and the breakfast great. The rooms are lovely but small although they are very tastefully done (they should be for the price!) To be honest we had a lovely stay and the position on South Beach is great and you have sun beds on the beach (although you pay an extra resort fee for this) but there is a part of me thinks you can stay at South Beach for less money with just as good facilities we have done in the past. The pool was average at best. We had dinner in the restaurant which was once again nice but not the best meal and cost $230 for 2 certainly overpriced but once again the ambience and position was good. The Breakfast was definitely worth it and I would recommend this even if you are not staying there. Overall I would recommend The Betsy it is a high end hotel and the prices reflect this. Although the staff were polite I wouldn't say they weren't overly friendly or helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
TheBetsyHotel, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Jan C,

Thank you for your recent visit and your great review. It is always good to hear of our Guests having a wonderful time, and taking advantage of most of what we have to offer - from the Roof Deck Spa, to BLT Steak, our culinary partner and all points in between! We look forward to your next visit!

Jeff Lehman

Been to The Betsy - South Beach? Share your experiences!