“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
Florham Park, New Jersey
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The Staff were very professional.The Hotel very clean and updated.Resturant excellent!!!!.Massage was great

1,350 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I came here for one night to celebrate my bachelorette party and had a double bed room. I asked for an upgrade and they were't sure if it would be available. However when we arrived Nicky at the front desk was kind enough to upgrade us to the best suite in the hotel!!! It was incredible. The service was personalized and prompt. The room was clean, modern and the beds comfortable. The hotel also gave us two bottles of champagne to celebrate! We had the continental breakfast and also lunch which were both great. Can't wait to come back again

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

The Betsy Hotel was our honeymoon's first and best place, the following big name big hotels in Orlando and New York cannot be even mentioned in one day with the Betsy hotel, it was so much more better then them. We highly recommend it to every visitor, the kindness of the staff, the beautiful rooms, the wiew from the rooftop, the comfortable bed and every other thing... Everything was just perfect.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear Imre,

Thank you for your review of the Betsy! Honeymoons are our specialty - it is just such a romantic setting: The Roof Deck under the stars on a moonlit night with Miami Beach spread in front of you. Next visit (for your anniverary!) be sure to try the Massage Under the Stars at our Rooftop Spa - a couple's massage is such a great way to end (or start) the evening!

Best Wishes,

Jeff Lehman
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I won this trip so I took advantage of this site to read other's reviews. The concierge contacted me via email prior to arriving and asked what she could help me with before arriving. I responded via email with my concerns (as written by other reviewers) and asked that they be addressed prior to our arrival. Unfortunately, the concierge did not respond prior to our arrival, so I printed out my email and took it with me.

Upon check-in, I addressed this issue immediately with the front desk clerk. He asked to see the email that I brought along with me and he took the time to read it, address all of my concerns, and offered to change my room to an oceanfront view at no extra charge to me. Now, thats what I call great customer service!

The room was modern, beautiful, clean, comfortable, with a fabulous view of the ocean. It is within walking distance of many restaurants, too. We chose to dine at their restaurant, BLT Steak. I cannot say enough about the excellent service and fabulous meal. Our waiter, Eli, was very polite, attentive, and knowlegeable of the menu. By far, I ate the best filet I have ever eaten.

The valets were equally hospitable and seemed genuinely happy to see you and assist you with your luggage and car. The valet, Christopher, who brought our luggage to our room even went as far as to tell us of the many amenities the hotel offered and suggested that we visit the rooftop lounge area. We did, and it was amazing with its view of the ocean and relaxing sofas.

My lesson learned...and my advice to all travelers - check the reviews posted here on any hotel you choose to stay at, then address those concerns, in writing, to the hotel prior to arriving. I am sure that they will want to give you the best experience they can if they are aware of your concerns prior to arrival.

Room Tip: Request an ocean view room. If not, you will get a room that faces the delivery alley's and be a...
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

It's a great hotel right across from the beach, they make you feel very welcome. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Hannover, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Very sweet boutique hotel at Ocean Drive with the beach right accross the steet. Pefect setting and location in the center of south beach with everything in walking distance. The walet parking service is great, but not cheap ( but as everywere in Miami Beach).Traveling as a family with 3, we had a 1-bedroom suite which was great for us at a good rate, however the sofa-bed was ok, but not brilliant. Amazing great staff everywere in the hotel, wonderfull, very helpful, very friendly. Great athmosphere in the hotel, that makes you very much feel at home. We would definetely come back to this hotel next time in Miami beach.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bristol, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Betsy Hotel for three nights at the end of May begin of June. If you are looking for a smaller boutique hotel then this is definately the nicest hotel I came across, in terms of high end and luxurious rooms, the staff are extremely helpful and attentive. Though like everything in Southbeach the hotel is not cheap, a glass of wine at the bar was $15 and you pay a resort fee on top of the price of the hotel.

The downside of this hotel is that although it is located in south beach I didn't find Ocean Drive to be particularly nice and the outlook from the hotel wasn't great, it overlooks the sidewalk, this I found quite disappointing. The only view from the beach I guess would be at the top floor of this hotel.

The room we were given was lovely but our only negative point was that the view from our window was of a narrow backstreet.

If you are looking for value for money then I'm afraid I felt this place did not deliver, although nice I have stayed in far nicer places for far less and wouldn't be in a rush to return to this part of Florida or this hotel.

We also stayed in the Edgewater Hotel about ten yards away for one night on our return journey and we both felt this offered much better value for money, the rooms were clean tidy, the resort fee included breakfast, staff just as friendly as in the Betsy but at a lower cost.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear CarolineMC,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Actually half of our rooms face our Courtyard Pool, with a quiet serene pool view - and of course, our Oceanfront Rooms and Suites are also quite nice and are only on our 2nd and third floors. Please let us know if you are coming back to South Beach, as our repeat Guests always have 1st priority with upgrades and we will see if we can't make you a lifetime Betsy fan!

Best regards,

Jeff Lehman

Been to The Betsy - South Beach? Share your experiences!