“Sophisticated & spacious!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Sophisticated & spacious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We have just come back from an amazing stay at the betsy! From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the hotel and it's staff we're attentive, helpful,friendly and courteous. We were part of a large party to see the Volvo Ocean Race on it's seventh leg in Miami and I must say our experience was superb from the fabulously clean room, with turn down service, to the HUGE breakfasts, you must try the French toast but be warned only if you share between two of you!! Nothing seemed too much trouble for any of the staff that we came into contact with and we would have no hesitation in recommending the Betsy to anyone who wants something just that little bit elegant and different to the normal hotel! Thanks for a great few days!

Room Tip: Room 231 was amazing, quite huge and spacious.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

The staff here are all amazing, especially the Reception and Concierge! It was our first stay and we received champagne for my Birthday and golf balls ready for our journey through to Naples, such a lovely, unexpected surprise! Amazing Suite with an ocean view, the food was exceptional, breakfast, brunch and dinner all served by attentive and helpful staff, thank you for an amazing start to our holiday!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

We had a "girl power" trip - me, my girl-friend and my little 4lb female dog stayed at The Betsy Hotel for 2 nights in late May 2012. The staff are super nice to all three of us. They even remember my little dog's name the second time they meet her. Their service is exceptional!

The room is very clean and quiet. Large closet space is a bonus. The digital mirror (built-in TV) in the bathroom is cool.

The Deck on the roof top is so relaxing.

The location is great! Everything was within walking distance. It's right by the beach. Lots of dinning choices on Ocean Drive and so close to Lincoln Road and Collins Ave. We had a car but didn't need it at all!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
TheBetsyHotel, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear Jessica L.,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We are not just dog friendly, we are a bit dog passionate. Although we do not get a lot of travelers with dogs here in South Beach and at the Betsy, when we do, our proximity to Lummus Park across the street, our intimate setting, terrace dining at BLT for 3 meals a day, and quite honestly, the staff's passion for our canine friends is a welcome change. I personally bring one of my Chihuahuas to work every day, and understand the desire to have a loyal friend nearby. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Hillsboro, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

The hotel was located across from the ocean. The The staff cater to all of you needs. The bell hops (Michael) opens the doors and greet you with pleasantries and a smiles everyday. The housekeeping staff (Lorraine) turndown your beds every night. and keep your room smelling fresh every day. The concierges (Margot and Paul) go out their way to ensure that you have a great visit by helping you in your daily planning of events. The Director of Guest Services (Ed) is very pleasant and welcoming by confirming that all of your wants and needs are met by him and his staff in the most efficent manner. We told the director of guest services that my BFF was celebrating her birthday and he had a bottle of champagne and cake sent up to our room!!

Room Tip: Rooms were very quiet but small. The room with double beds are very comfortable but will not be a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
TheBetsyHotel, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear LinLuShe,
Thank you for your comments about the Betsy! As you have noticed, the secret is in the service. With an intimate total 61 suites and rooms, we do our best to make each Guest feel personally taken care of - and appreciate it when you notice! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Trois-Rivieres, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

Ok the place is well spotted. I felt when i got in my standard room at 400$ like Alice having had too much of the cake the room was too small for. Unfortunately i did not find the drink to get smaller!the concierge Paul is great but the staff at the door are dedicated to service they wont help you with taxi also the restaurant for breakfast is disappointing the Starbuck in front is way better.

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Nassua,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your stay. It is true that some of our rooms are not big - our historic hotel was originally built 70 years ago, and in our complete renovation a few years ago, many ( a third) of the rooms were doubled up and converted into suites - although some were not. While very comfortable, some are not very large Please reach out to me the next time your travels bring you to Miami Beach and I will see if we can upgrade you to one of our suites as part of our "Repeat Guest Program" - we always try to upgrade our loyal followers when we can!

Best regards,

U.S.A. East Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

The hotel is located across from the ocean on the North end of South Beach. Service was exceptional and the restaurant was five star. The hotel porvides valet parking but you won't need your vehicle. Everything is within short walking distance.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel provides the best view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I recently stayed at the Betsy hotel in Miami. The room and the hotel were beautiful. The location and great and the staff were courteous. After checking in I informed the front desk that the room smelled of smoke and asked if there was anything that could be done. They apologized and said it would be taken care of immediately. After returning from the beach and then dinner, still nothing had been done. I checked out the next day remarking that the room smelled like smoke and that I’d asked something to be done. The staff apologized and removed a “resort fee” from my bill. Later that week I got mail from a hotel executive offering a free night next time I was in town and that “if I’d only said something” they could have taking care of the problem. It made me feel dumb since they clearly didn’t understand that I’d asked for something to be done twice.

Knowledge: The Betsy didn’t really ask how things were nor did they listen when I offered
Service: If you say you’re going to resolve something, follow through - it’s integrity.
Delivery: They didn’t fix the room and failed on delivery
Communications: The Betsy still doesn’t know what went wrong – they think it was my problem that I didn’t say anything. I won’t be going back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Dave,

I was sorry to read your review - the purpose of my letter was not to make you feel bad, but rather to admit that although we tried, we had not resolved your problem and as such was hoping for another opportunity for you to experience the Betsy as most do. Can i tell you how much I hate the smell of cigarettes? We have a special machine (called an O-Zone Machine) that [usually] removes that smell, and we thought we had succeeded, but obviously didn't. I feel bad about that, and do indeed hope that one day you will take us up on our offer of a free night on a return visit. You really deserve a stay that is memorable for the right reasons! I hope to hear from you.

Jeff Lehman

Been to The Betsy - South Beach? Share your experiences!