“South Beach Chic and Dog-friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
NEW Breakfast with Betsy
Ranked #4 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“South Beach Chic and Dog-friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

We had a "girl power" trip - me, my girl-friend and my little 4lb female dog stayed at The Betsy Hotel for 2 nights in late May 2012. The staff are super nice to all three of us. They even remember my little dog's name the second time they meet her. Their service is exceptional!

The room is very clean and quiet. Large closet space is a bonus. The digital mirror (built-in TV) in the bathroom is cool.

The Deck on the roof top is so relaxing.

The location is great! Everything was within walking distance. It's right by the beach. Lots of dinning choices on Ocean Drive and so close to Lincoln Road and Collins Ave. We had a car but didn't need it at all!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
TheBetsyHotel, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear Jessica L.,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We are not just dog friendly, we are a bit dog passionate. Although we do not get a lot of travelers with dogs here in South Beach and at the Betsy, when we do, our proximity to Lummus Park across the street, our intimate setting, terrace dining at BLT for 3 meals a day, and quite honestly, the staff's passion for our canine friends is a welcome change. I personally bring one of my Chihuahuas to work every day, and understand the desire to have a loyal friend nearby. We look forward to welcoming you back!

1,342 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hillsboro, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

The hotel was located across from the ocean. The The staff cater to all of you needs. The bell hops (Michael) opens the doors and greet you with pleasantries and a smiles everyday. The housekeeping staff (Lorraine) turndown your beds every night. and keep your room smelling fresh every day. The concierges (Margot and Paul) go out their way to ensure that you have a great visit by helping you in your daily planning of events. The Director of Guest Services (Ed) is very pleasant and welcoming by confirming that all of your wants and needs are met by him and his staff in the most efficent manner. We told the director of guest services that my BFF was celebrating her birthday and he had a bottle of champagne and cake sent up to our room!!

Room Tip: Rooms were very quiet but small. The room with double beds are very comfortable but will not be a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
TheBetsyHotel, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear LinLuShe,
Thank you for your comments about the Betsy! As you have noticed, the secret is in the service. With an intimate total 61 suites and rooms, we do our best to make each Guest feel personally taken care of - and appreciate it when you notice! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Trois-Rivieres, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

Ok the place is well spotted. I felt when i got in my standard room at 400$ like Alice having had too much of the cake the room was too small for. Unfortunately i did not find the drink to get smaller!the concierge Paul is great but the staff at the door are dedicated to service they wont help you with taxi also the restaurant for breakfast is disappointing the Starbuck in front is way better.

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Nassua,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your stay. It is true that some of our rooms are not big - our historic hotel was originally built 70 years ago, and in our complete renovation a few years ago, many ( a third) of the rooms were doubled up and converted into suites - although some were not. While very comfortable, some are not very large Please reach out to me the next time your travels bring you to Miami Beach and I will see if we can upgrade you to one of our suites as part of our "Repeat Guest Program" - we always try to upgrade our loyal followers when we can!

Best regards,

U.S.A. East Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

The hotel is located across from the ocean on the North end of South Beach. Service was exceptional and the restaurant was five star. The hotel porvides valet parking but you won't need your vehicle. Everything is within short walking distance.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel provides the best view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I recently stayed at the Betsy hotel in Miami. The room and the hotel were beautiful. The location and great and the staff were courteous. After checking in I informed the front desk that the room smelled of smoke and asked if there was anything that could be done. They apologized and said it would be taken care of immediately. After returning from the beach and then dinner, still nothing had been done. I checked out the next day remarking that the room smelled like smoke and that I’d asked something to be done. The staff apologized and removed a “resort fee” from my bill. Later that week I got mail from a hotel executive offering a free night next time I was in town and that “if I’d only said something” they could have taking care of the problem. It made me feel dumb since they clearly didn’t understand that I’d asked for something to be done twice.

Knowledge: The Betsy didn’t really ask how things were nor did they listen when I offered
Service: If you say you’re going to resolve something, follow through - it’s integrity.
Delivery: They didn’t fix the room and failed on delivery
Communications: The Betsy still doesn’t know what went wrong – they think it was my problem that I didn’t say anything. I won’t be going back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Dave,

I was sorry to read your review - the purpose of my letter was not to make you feel bad, but rather to admit that although we tried, we had not resolved your problem and as such was hoping for another opportunity for you to experience the Betsy as most do. Can i tell you how much I hate the smell of cigarettes? We have a special machine (called an O-Zone Machine) that [usually] removes that smell, and we thought we had succeeded, but obviously didn't. I feel bad about that, and do indeed hope that one day you will take us up on our offer of a free night on a return visit. You really deserve a stay that is memorable for the right reasons! I hope to hear from you.

San Salvador, El Salvador
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Stayed there for 3 nights. Hotel in general is great, atmosphere is very inviting and has a home style feeling combined with a out of town camp house. Had breakfast there twice, in my opinion breakfast menu is not that wide, but the dishes I tried were quite delicious. Front desk staff quite friendly and Paul, the concierge, was very kind in providing a varierty of options and suggestions for dinner, tours, and helping in making reservations when needed. Although hotel looks small from the outside, inside you feel it is very spacious. Room was just perfect in size, living room and bed were very comfortable. The bathroom even had a TV mirror installed if you are one of those persons that can miss a second of a sports match , movie or broadcast. Perhaps the only bad about the hotel, as we got room in the first floor, just facing an alley next to the hotel. Aroun 7am, some trucks unloading or loading stuff , making it noisy for about 20 minutes, waking us up. That happened once during our stay. Hotel management was kind to apologize for some problem they had with the fire alarm system which had a malfunction, but we got fast explanation on the issue and received complimentary drinks the next day. A 2 minute walk to the beach, hotel provides complimentary chairs/towels/umbrellas to use in the beach front. Location of hotel is good , just at the end of ocean drive, so you don't get all the noise other hotels get due to the traffic / pedestrians. Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Try not to get a room on the first floor next to the street besides the hotel , as it gets loud when...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jose,

Thank you for taking the time to write an extensive review of your visit with us! I was sorry to hear that one morning, your sleep was disturned by delivery trucks - South Beach is a very compact district, as you know now, and sometimes it is difficult to take care of all of the hotels and restaurants to take care of business and still keep a focus on the relaxation of our Guests. We have this conversation with local vendors quite often. Please let me know the next time that you are traveling to Miami Beach and I will ensure that you are upgraded to one of our "guaranteed quieter" pool view rooms, facing the inner courtyard.

Warm regards,

Cardiff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Highly recommended if you're visiting Miami, even if you're stating elsewhere. Fantastic location overlooking Miami Beach with a superb elevated veranda to watch the world go by. The food is excellent, the Tuna Salad followed by Sword Fish, probably the best I’ve tasted anywhere in the World.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Betsy - South Beach? Share your experiences!