“MIAMI NICE” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Ashford, United Kingdom
“MIAMI NICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

First visit to Miami beach, we will be back, the Betsy was a holiday within our main holiday in Orlando, what a superb hotel, fantastic staff, Adman who checked us in, is a top man, as were all other staff, special mention to the cleaners, well done mam. Hotel facilites superb, certainliy the hype is true, go see for yourself, Great loaction across from the beach, great service and room delighful, great restaurant. Situated in great spot on Ocean Drive, my adult kids loved it, a perfect trip, will be talking about this visit for years.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This hotel is too famous for its own good. Our stay was supposed to be the highlight of our trip, but instead we were sadly disappointed. Our room was not ready when we came and we got no call, as promised, telling us when it was ready. The room was supposed to be with an ocean view, but at best you could get a glimpse of the ocean. It was also very noisy at night. On top of this, the staff in the reastaurant were the least service minded I have ever encountered in the US. At dinner, when I ordered a glass of wine, I didn't get to taste it nor did anyone explain to me what I was drinking. At breakfast, no one informed us that certain things were included in the price (the not very generous offer of two items, such as a muffin and a bowl of fruit) but that other things could be ordered. Finally, my visit to the spa ended in disaster (avoid doing your nails there), but they were kind enough not to charge me when I complained. I still believe that this hotel could be a nice experience, but that requires a change of attitude among the staff!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
TheBetsyHotel, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Ann Britt 10,

I was so sorry to read your comments about your stay. So many of our Guests comment positively on our staff, our service, and our ratings on our roof top spa are also top notch. I regret that the Betsy did not meet your expectations. We make every effort to not only provide the best, but to deeply analyze the situation on the rare occasion where one feels we have come up short. We will do that with your stay, and I sincerely appreciate your comments. Your comment card, which was received only yesterday, was also slated for a direct response from our Director of Operations. Hopefully there, we will be able to get to the bottom of this very unusal experience, and hopefully bring you back and make you a customer for life!

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel. It has grace and elegance, lovely appointments (loved the toiletries), and the location was perfect. We travelled in January in the middle of the Art Deco festival, and there was live jazz in the bar area every night - fantastic. We only stayed 2 nights - I made the mistake of succumbing to family pressure to cut short our stay in order to do the Disney thing. I so wish I'd stayed in South Beach.

Make sure you get a steak at BLT - they are fantastic.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The Betsy is not only very well located within a walking distance of many great places in SoBe but also provides the kind of experienc when I travel . It is not too big and feels like home. The staff is great. My main concern was about noise and I was very happy to discover that my room was totaly calm. I only regret that I did not try the spa that is located on the deck. I also liked the option to have the beach or lounge on the terasse. I will definitaly come back for my next stay.

Room Tip: My room 232 was very quiet overlooking the swimming pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Boca Raton, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

really enjoyed our stay at this quaint, charming hotel. This is a true South Beach boutique hotel, not an old dump that needs major work, but still calls itself a "boutique".. The service was exceptional. The room, while not real big (didn't expect that anyway), was very clean and comfortable. The hotel has its own beach service (chairs, towels, etc) which is nice and there is a small pool as well. The restaurant, BLT Steak, was great for both dinner and breakfast.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
TheBetsyHotel, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Dear Jeff,

We are always happy to read reviews like yours. Summer is often about "local Floridians" coming to South Beach for the high energy that exists here year - round...glad you could make it down. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

West Palm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My wife and I needed a hotel in Miami. We were on our ways to the keys and needed a hotel for one night. We tried the Betsy for the frist time and now we're hooked. Everyone at the hotel made our experience truely special. We've found our new hotel in South Beach.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Roy,

Miami is still the crossroads of the world, and in the summer becomes the crossroads of Florida! So many enjoy a night or two here enroute tot he Keys, or a cruise, or beyond. Glad we could get you "hooked for life" on the Betsy!

Best regards,

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I travel as often a my bank account allows. I hope to show my daughter as many places as I can, have her experience the country specifically city vibes than our home city. This latest experience was all her idea. Having always wanting see Miami Beach, we chose The Betsy. My correspondence with the staff was prompt professional and all they mentioned was delivered. The hotel itself is located on the strip, close enough to the "scene" and shopping yet far enough to remain quiet. All within walking distance. The ambience of the hotel is warm and inviting. The rooms are comfortable and relaxing. Most notable is the staff, from the moment we arrived until we left we were welcomed and made to feel comfortable. The staff is truly its gem. The experience of this unique beach city was fun and made better with the comfort of The Betsy hotel and the staff that makes it all happen! For that, I thank you all!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Michael,

It was great having you here! Your daughter should be commended for her excellent travel ideas. I'm happy that we could make your getaway special. We can be your summer tradition for many years to come!

Best regars,

Jeff Lehman

Been to The Betsy - South Beach? Share your experiences!