We've just returned to the UK after a week long stay at The Betsy. Overall our experience was great, everything we wanted in a relaxing holiday at a top class hotel and we've tried others in Miami in previous years. Highlights are the staff who are warm, welcoming, polite and friendly. We felt that our business was important to the hotel, not just another corporate guest or weekender passing through.
Our room was a second floor poolside suite. Very comfortable, quiet, well equipped and always immaculately serviced. On balanced, I think I would have preferred an ocean view, perhaps not as quiet but more to see.
We dined once in the restaurant in the evening. Food was very competent and reliable, service excellent. But for us it lacked a little imagination and relied heavily on its well sourced large protein dishes of steak and fish. Not much finesse but very well executed. Lunches were much more pleasurable with the sushi being top class, especially the coconut macadamia shrimp roll - delicious.
Staff and management are keen to ensure you are happy and well looked after. We could not fault their attention and the competence of all the staff.
If I could make a couple of constructive suggestions they would be:
- Make the bar much more lively and more of a destination point. With the exception of the chap from India, the bartenders were dull and lacking imagination. On our first night we were categorised as Brits who would want a white wine and a G&T - far from it!
- include a note with turn down showing the following day's weather, restaurant specials, spa offers, recommended trips, cultural opportunities etc.
- get the staff to know longer stay guests' names and use them. A personal touch is always appreciated.
- don't let the Concierge over promise and under deliver.
The above might sound negative, it's not meant to be - far from it. Overall we had a great stay and would not hesitate to return to the Betsy and recommend it to friends and colleagues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Betsy is an elegant, historic landmark hotel located in the heart of South Beach. Relaxed tropical interiors and an intimate courtyard pool create an aura that is passionately low-key. Sharing The Betsy's lobby is BLT Steak, an iconic modern American steakhouse featuring a full Sushi & Raw Bar. Betsy's rooftop Deck is expansive with sweeping views of the Atlantic, offering a Wellness Garden with a full range of spa treatments and complimentary sunrise yoga. The 61 room property cocoons its guests in timeless luxury, while offering an incredible view of the beach, exquisite amenities, and a unique presence for art and culture that invites travelers to relax, refresh and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Jetsetter, Booking.com, Orbitz, Splendia, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, MrandMrsSmith, Priceline, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Betsy - South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Betsy Hotel Miami Beach