“Fantastic 40th” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Toronto
“Fantastic 40th”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The Betsy reminded me of old Hollywood. I went to South Beach to celebrate my 40th with my girlfriends and the Betsy certainly made it memorable. I was greeted in my hotel room with a bottle of sparkling wine and a dessert with a lovely card from Margot, the conceirge, wishing me a Happy Birthday. Paul, the other conceirge, was very helpful in planning fantastic dinner arrangements where my party was always treated incredibly and my birthday was never fogotten at any of the venues Paul sent us to. The service at the Betsy was relaxed and very friendly. Adam, Ever, Roberto, Christopher were always smiling, warm and helpful. I would definately recommend a stay here. It was close enough to attractions and night life to walk but far enough that you didnt have to worry about be kept up all night with noise. The beach was right across the street and Starbucks was a stone throw away. Incredible experience. I would definately go back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

1,307 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Florham Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The Staff were very professional.The Hotel very clean and updated.Resturant excellent!!!!.Massage was great

San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I came here for one night to celebrate my bachelorette party and had a double bed room. I asked for an upgrade and they were't sure if it would be available. However when we arrived Nicky at the front desk was kind enough to upgrade us to the best suite in the hotel!!! It was incredible. The service was personalized and prompt. The room was clean, modern and the beds comfortable. The hotel also gave us two bottles of champagne to celebrate! We had the continental breakfast and also lunch which were both great. Can't wait to come back again

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

The Betsy Hotel was our honeymoon's first and best place, the following big name big hotels in Orlando and New York cannot be even mentioned in one day with the Betsy hotel, it was so much more better then them. We highly recommend it to every visitor, the kindness of the staff, the beautiful rooms, the wiew from the rooftop, the comfortable bed and every other thing... Everything was just perfect.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear Imre,

Thank you for your review of the Betsy! Honeymoons are our specialty - it is just such a romantic setting: The Roof Deck under the stars on a moonlit night with Miami Beach spread in front of you. Next visit (for your anniverary!) be sure to try the Massage Under the Stars at our Rooftop Spa - a couple's massage is such a great way to end (or start) the evening!

Best Wishes,

Jeff Lehman
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I won this trip so I took advantage of this site to read other's reviews. The concierge contacted me via email prior to arriving and asked what she could help me with before arriving. I responded via email with my concerns (as written by other reviewers) and asked that they be addressed prior to our arrival. Unfortunately, the concierge did not respond prior to our arrival, so I printed out my email and took it with me.

Upon check-in, I addressed this issue immediately with the front desk clerk. He asked to see the email that I brought along with me and he took the time to read it, address all of my concerns, and offered to change my room to an oceanfront view at no extra charge to me. Now, thats what I call great customer service!

The room was modern, beautiful, clean, comfortable, with a fabulous view of the ocean. It is within walking distance of many restaurants, too. We chose to dine at their restaurant, BLT Steak. I cannot say enough about the excellent service and fabulous meal. Our waiter, Eli, was very polite, attentive, and knowlegeable of the menu. By far, I ate the best filet I have ever eaten.

The valets were equally hospitable and seemed genuinely happy to see you and assist you with your luggage and car. The valet, Christopher, who brought our luggage to our room even went as far as to tell us of the many amenities the hotel offered and suggested that we visit the rooftop lounge area. We did, and it was amazing with its view of the ocean and relaxing sofas.

My lesson learned...and my advice to all travelers - check the reviews posted here on any hotel you choose to stay at, then address those concerns, in writing, to the hotel prior to arriving. I am sure that they will want to give you the best experience they can if they are aware of your concerns prior to arrival.

Room Tip: Request an ocean view room. If not, you will get a room that faces the delivery alley's and be a...
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

It's a great hotel right across from the beach, they make you feel very welcome. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Hannover, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Very sweet boutique hotel at Ocean Drive with the beach right accross the steet. Pefect setting and location in the center of south beach with everything in walking distance. The walet parking service is great, but not cheap ( but as everywere in Miami Beach).Traveling as a family with 3, we had a 1-bedroom suite which was great for us at a good rate, however the sofa-bed was ok, but not brilliant. Amazing great staff everywere in the hotel, wonderfull, very helpful, very friendly. Great athmosphere in the hotel, that makes you very much feel at home. We would definetely come back to this hotel next time in Miami beach.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Betsy - South Beach? Share your experiences!