“the perfect place in Miami Beach” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #6 of 204 Hotels in Miami Beach
Hannover, Germany
“the perfect place in Miami Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Very sweet boutique hotel at Ocean Drive with the beach right accross the steet. Pefect setting and location in the center of south beach with everything in walking distance. The walet parking service is great, but not cheap ( but as everywere in Miami Beach).Traveling as a family with 3, we had a 1-bedroom suite which was great for us at a good rate, however the sofa-bed was ok, but not brilliant. Amazing great staff everywere in the hotel, wonderfull, very helpful, very friendly. Great athmosphere in the hotel, that makes you very much feel at home. We would definetely come back to this hotel next time in Miami beach.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bristol, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Betsy Hotel for three nights at the end of May begin of June. If you are looking for a smaller boutique hotel then this is definately the nicest hotel I came across, in terms of high end and luxurious rooms, the staff are extremely helpful and attentive. Though like everything in Southbeach the hotel is not cheap, a glass of wine at the bar was $15 and you pay a resort fee on top of the price of the hotel.

The downside of this hotel is that although it is located in south beach I didn't find Ocean Drive to be particularly nice and the outlook from the hotel wasn't great, it overlooks the sidewalk, this I found quite disappointing. The only view from the beach I guess would be at the top floor of this hotel.

The room we were given was lovely but our only negative point was that the view from our window was of a narrow backstreet.

If you are looking for value for money then I'm afraid I felt this place did not deliver, although nice I have stayed in far nicer places for far less and wouldn't be in a rush to return to this part of Florida or this hotel.

We also stayed in the Edgewater Hotel about ten yards away for one night on our return journey and we both felt this offered much better value for money, the rooms were clean tidy, the resort fee included breakfast, staff just as friendly as in the Betsy but at a lower cost.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear CarolineMC,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Actually half of our rooms face our Courtyard Pool, with a quiet serene pool view - and of course, our Oceanfront Rooms and Suites are also quite nice and are only on our 2nd and third floors. Please let us know if you are coming back to South Beach, as our repeat Guests always have 1st priority with upgrades and we will see if we can't make you a lifetime Betsy fan!

Best regards,

Jeff Lehman
Kent. Uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

This hotel was a great find,
Situated between the deco district and the high rise apartment and hotels. It quite location opposite the park and beach, near the shops and Starbucks!
We could walk anywhere or cycle (hire bikes opposite)
The hotel was small boutique, colonial in style, very helpfully staff.
We did not use the pool as sun loungers, umbrellas and towels were provided for the guests on the beach opposite which was quiet compared to the rest of the beach area.
The BLT Resturant was fantastic, don't bother ordering a starter, as giant popovers ( a cross between a yorkshire pud and a brioche) were given. steak very good. Never made it to desserts!!
The roof top terrace was great to have a drink and watch the sun go down.
I would definatly go again, I did my home work and did find a company that offered a good price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

This very charming hotel exceeded my expectations with the most accommodating and thoughtful staff. The Betsy has the expected historical South Beach architecture with a style that is casually elegant and tasteful. The location is perfect, situated right across the street from the beach. The staff was very attentive. They sent me a beautiful dessert for my birthday, provided me an umbrella for the rain, granted me a late check out; among other things. The rooms are comfortably chic and simple with all of the comforts necessary for a holiday, thoughtfully stocked mini bar and pantry, as well as wonderful toiletries. Lastly, I had a most memorable lunch a BLT Steak, located inside the hotel. Thank you to The Besty. I promise to return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Manama, Bahrain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I honestly had the best Miami South Beach experience thanks to The Betsy Hotel. The staff were extremely helpful and kind; the concierge service was impeccable. The hotel's location to the beach is more convenient then the larger hotels right on the beach. The Betsy have a beach service which helped us save on average $40 a day on the beach facilities.

The rooms were well air conditioned with lovely beds that were extremely comfortable. A lovely closet that could accommodate for 2 ladies that love dressing for every occasion. There was a TV in the bathroom which I love because I can catch up on the news while taking a shower or brushing my teeth. Free Wifi in your room and the lobby that was quiet helpful for someone who doesn't live in the states.

Their gym is small but it was perfectly fine for someone who just wants to do a bit of cardio and light weights. The gym provided the guests with free water and towels, which is extremely nice.

The only thing we found that was a bit disappointing was their continental breakfast. I believe they could have done a bit better. However, my over all experience was extremely positive, I would definitely go back to and stay at the same hotel if I ever go back to Miami.

Room Tip: The rooms are quiet nice so just ask for a sea view instead of a pool view room their pool isn't...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Linkoping, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Good stay, nice staff, clean and proper..

Right on Ocean Drive but 2 blocks away from the party people so clam, cool and relaxed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Betsy several times and keep coming back. Unbeatable location on Ocean Drive within walking distance from great food and bar scenes. Each time we have been the service has been great. The hotel is clean and makes you feel like you're in high society as soon as you walk in the doors. Would recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Betsy - South Beach? Share your experiences!