“Phenomenal, a hotel that understands the true definition of "luxury"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Betsy - South Beach

Offers & Announcements
NEW Breakfast with Betsy
Ranked #4 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Phenomenal, a hotel that understands the true definition of "luxury"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

My partner and I had the pleasure of ringing in the New Year at the Betsy Hotel (2012). The moment we stepped on the property we were greeted with an impressive decor, exceptional service and an ambiance we had dreamed of when planning our trip to South Beach. The Betsy did not miss a beat. Upon entering our suite, we were met with the most pleasant aroma and a bottle of champagne. The most impressive experience deals with Paul, the concierge. From day one, Paul had us covered. On the first night we realized that we didn't make dinner reservations for any of the nights we'd be in Miami. Paul sent us to a great restaurant the first night, made reservations for the remaining nights in Miami and then HAND DELIVERED the reservation list to us at the restaurant we were eating at that same night. Needless to say, the Betsy had us 100% after showing that type of service. It all began with Ivan, the sales director, who recommended the suite and really pulled-through this magical experience. From a young jet-setting executive to anyone who reads this, I highly recommend the Betsy Hotel. Ask for Ivan and Paul, then be ready for an experience like no other. Happy travelling.

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic but live a little and go for one of the ocean view suites
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

1,320 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cape Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Betsy Hotel in Dec 2010. The hotel, the service, the ambiance has to rate as one of the best of all the hotels I have ever stayed at. This was our second trip to Miami and the last time was singularly unimpressed with Miami. In fact I would go so far as to say that we simply took it off our list and avoided it if we could. This time we were catching a cruise that left from Miami so really had no choice. All I can say is that this time we loved Miami we are both convinced it was as a result of this fantastic hotel. I also had left my camera behind in the room and the e mail follow up to return it was absolutely first class. Yes... My camera was returned to me and they offered to post it back to me. I can't say enough about this place and if you read this before booking and go elsewhere, don't ever complain.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Scarsdale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

it felt like we were staying at a friend's perfect beach house rather than at a hotel. beautiful decor throughout the hotel-- public spaces and our suite, attentive concierge, wonderful menu (including breakfast available at lunchtime) at BLT restaurant located in hotel lobby. perfect location for beach and shopping and walking around.
a spectacular peaceful and spacious rooftop. comfortable and inviting front porch for eating, drinking or just people watching. this was a great visit to miami beach.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

New Years 2012 my partner and i stayed in a suite at the Betsy Hotel. This was the absolute best New Years of my life and I owe a lot to the incredible service and quality of this hotel. I really felt like I was comfortably at home when staying here. Paul at the concierge booked our entire holiday's meals, including getting us amazing seats at completely booked top trendy miami beach restaurants, and yes, including new years eve at 8pm!! I was blown away by how connected this hotel is to the top miami restaurants. I have never been enamored by a hotel like the Betsy since it perfectly is styled like a tropical resort right on the beach, but on a perfect block that doesn't get too crazy at night. I am absolutely staying here again.

Room Tip: If you can afford the suite, it's worth it! But regardless, make sure you have the concierge bo...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
TheBetsyHotel, Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, January 13, 2012
Dear Robert C,

Thank you for the glowing comments you’ve posted about your New Year’s stay at The Betsy. Experiences and comments like yours are our best reward. Here at The Betsy we believe our best marketing is great service that leads to amazing word of mouth and comments such as yours.

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and hope you and your partner come home again soon and often.

Kind regards,

Ed

Ed Ponder
Director of Guest Services
The Betsy – South Beach
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Overall a very good hotel but there was very little water in the shower which really did destroy the overall experience. Drinks a bit too pricey and the staff a bit overwhelmed at times. But great location right on South Beach and a great room/decor.

Arlington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Stayed here for a night as a getaway from family so my experience is somewhat limited, but all in all it was a wonderful hotel.

The location on Ocean Drive is excellent- at the northern end so you're a short walk to both Lincoln Rd. pedestrian mall and the beach (right across the street). Ocean Drive can be a bit insane- lots of people and crowded sidewalk restaurants, but walking into the Betsy that all disappeared.

The front door and check-in staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming. Checkin was quick and we were headed towards our room in a matter of minutes. The room was great- stylish decor, big comfy bed, cool technology (flat panel tv with hookups for your own gadgets, a tv built into the bathroom mirror).

There's a beautiful rooftop deck with a bar and ocean views. Had we stayed longer we would have spent more time there.

Only complaint is that the floors are all hardwood (with a rug under the bed) so you'll hear any/all footsteps if the person above you is wearing shoes. We had someone pacing above early in the morning.

Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

My husband and I checked in for one night at the Betsy for a quick escape from our family. The Betsy was absolutely lovely and suited our purpose perfectly. I was hesitant to stay on Ocean Drive, as the last time we did, we were farther south and the streets were filled with hawkers and the noise from the street was distracting. The Betsy is far enough north to escape the noise, yet still right on Ocean Drive with beach access. With BLT Steak as the hotel restaurant, there is no one yelling at you, "$5.95 breakfast special!" I appreciate a place classy enough not to serve a gigantic plastic glass of tequila with a beer bottle sticking out. A serious plus.

The room was just right, charming with its library and a large comfy bed, and the yummy smelling Malin+Goetz toiletries were pure luxury. The TV in the bathroom mirror was a cool touch; a fun novelty but if you don't want the TV, it disappears in the mirror. Even the smaller touches, like the art work in the hall, were just right. We loved the photographs exhibited and stopped every time we walked past to read the details on the artwork. By far, though, my favorite part of the hotel was the roof-top deck. My husband and I sat outside with a stunning view of the ocean. The barman was super helpful and we enjoyed appetizers from BLT with our drinks on a perfect winter evening.

The only negative is our room on the first floor kept out the sounds of the street (it was a poolside room), but the sounds of the folks upstairs getting up early were quite loud. You could hear every footstep. Also, we weren't interested in the pool, but it is shaded by the building, and it's not the kind of pool you'd like to hang out for the day.

But those are small nitpicks on an otherwise great hotel. The Betsy is a sophisticated option right in the heart of South Beach.

Room Tip: For the sake of quietness ask for a room on the top floor, poolside.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Betsy - South Beach? Share your experiences!