“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Eva

Save Saved
You added Hotel Eva to your Saves list
Hotel Eva
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1506 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #128 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
dallas
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

If you want a clean and comfortable hotel, which is also affordable, you should look at this hotel. The location was great, with public access to the beach just across the street and Ocean Drive just one block away. The staff was helpful and friendly.
The room was big and clean, but the air conditioning shut off. when the lights were turned on.

Room Tip: Because of the busy street in front and the noise heard from rooms above, stay in the back on an upp...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The hotel is comfortable and spacious...The bathroom is sufficient, but could've been cleaned better. The elevator is small and they need better lighting....those low blue lights are a safety hazard. Sucks that they don't have a microwave in the room and over the phone we were told to ask the front desk however when we did they said they had none for guest to use?! The kettle that they had in our room was so stained n dirty inside. Overall it was a budget comfortable stay.

The location is good its right around corner from Ocean Drive and close to the beach....about 2 blocks away.

The staff was very friendly & helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is a very good location if you want the ability to be able to walk conveniently to several places without having to rent a car. We crossed the street and walked a block or two to the beach.

We sat on the hotel's balcony most evenings to accomodate the smokers in our group as the room was No Smoking, and just watching activity on the street below proved to be entertaining to say the least.

It's a small boutique hotel, and the staff was friendly. Our room was very clean, no complaints there...web pictures they have up are pretty accurate....just wish there were additional seating options in the rooms.

• Stayed July 2013
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

This hotel is average, room is big enough but not much spare space, and facilities are clean and well kept. Big screen tv and many channels.
Curiously enough there is a sink but no kitchen/microwave or cutterly - so why have a sink? What would you wash in there?

Anyway, the place is very decent, average-good I would say, BUT located in either:
- an excellent location, if you're looking at participating in the very busy and noisy nightlife of South Beach
- a very bad location, if you want to go to bed and fall asleep without using earplugs

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My partner and myself stayed here between 22 Feb to the 27 of Feb and I think this hotel is worthy of a review.
My first impression from the outside was it seems ok. Once inside I wasn't very happy. Not because of the hotel itself but the very unwelcoming, unfriendly person at reception. I've never been to a hotel that does not have a bell boy or a friendly face to greet you so was completely taken aback by this. However I'm not a fussy person. We sat down, he took a copy of a passport and signed a few papers and handed our keys. Now personally, I'm a very talkative, friendly and sociable person and get the most miserable of people to talk and I felt that's what I had to do with him over the period of our stay for him to actually talk.
It's not exactly a 5 star hotel but had he have greeted us warmly, offered us a glass of water and asked if we needed any recommendations for anything or if we needed help with our bags, it would have made a world of difference. Especially after a 9 hour flights and a 3 hour journey to the hotel after a huge accident on the freeway.
So we made our own way to our room 301 and I have to say, I was very pleased. It's was lovely and cool to begin with as it was a very warm and humid evening. The room was incredible clean, it had a small desk area which I used as my dressing table as it was better lit there. We had a small sink, fridge and coffee maker. We didn't have any cups, coffee, cutlery for a few days which was annoying. It would have been great to have had a microwave which I requested prior to our stay via email which never came to light. The room also had a safe, ironing board and iron which is great as I hate having to call housekeeping for these items.
We had ample towels, bedding and toiletries which was a bonus. A small touch that would have been good, would have been a TV channel list, a hotel booklet with information on nearby facilities pharmacies, taxis etc.
My only gripe was lack of ash trays, the very dirty window in the bathroom and the unfriendliness of the front desk.
But you cannot beat the location of the hotel. We often sat outside of reception on a small balcony and watched the world go by. It is so close to Ocean Drive, shops and restaurants everywhere. And personally for the price I paid I think it was very reasonable.
It just needs a few tweaks to get it into the top 30 hotels in Miami, I honestly believe that.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stayed during February 2014 show and therefore payed $250 per night. Rooms are basic at best and we had only a single sheet. Kept having to ask for blankets. Also found the hotel was noisy on 1st floor above car park and after 3 nights we asked to change rooms.
Was told by the hotel staff the management were changing at the time, so might improve in future.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor if possible
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed here Friday February 14th until Sunday the 16th as a pit stop before a cruise leaving from Ft. Lauderdale. Overall a very pleasant stay. Staff was friendly, the front desk very helpful even when we returned to Miami to await our flight we stopped by again, dropped our big luggage off and went to the beach for a few hours. Beach is literally a block away. Lots of shopping and great restaurants surrounding the area. Reading other peoples reviews I have found a lot of complaints about the furniture in the room which I can understand. Everything stainless steel was rusted and the wicker chair was very flimsy and dirty. But bed and bathroom spacious and clean and that's what we used so it didn't bother us too much. We would stay here again indefinitely.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Eva? Share your experiences!