“Great location but some things you should know” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Eva

Bookmark
You added Hotel Eva to your Saves list
Hotel Eva
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1506 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #132 of 204 Hotels in Miami Beach
Dublin, Ohio
“Great location but some things you should know”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed Helloween night (10/31) at this hotel. The location could not have been much better. Central to everything. BUT especially Ladies beware there was NO DEAD LOCK on our room door!! Also the room did not have enough towels (for 2) and it did not have a blowdryer. Unfortunately we did not check the room right after our arrival and had to do without. I went to the front deslk in the morning (as there is also no phone in the room to call for service) to ask for more towels and a blowdryer but they never came. The room was clean and spacious but if it was not for the location and the very reasonable prize I would have given the hotel a POOR rating. Southbeach has many options for a hotel stay and I think we try something different next time.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The location is close to the beach and restaurants which is a +. The room we had had 2 queen beds, table and desk, large tv, closet space and a sink. No microwave or fridge though. The room was remarkably larger than expected but beware that the walls are thin and you can hear your neighbors upstairs stomping around. Try to get something on the top floor. It was a clean place for sure and the front desk folks where nice.

Room Tip: Try to get something on the top floor. The walls are thin and you can hear people walking around if...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Paris
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2014

We tried booking a room in December this year as we would be in town for Art Basel Miami. I have made international calls several times for the past couple of months asking for the rates as I thought that the rates were rather reasonable and fair as we had stayed there previously.

No one, not even the "Managers" could give me a straight answer as to what the rates were, none withstanding that I was prepared to pay in full several months in advance - it was guaranteed business and our stays are not particularly short. I was advised to email them instead, of which I received no replies at all.

I finally called again and they told me that my period included the Art Basel weekend which they were going to charge me $2000, on top of the days leading up to it, and after it, which I would be a guest. This is outrageous. I stayed there last year at a fraction of the price, recommended guests to stay with them, and this was our treatment. I am prepared to pay a premium, but this was ridiculous and purely opportunistic for a hotel that has just rebranded itself as a HOSTEL.

For our stay last year, the reasonable (but not cheap) price and good location meant that we put up with oily floors and dirty sheets. But definitely not for $2000 for a weekend.

Please beware! I never write bad reviews but this is horrible.

Key points: Numerous service lapses, no one being able to give the correct information, no follow up through email, poor treatment of repeat customers and guaranteed business. This place is rebranding itself as a HOSTEL and charging HOTEL prices. AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Social Circle, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014

The rooms were large enough but there was only one chair and one desk chair to sit on without sitting on a bed. It was called a Jr. Suite and it would have held another chair or a loveseat. There was a kitchenette but that was a stretch. It only offered a sink w/ counters and a mini fridge. There was no microwave. And bring your own plates and utensils.

There was no phone or alarm clock or soap!!! They were out of soap. We had to ask for wash clothes every day but they replaced the towels. Go figure. And we had to request a hair dryer.

I might stay there again but not planning on it unless I can bring all the things that were missing from the room!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Unfortunately due to being scam and having nowhere else to go, I stumbled upon Hotel Eva so we spent 3 weeks there. But Hotel Eva is an average hotel so it's all about your taste & what you are looking for but for the 3 weeks I can honestly say it wasn't bad. Jonathan who I think was the manager at the hotel was extremely nice and helpful which was A+. The rooms are your typical rooms with the basic amenities, I wish the fridge was bigger and maybe have some of the everyday cutlery in it, for example; plates, cups, knives & forks but beyond that I don't have much complaints. It's in walking distance to everything like supermarkets, beach, restaurants etc but I spent so little time in the room beyond just sleeping about 6 hours the most of each day, I didn't encounter any problems. There's a pretty basic restaurant downstairs that have daily specials which I went to twice while I visited and it's average. From the pics they seem to undergo major renovations which was needed but it's all about you and your comfort if you choose to stay there, I would recommend staying atleast 1 night first before you make your final conclusion about the hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
La Jolla, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Hotel Eva is on 16th and Collins Ave, very close to Lincoln Road,and a block from Ocean Ave...very convenient. The rooms are large and each has a small kitchenette if you want to do your own breakfast . A very reasonably priced hotel especially if you need a room for a night before a cruise. Parking is reasonable , too and finding a garage with a hotel in South Beach is unusual. Good bang for your buck. Check out hotels.com or kayak.com to get the good prices.

Room Tip: Ask for a double room with two queens...very large.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
North West England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We loved our stay at Hotel Eva on Collins Ave. we are a family of 4 with teenagers and stayed in a junior suite with 2 Queen beds.
Good size room with small (but useful sized) fridge. Friendly, helpful staff. Free beach towels available at reception. Great location for beach (straight ahead) or shopping (left out of hotel then down Lincoln Rd).
Only one down side - We had room 407. VERY noisy air conditioning (so loud it woke you up in the night) however we didn't mention it and it might be faulty and they aren't aware.
We would recommend this hotel because of the price.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Hotel Eva? Share your experiences!