“Gorgeous — Loved Everything!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
Ranked #6 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Dallas, TX
“Gorgeous — Loved Everything!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

This hotel is so gorgeous, definitely one of the best on South Beach!! It is so classy, high-end, and the staff is outstanding. The ambiance is so wonderful, and the food at the restaurant is to die for! Really, our stay was fantastic!

The rooms are a tad small, but it's not an issue if you're only staying for a few days. The pool is located in the center of the hotel (building surrounds it) so it's in the shade for a lot of the day, so it was far too cold to go in in mid-December. However, it's right across the street from the beach, and free beach chairs/service is included with your stay, so that's outstanding. The location of the hotel cannot be beat! Walking distance from the Lincoln shopping area, which was awesome as well! Also, there's a TV in the bathroom mirror! How cool is that?!

The hotel staff went above and beyond to make our stay a positive and enjoyable one, and although it's a bit pricey, it was really fantastic!! I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Wavre, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Very helpfull staff, the best of my 10 days trip in Florida. Poor continental breakfast. The mojito's must be improved. Too high prices in the restaurant (sp wines).

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Just got back from The Betsey and I can’t wait to get back.

Staff and Service – Everyone in this hotel works to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. We had 100% exceptional service 100% of the time. Front desk staff even helped us check in to our flight on the way back and always remembered our names. Room service and Housekeeping were prompt and polite and fulfilled all our requests right away. e.g. I called Front Desk to ask where the ice machine was and they offered to bring ice up to my room.

Rooms – Beautiful, clean, modern and cozy. Beds were very comfortable. TV in the bathroom mirror….Hello! Lots of clean towels, and luxurious bathrobes. I fell in love with the room as soon as I opened the door.

Roof top patio – Really cute, has a cool laid back bohemian theme and is just beautiful. Very cool background music. Amazing view of the ocean. Great little nooks and set up. You can have drinks up there, order food, chill out, and there are sunbathing loungers as well.

Pool – Located in a little secluded courtyard with a very zen like feel. A hidden gem.

Beach – When you stay at the Betsy you have a special setup at the beach as well. It’s all included. Beach lounge chairs and towels.

BLT Restaurant - AMAZING. We had the weekend brunch there…delicious. We also had dinner there one night. This place is renowned in Miami for their steaks.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms have a nice quiet and serene view
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

I stayed for two nights at The Betsy before going on a cruise. I was a little apprehensive about staying on South Beach as I remembered from previous trips that it could be a little too lively for my taste. The Betsy, however, turned out to be a a perfect sanctuary from the hustle and bustle of Ocean Drive.

Set at the end of Ocean it turned out to be a perfect place to stay. So tranquil and calm you had to remind yourself that only moments away the SoBe party was in full swing. To be able to dip out of the full on noise of the bars and restaurants and retreat to such a relaxing haven such a short distance away was perfect.

The room was probably not as big as I had hoped for but was tastefully decorated and very clean. BLT is not to be missed, the photography on display throughout the hotel is fabulous and the views from the rooftop garden were spectacular.

Turning to the staff, I really don't recognise the negative comments from other contributors. My experience of them was first rate, particularly the front desk staff who couldn't do enough to help. This was further enhanced when returning from the cruise to pick up something I had left in the room they offered to look after our luggage for the day while we waited for an evening flight.

All in all I would happily recommend the Betsy to anybody wanting to stay in the South Beach area and I will most definitely return.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
TheBetsyHotel, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, December 21, 2011
Dear Mark,

Thank you for your kind words in your review. It always means a lot to us when our Guests appreciate the details - the artwork, the serene surroundings...and of course, our staff, of whom I am very proud. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Warm regards,

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

My wife and I traveled to South Beach in May 2011 to celebrate her birthday, and had a wonderful stay at The Betsy. The room was small, but wonderfully furnished, and the bed was as comfortable as you could ever hope for. Having a television literally in the mirror in the bathroom was quite a unique touch! We spent 3 nights there, and attended a Miami Heat playoff game, and the concierge (don't remember his name) was wonderful in directing us to places following the game that were more subtle and laid back, as opposed to the loud clubs available along the strip.

We enjoyed breakfast each morning on the sidewalk outside the hotel, with absolutely beautiful views of the beach and ocean. We even meeting a few celebrities walking down the sidewalk past the hotel which only added to our total experience.

On her birthday we did a couples massage at the rooftop spa, and again enjoyed beautiful views and wonderful service from the staff. Our stay was perfect for what we were looking for, and we are excited about returning again next spring for another getaway.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

The Betsy is a charming, well-located South Beach hotel. The rooms, while tiny, are nicely decorated. The linens are lovely, the bathroom products divine, the twice-daily maid service a treat. The restaurant, BLT, is wonderful!

The major problem with the hotel? The SOUR staff. With the exception of the front desk staff and restaurant servers, most of the staff do not seem to understand the concept of "hospitality"... Hardly once during our stay did a doorman greet us with a smile and a "good morning" or "have a nice day" as we departed... Such a simple thing to do to make a guest feel at home.

There was no friendly banter from the bar personnel either. While the cocktail waitresses do try hard to please, they definitely need to be more familiar with the drinks they serve. Our worst experience? One bartender decided to "teach us a lesson" by serving us a glass of water disguised as the Gibson we had sent back that he CLEARLY did not know how to make. Imagine that! Any competent manager would have escorted such an unprofessional - and vindictive - employee to the door. While the manager did pick up the tab after we complained, we unfortunately had to endure this creep's glaring at us every time we walked by the bar for the duration of our stay.

I recommend that the Management head down the street to The Tides and take a few lessons from their team. On a previous stay there we were greeted each day by ever-smiling faces. We were addressed by name, and offered bottles of water to take with us on our walks or to the beach. This is what a small hotel experience is all about! Their good cheer was infectious...

I don't know what exactly the problem is at the Betsy but they need to fix it. And when they do, this really will be a terrific place to stay!

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor. We were woken 2 of the 4 nights by the resident above us, dropping things on...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
TheBetsyHotel, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, December 14, 2011
Dear Ms. Pruitt,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. We value our Guests' opinions very highly, and when an unusual occurence such as what you describe occurs, it is very important for us to hear about it. As you can see from many of our reviews, our staff is one of our most appreciated assets, and I am sorry that this was not your experience. I would be happy to discuss this issue with you further, and to hopefully have another opportunity for you to experience a more typical Betsy stay, one filled with only fond memories.

Milan, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Second time at Betsy.
The first time I had to ask to change room since they gave me a room which was right below the compressors of the air conditioning which was more noisy than a train station. They even told me that they didn't know about the noise. Can you imagine they never realised in years that they have an air conditioning system? My collegues forced me to go again this year for one night. They lost my jacket which was left to the bell boy. My secretary wwas calling them and they told her that they found it. Guess what? I went personally to take it and the jacket disappeared!!!! They even claimed that nobody ever called them treating my secretary like a stupid one. This is absurd. I understand this stupid people they might like the style of the jacket but this is not a good reason to make it disappearing.... Absolutely not worth the price. I rather give my money to the church.

Room Tip: not with air conditioning engines close by!!!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Allesandro,

Thank yo for taking the time to write your review - although I am sad that this incident with your jacket caused you such confusion. A hotel often takes the brunt but solves the problem - however as we explained in person, we neither had your jacket nor do we have anyone working at the Betsy by the name that your secretary insists she talked to. It's an easy mistake with over 100 hotels in Miami - but one that, I regret has caused such a low opinion of us in your eyes. I would be happy to talk to you further to try to come up with an amicable solution to this situation. Our Guests - especially our return Guests - are very important to us, and I was happy to see you return and felt that we had solved the problem with your 1st stay (the malfunctioing AC unit) to your satisfaction enough to bring you back. I would appreciate another opportunity to make you a fan for life - if you give us the opportunity.

Jeff Lehman

Been to The Betsy - South Beach? Share your experiences!