“Absolutely perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Paget Parish, Bermuda
“Absolutely perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I surprised my husband with 36 hours in South Beach for his 40th birthday and booked us into The Betsy upon a recommendation from a friend. I booked us in online and quickly received an email from Margot, one of the concierge's, welcoming us. I shared that the holiday was a quick and romantic one to celebrate a big birthday, and also that we have 2 small children and would appreciate a quiet room. Margot responded to me very quickly, assuring me that she would do what she could to accomodate us and also advised us that it was Memorial Day weekend (we are from Bermuda so I didn't know this) and to be aware of potential traffic issues. She was extremely friendly and welcoming - it was such a nice touch. Upon check-in the (lovely) receptionist informed us that we had been upgraded to a suite. Sweet! She was also extremely friendly and helpful as we tried to figure out what to do in South Beach during a major storm and even suggested that the weather might turn around (which it absolutely did!). We found our room to be towards the back of the hotel (likely in order to accomodate our request for a quiet room) but it had no view (looked onto a wall) and I felt it was a bit of a strange layout. I was nervous to ask for a room change as I so appreciated the upgrade and didn't want to seem ungrateful. I did go back downstairs and explained my thoughts and the receptionist and spa coordinator (I believe) were SO unbelievably understanding and accomodating and immediately moved us to an absolutely gorgeous, airy, perfect suite with a view of the beach. We were totally delighted. They also provided great lunch and dinner recommendations (which we took them up on). Dinner was at BLT in the hotel and the food was amazing, staff exceptional and ambiance very relaxing. As if we weren't happy enough, Ed the concierge, sent up a bottle of red wine and a slice of cake with a hand written birthday card for my husband. So lovely. We had lunch the next day on the rooftop terrace and had the most delicious mojitos made by Tim (I hope that's his name!). I should add that we sampled MANY mojitos along the beach and Tim's were by far the most delicious. In the morning the front desk called to ask us if we'd need transportation and arranged a taxi for us. The absolutely adorable bell boy (a student studying Business and working for the summer) walked us to the taxi due to road closure and waited until we were collected. He was so friendly, sweet and young - he was really lovely. All in all we were really really thrilled with the hotel for our very quick getaway. We will absolutely return, for much longer I hope, and I'm already planning it (in the form of a daydream in my imagination right now) but will make it a reality. Every staff that we encountered in this charming hotel certainly understands customer service. I would wholeheartedly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Rooms on the beach side are noisier because of South Beach revellers but the view was great. We hea...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeff L, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear Katherine,

What a wonderful review! Thank you for taking the time to tell us so many details about your experience. I truly believe that we have the best staff anywhere, people who are passionate about the comfort and security of our Guests. From the walk down the street with our bellman, to Ed's birthday cake and of course, Tim's famous Mojitos, we all have our part in the creation of your perfect time in South Beach. We are all driven to help you create fond memories like yours, to inspire you to come back again and again. Please contact us directly when you find yourself yearning for the beach, and the Betsy - either by phone or on our website - as we always have special offers for our repeat Guests to make your stay even more enjoyabale!

Warm regards,

1,318 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed at the Betsy from the 19th May for 6 nights, and what a good choice we made quiet end of Ocean Drive so no loud music late at night. The staff were marvellous helpful and happy, the service of the concierge staff were second to none. Our rooms were clean and tidy although they are quite small they are perfectly adequate it is not a new hotel so to be expected. Every night our bathroom was freshened and our bed turned down. It has a real feel good factor about it. On our last day it was the start of the Hip Hop festival so Ocean Drive is closed to all traffic but the staff were wonderful helping us find a cab to take us to the airport, I would thoroughly recommend this hotel but don't go there when it is the Hip Hop festival.
Rre

Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We have just come back from an amazing stay at the betsy! From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the hotel and it's staff we're attentive, helpful,friendly and courteous. We were part of a large party to see the Volvo Ocean Race on it's seventh leg in Miami and I must say our experience was superb from the fabulously clean room, with turn down service, to the HUGE breakfasts, you must try the French toast but be warned only if you share between two of you!! Nothing seemed too much trouble for any of the staff that we came into contact with and we would have no hesitation in recommending the Betsy to anyone who wants something just that little bit elegant and different to the normal hotel! Thanks for a great few days!

Room Tip: Room 231 was amazing, quite huge and spacious.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

The staff here are all amazing, especially the Reception and Concierge! It was our first stay and we received champagne for my Birthday and golf balls ready for our journey through to Naples, such a lovely, unexpected surprise! Amazing Suite with an ocean view, the food was exceptional, breakfast, brunch and dinner all served by attentive and helpful staff, thank you for an amazing start to our holiday!

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

We had a "girl power" trip - me, my girl-friend and my little 4lb female dog stayed at The Betsy Hotel for 2 nights in late May 2012. The staff are super nice to all three of us. They even remember my little dog's name the second time they meet her. Their service is exceptional!

The room is very clean and quiet. Large closet space is a bonus. The digital mirror (built-in TV) in the bathroom is cool.

The Deck on the roof top is so relaxing.

The location is great! Everything was within walking distance. It's right by the beach. Lots of dinning choices on Ocean Drive and so close to Lincoln Road and Collins Ave. We had a car but didn't need it at all!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
TheBetsyHotel, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear Jessica L.,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We are not just dog friendly, we are a bit dog passionate. Although we do not get a lot of travelers with dogs here in South Beach and at the Betsy, when we do, our proximity to Lummus Park across the street, our intimate setting, terrace dining at BLT for 3 meals a day, and quite honestly, the staff's passion for our canine friends is a welcome change. I personally bring one of my Chihuahuas to work every day, and understand the desire to have a loyal friend nearby. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Hillsboro, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

The hotel was located across from the ocean. The The staff cater to all of you needs. The bell hops (Michael) opens the doors and greet you with pleasantries and a smiles everyday. The housekeeping staff (Lorraine) turndown your beds every night. and keep your room smelling fresh every day. The concierges (Margot and Paul) go out their way to ensure that you have a great visit by helping you in your daily planning of events. The Director of Guest Services (Ed) is very pleasant and welcoming by confirming that all of your wants and needs are met by him and his staff in the most efficent manner. We told the director of guest services that my BFF was celebrating her birthday and he had a bottle of champagne and cake sent up to our room!!

Room Tip: Rooms were very quiet but small. The room with double beds are very comfortable but will not be a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
TheBetsyHotel, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear LinLuShe,
Thank you for your comments about the Betsy! As you have noticed, the secret is in the service. With an intimate total 61 suites and rooms, we do our best to make each Guest feel personally taken care of - and appreciate it when you notice! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Trois-Rivieres, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

Ok the place is well spotted. I felt when i got in my standard room at 400$ like Alice having had too much of the cake the room was too small for. Unfortunately i did not find the drink to get smaller!the concierge Paul is great but the staff at the door are dedicated to service they wont help you with taxi also the restaurant for breakfast is disappointing the Starbuck in front is way better.

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Nassua,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your stay. It is true that some of our rooms are not big - our historic hotel was originally built 70 years ago, and in our complete renovation a few years ago, many ( a third) of the rooms were doubled up and converted into suites - although some were not. While very comfortable, some are not very large Please reach out to me the next time your travels bring you to Miami Beach and I will see if we can upgrade you to one of our suites as part of our "Repeat Guest Program" - we always try to upgrade our loyal followers when we can!

Best regards,

Jeff Lehman

Been to The Betsy - South Beach? Share your experiences!