“location,location,location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Breda,
“location,location,location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

What more can you say about a place? well yes, large clean beautifully appointed rooms. Great bathrooms, stunning roof top deck for relaxing and enjoying the sun or having a drink.
the service was very friendly.
The pool area was an inner court yard so not so much sun, but with the beach across the road who needs a pool?
BLT was FABULOUS food and wonderful service.
A slight down side was we had booked a package with inclusions and I had to keep asking about the various things that were supposed to be included (welcome drink etc.) and so it made me feel a bit "cheap"
A lovely south beach treat for people that wish a more intimate hotel

Room Tip: we could hear a couple of kids running in the room above - request top floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank BelliBoop
TheBetsyHotel, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear BelliBoop,

Thank you for your review - we are indeed fortunate to have the best location on the quiet end of Ocean Drive- one of South Beach's best kept secrets. I'm sorry that we didn't execute all of the details of your package as well as I would like - please let me add those items in to your next visit, booked direct with the hotel, and see if we can't have a more seemless experience. Some of our packages are a bit elaborate...but they certainly should add a special dimension to your stay. I look forward to hearing from you about your next visit!

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I travel quite a bit for business and leisure and I must say that this was the best experience I have ever had. I know I should, but I rarely leave reviews after I travel, bit I had to this time because this was THE BEST experience I have ever had at a hotel. I wanted to get away for the weekend, yet stay at place that was not too large where the crowds take over the hotel and it was not too small where it would be boring. Upon arriving the Concierge Paul was nothing less than amazing!!!! I didn't know which room I wanted to stay in, so he kindly gave me a personal tour of the entire hotel and showed me each of the rooms. NEVER has a concierge offered a personal tour...Not at the Penninsula, Mandarin, Ritz, Four Seasons or anyplace on the beach!! I was starving upon arrival so I had a bite to eat at BLT. .I always heard that it was "the best steak in Miami Beach", but it lived up to all expectations. It's far better than Prime 112 or STK ..without the craziness. While I was having a bite to eat Paul, the concierge had arranged for a bottle of champagne to be waiting on ice for me when I got back to the room. I was shocked that the hotel would do this for me out of the blue. He said that he took care of it because he heard that I had a long stressful day when I was venting to the front desk. mentioned it to the Word's can't describe how wonderful of a gesture this was dealing with a travel nightmare in getting to Miami. AMAZING. I don't know how to explain this hotel...It has the feel of a bungalow with the lobby & restaurant of a NY hot spot. The room was beautiful and I raided the mini bar which was stocked with my favorite Dylans Candy. The beach is directly across the street and it's within walking distance to everywhere on the beach. For me I care about two main things when I am staying at a hotel...#1 The room has to be beautiful & ultra clean...This was a 10. #2 QUALITY service (which is IMPOSSIBLE get in Miami). Everyone at the hotel was extremely friendly, and I felt that I was staying in someone's personal home. It's just nice being called by your first name, and being treated with so much care. I would definitely come back...Thank you!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank John A
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stopped for one night only at the Betsy on a stopover in Miami but honestly would have liked to have stayed there for another few days. The staff were all extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble - due to our early departure time (pre-breakfast service) the staff arranged for a fruit plate and coffee to be sent to our room that morning which was perfect. The roof deck bar was a lovely pre-dinner drinks option and the consierge had been in touch a couple of weeks before to make our dinner reservations for us that evening. All nio all a very pleasant experience, a lovely hotel and would definitely stay again for longer next time

5 Thank holsrock
Dear Holsrock,

Thank you for your review - we are ready for your longer visit as soon as you are! London is really just one stop away from Miami Beach now, so maybe a summer getaway is in order! We have some amazing Early Booking options out there already...

West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We were offered an alternative room with a sea view but it was a lot smaller than the room we had booked, so stuck it out for the larger suite. Room very clean, nicely presented, can't fault the room at all or staff. Decided to dine at the hotel BLT restaurant that evening. The service was excellent, staff very pleasant, but a bit dissapointed with the meal that we ordered for the price we paid. In the morning we returned to the restaurant for our inclusive 'continental' breakfast. We were handed a very limited menu and only allowed to select three items which were very basic and not substantial and service very slow. Looking at other tables if you paid for a breakfast you appeared to get much better service and portions. , guests and staff, is an issue as mentioned by others, but a good excuse to use the stairs if you can.

• 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Carl T
Dear Carl T.,

Thank you for your visit earlier this month, and for taking the time to write your review. I was happy to read that the hotel met your expectations, and equally sorry to read that your BLT Steak experience was not up to expectation. We are currently working with Laurent Tourendel to create a more "Betsy appropriate" experience for the breakfast that is included with some of our room packages. You will surely see that on your next visit, which I am happy to reserve for you personally - hopefully over a weekend where you can indulge in our one of a kind Weekend Brunch!

Until then,

Laguna Niguel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Spent a few nights at the Betsy and it was great. The rooms are very nicely appointed, the bathrooms are very modern and the location is perfect for a weekend retreat in the SouthBeach restaurant/bar/club area.

Room Tip: I stayed in a corner suite which was "fantastic"!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank rrredford
TheBetsyHotel, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear rrredford,

Thank you for your recent visit, and your review. Fantastic is a big word for a person as well travelled as you are - I appreciate that accolade and we look forward to being your Miami Beach host in the future!

Hambon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed here for four nights as part of our honeymoon trip to Florida. Overall, this is a chic boutique hotel and the reality matches up to the descriptions and photos on the website. The lobby and bar areas are very calm and stylish and the staff are incredibly hospitable and helpful. Rooms are small, but not excessively so and certainly more than adequate by European standards and are clean and very stylishly appointed.

The location is at the 'right' end of Ocean Drive away from the nosier bars and clubs and tucked away from the tourist traps. Turn left out of the hotel and you are at the beach bars and famous hotels of South Beach and immediately behind the hotel, you are on the shopping streets of Washington and Lincoln. All in all it's a great location which offers the best of all worlds, however, it does lack the South Beach vibe and pool scene of some of the better known hotels such as the Delano or the W. The pool here, though nice, is essentially a small courtyard with no views and no music/scene to speak of so those looking for that vibe would be better off elsewhere.

Other criticisms are that, during a four night stay, the rooftop bar was closed for private functions for two - a shame that residents are denied access to such a key feature. Also, we dined one evening at the much vaunted BLT restaurant and found it to be somewhat over-hyped and very over-priced. They food and service were very good, but steak and chips is steak and chips and at $250 for two with no starters (or puddings) and half a bottle of wine, it's hard not to feel a little mugged. The same meal in any major city like London, New York or Paris would have cost half as much, but then again you don't come to Miami for a bargain.

All in all, this a proper boutique hotel with an intimate feel and excellent customer service and stylish surroundings. It's easily the best on Ocean Drive, but perhaps lacks some of the pool/beach side amenities that other South Beach hotels offer.

Room Tip: The lift is very small and very, very slow, so lower level rooms to be recommended.
1 Thank Hambon
Dear Hambon,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. You certainly do know South Beach - the Betsy prides itself on being more about comfort and kindness than a sexy scene, as you point out. There is something for everyone here - but at the Betsy, peace and solitude, and a place to have a good conversation about things that matter, come first. As you point out, though, step outside the front door and everything that is South Beach awaits....

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed for one night before heading back to London. We arrived before the official check-in time but were kept informed and the room made ready as quick as possible. We were offered an alternative room with a sea view but it was a lot smaller than the room we had booked, so stuck it out for the larger suite. Room very clean, nicely presented, can't fault the room at all or staff.

The one, compact and very slow elevator serving this hotel, guests and staff, is an issue as mentioned by others, but a good excuse to use the stairs if you can.

Overall, pleasant stay but would not eat at the restaurant again!

Room Tip: We had room 318, no sea view but really nice sized room.
1 Thank Bobby416
Dear Bobby416,

Thank you for your visit with us, and for taking the time to write your review of your brief stay. I am happy that the hotel measured up to your expectations, and we hope to see you back one day for a longer visit. As BLT was not a positive experience for you, there are many options locally for some great dining, we would be happy to share those with you on your next trip. We look forward to ahving that opportunity one day!

SIncerely,