“Our home away from home - if we were royalty...” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
NEW Breakfast with Betsy
Ranked #5 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Montclair, New Jersey
“Our home away from home - if we were royalty...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The staff and accommodations at the Betsy Hotel where stellar, esp. Ed Ponder, the Director of Guest Services. Everything was top notch! As an interior designer, I loved the decor - the lobby, the restaurant, even the bathrooms are fabulous. And the food at BLT was magnificent. We loved that the location is on Ocean Drive in the middle of all the action but removed enough for quiet evenings at the bar. The Betsy is our new "home" in South Beach.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We recently attended this hotel for five days to celebrate my friend's 40th birthday. We were a party of five girls and definitely felt safe and spoiled. All of the staff make you feel welcome and most know your name. As a boutique hotel, you do not feel like just another guest but are made to feel special and treated very well.

We had the pool almost completely to ourselves when we used it. The gym is clean and bright and was not busy. It is well stocked with water and towels and even has apples to much on when you are done. Remember your headphones to use on the cardio equipment televisions.

We spent many early mornings and late nights sitting on the porch people watching. The valet service was great so you do not have to worry about parking. Fernando and Jose were a lot of fun! Roberto and Christopher were very nice and attentive and made sure you got your luggage to your room or to your cab.

The hotel offers a concierge service which is very helpful. Paul Dreqc was WONDERFUL!!! He worked hard to make sure that we went to places which were not "meet markets" but were places where we would be able to have really really nice meals and dance until the wee hours of the morning. He also sent along champagne for us. My friend whose birthday it actually was arrived to a nice bottle of champagne and a special dessert in her room.

If I had one complaint, it would be the service in the restaurant and the bar was a bit slow. But we were on vacation without our children so we were not in a hurry. A fantastic time was had by all of us.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear Engowland,

Safe and Spoiled - I like that! Thank you for your comments, and especially for recognizing Paul on our Concierge team and our Bellmen and Valet. I'm happy that you had a good time with us - we really try to create an environment where the staff enjoy working - and as you can see, it shows. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Jeff Lehman
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The Betsy reminded me of old Hollywood. I went to South Beach to celebrate my 40th with my girlfriends and the Betsy certainly made it memorable. I was greeted in my hotel room with a bottle of sparkling wine and a dessert with a lovely card from Margot, the conceirge, wishing me a Happy Birthday. Paul, the other conceirge, was very helpful in planning fantastic dinner arrangements where my party was always treated incredibly and my birthday was never fogotten at any of the venues Paul sent us to. The service at the Betsy was relaxed and very friendly. Adam, Ever, Roberto, Christopher were always smiling, warm and helpful. I would definately recommend a stay here. It was close enough to attractions and night life to walk but far enough that you didnt have to worry about be kept up all night with noise. The beach was right across the street and Starbucks was a stone throw away. Incredible experience. I would definately go back!

Florham Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The Staff were very professional.The Hotel very clean and updated.Resturant excellent!!!!.Massage was great

San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I came here for one night to celebrate my bachelorette party and had a double bed room. I asked for an upgrade and they were't sure if it would be available. However when we arrived Nicky at the front desk was kind enough to upgrade us to the best suite in the hotel!!! It was incredible. The service was personalized and prompt. The room was clean, modern and the beds comfortable. The hotel also gave us two bottles of champagne to celebrate! We had the continental breakfast and also lunch which were both great. Can't wait to come back again

Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

The Betsy Hotel was our honeymoon's first and best place, the following big name big hotels in Orlando and New York cannot be even mentioned in one day with the Betsy hotel, it was so much more better then them. We highly recommend it to every visitor, the kindness of the staff, the beautiful rooms, the wiew from the rooftop, the comfortable bed and every other thing... Everything was just perfect.

Dear Imre,

Thank you for your review of the Betsy! Honeymoons are our specialty - it is just such a romantic setting: The Roof Deck under the stars on a moonlit night with Miami Beach spread in front of you. Next visit (for your anniverary!) be sure to try the Massage Under the Stars at our Rooftop Spa - a couple's massage is such a great way to end (or start) the evening!

Best Wishes,

Jeff Lehman
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I won this trip so I took advantage of this site to read other's reviews. The concierge contacted me via email prior to arriving and asked what she could help me with before arriving. I responded via email with my concerns (as written by other reviewers) and asked that they be addressed prior to our arrival. Unfortunately, the concierge did not respond prior to our arrival, so I printed out my email and took it with me.

Upon check-in, I addressed this issue immediately with the front desk clerk. He asked to see the email that I brought along with me and he took the time to read it, address all of my concerns, and offered to change my room to an oceanfront view at no extra charge to me. Now, thats what I call great customer service!

The room was modern, beautiful, clean, comfortable, with a fabulous view of the ocean. It is within walking distance of many restaurants, too. We chose to dine at their restaurant, BLT Steak. I cannot say enough about the excellent service and fabulous meal. Our waiter, Eli, was very polite, attentive, and knowlegeable of the menu. By far, I ate the best filet I have ever eaten.

The valets were equally hospitable and seemed genuinely happy to see you and assist you with your luggage and car. The valet, Christopher, who brought our luggage to our room even went as far as to tell us of the many amenities the hotel offered and suggested that we visit the rooftop lounge area. We did, and it was amazing with its view of the ocean and relaxing sofas.

My lesson learned...and my advice to all travelers - check the reviews posted here on any hotel you choose to stay at, then address those concerns, in writing, to the hotel prior to arriving. I am sure that they will want to give you the best experience they can if they are aware of your concerns prior to arrival.

Room Tip: Request an ocean view room. If not, you will get a room that faces the delivery alley's and be a...