“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Recently spent 3 days at Betsy's,with a couple of friends as part a our US holiday. What a superb hotel full of great staff, loved the atmosphere, the food and the location.
We are already looking forward to the next time.
Stuart & Sheila Littlewood Manchester UK

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Jeff L, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Mr. and Mrs. L.,

Thank yo for your comments - we are glad you had a wonderful stay. Be sure to reach out to us directly for your next visit - we like to to take special, personal care of our repeat visitors "the traditional way!"

Warm regards,

1,302 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lavenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed at the Betsy with our 3 children recently and we had a fabulous time. Our children ranging from 5 - 17 loved it. We had two peaceful rooms overlooking the pool. Although they were small, especially for the children, they were beautifully and thoughtfully decorated. It didn't bother me that the rooms were on the small side because the Betsy is classed as a 'Boutique Hotel' and all boutique hotels in my experience have small bedrooms. I was expecting it.
The staff are courteous and helpful, young and vibey. The concierge arranged haircuts and other mundane kiddie stuff that you need to get done abroad because there's no time when you get home. So I can safely say they know their stuff.
The beach is across the road and just a short walk across the esplanade. Shops and restaurants are close by.
The restaurant in the hotel, BLT, is very good. Definitely worth trying.
The only downer is if you decide not to have the continental breakfast and go for a cooked breakfast or a bowl of Cheerios instead. You'll end up paying for the most expensive bowl of cereal you've ever had.

Room Tip: We found the rooms facing the pool quiet and peaceful.
Dear erasmus45z,

Thank you for your visit and your review! I'm happy to hear that you had a great time, and were able to get some things done in Miami Beach to make your return home easier. We really DO have everything in a very walkable environment here. Yes, BLT at breakfast can be a bit pricey, but we like to think it was the best, friendliest, most scenic bowl of cereal you can find anywhere! We hope to see you again!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Thank you for everything you managed to do for us during our stay this month Margot at the Betsy.The champagne in our room and the chocolates were amazing, your service was first class. Kevin in the reception and all the staff at BLT absolute fantastic !!!! All aspects of the stay could not be faulted every little thing your staff did we found it very helpful. WE would gladly come back and stay at the Betsy without a doubt, the roof top is a must very romantic and the service fab.

Room Tip: The top floor rooms are the best very quiet away from the road traffic
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul C,

I was happy to read your review - as you mentioned our concierge Margot, and the incredible Roof Deck, and Kevin at reception, I know you experienced some of the best of the Betsy! Perhaps next trip, you can time your visit and experience one of our poetry readings, Salon music, or a special event in BLT Steak! We look forward to being your home in Miami Beach!

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

A fabulous small hotel with lovely rooms in a perfect location central to South Beach. There is a short walk to the beautiful beach across the street. The hotel restaurant BLT was so great we ate there most of the time, always outside on front porch (even in the rain) or on the rooftop overlooking the ocean. Both the hotel and restaurant had very friendly and professional staff. All the concierges were extra helpful. We are ready to go back anytime.

Room Tip: We were on the inside overlooking the pool- very quiet. Back rooms look on an alley and may have ga...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Patsy T.,

Thank you for your 5 star review! I am so happy that you had a great time. We strive to go above and beyond, whenever we can. As you are ready to come back - we are ready to have you! Our repeat guests always get very special treatment - be sure to let us know that you are now "in the family", and we will do our utmost to make your return even more memorable!

Warm regards,

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed in this beautiful boutique hotel for 3 nights and I wish we had more time! The hotel is a colonial style building right in front of the beach and close to just anything! All the best places to shop and eat are around the corner.
We were upgraded to a suite and we really enjoyed this experience. The stuff was super friendly and helpful besides some people at the restaurant during our breakfast that were rather uninterested. That was maybe the only drawback that we found.
I definitely advise this AMAZING hotel experience to anyone wishing to stay in Miami Beach and if we are back again one day I will look no further than the BETSY!
Thank you again for this enjoyable stay!

Dear EVG157,

Thank you for the kudos - we think the Betsy is pretty special, too! Almost half of our rooms are suites, so there is a fair amount of upgrading going on - especially for our repeat Guests! Just confirm that we know you have stayed with us when making your next booking - we will always make your stay as memorable as this one was!

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I were due to stay at The Betsy for our honeymoon this week. Unfortunately I sustained a back injury due to a fall from a height which left me unfit to travel.
I felt I had to write this review based on the experience we have had from The Betsy, even though we didn't actually make it out there!
As soon as I sustained my injury we emailed them to ask for possible assistance etc. they replied swiftly offering help where possible. Sadly, we had to make the decision not to travel and postpone our honeymoon. Again, the staff at The Betsy went above and beyond duty to assist us and rearrange our booking for April.

Proper review to follow in April though I did want to flag up how thorough, efficient and flexible The Betsy have been in helping us through our saga!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
TheBetsyHotel, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Tourist13 UK,

Not your average review, and we try to be not your average hotel. We are in the people business, the life business really. My staff and I respect that planing and traveling is not easy these days, and always do our utmost to accomodate the process. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Laurelville, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This was the number one rated hotel on TripAdvisor for South Beach when I made the reservation and so I decided to stay there and did not do my home work. We stayed at the hotel for 5 nights in October 2012. It is a beautiful hotel on the outside and lobby and the room was nice and adequate, but not lavish for the price. I was disappointed that the hotel is not on the beach and you have to walk a couple hundred of yards to get there, and it is my fault for not understanding this prior to. The entire staff here was extremely friendly and helpful which makes the stay here enjoyable. The housekeeping at this hotel is very bazaar. After the first night, I had to let the front desk know each night as we left for dinner and have them clean our room while we were out. I do not understand this at all as we were gone from 9:30 am until 5:30 pm each day at the beach. My wife had a glass of wine in the room the first night and second night, and when we left both dirty glasses were still in the room. We had an ocean view room which you can barely see the ocean from due to palm trees and other obstructions in front of the beach. The ocean front room is next to the sidewalk and road so we had a lot of people noise and road noise all night. We could not open any of the windows in the room and after taking a shower, the bathroom was steaming hot as we could not open the window in there either. The BLT Steakhouse has good food, but not great and the service is extremely slow and the waiters almost act like they do not want you there. We ordered a breakfast yogurt , fruit, and croissants and it took over twenty minutes to get our food, they let my coffee run dry, and the cost was $76 before tip.

I have stayed in top hotels all over the USA and Europe and I think I would consider just an average hotel. It was not a bad experience, but it lacks the nuances for a best hotel rating.

Room Tip: If you choose the ocean view room, be prepared to deal with the noise and traffic from people and ca...
Dear RAMLaurelville_Ohio,

Thank you for your recent visit, and for your review. I regret that the Betsy did not meet your high expectations as we try so much to do with all of our Guests. Usually our service is efforless- seeming and anticipatory. It seems that was not the case during your stay. I would welcome an opprtunity to redeem ourselves, and have you experience the Betsy as most of our Guests do. Please reach out to me directly and I will personally see to it that your next visit is flawless.

Jeff Lehman

Been to The Betsy - South Beach? Share your experiences!