“you get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travel Lodge Monaco Oceanfront Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Miami Beach
Travel Lodge Monaco Oceanfront Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17501 Collins Avenue Sunny Isles, Miami Beach, FL 33160   |
Ranked #177 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Dublin, Ireland
“you get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Stayed here a while back due to a mix up in dates with an apartment rental. I liked the location away from South Beach. Amenties are basic, restaurant area was closed for renovations so no breakfast available, no big deal, plenty of breakfast options available locally.

I would recommend getting an oceanfront room if you do stay, pool area was ok , the lobby area comfortable and most of the staff seemed friendly. Bedroom was a decent size with balcony overlooking the beach

One incident that happened during my stay that I feel needs to be address by management was the fact there was a group of ladies entertaining their *friends* . After they were asked to leave the hotel, a verbal row broke out and the cops were called to sort it out. The manner in which this was done could have been handled better - nobody likes to witness a screaming match in the lobby of the hotel they are staying.

Room Tip: oceanfront with balcony
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Elmer Sands, Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Prior to my stay I did read the reviews. Travel Lodges in the UK do have a good reputation and I dismissed the negative remarks as I thought they were written by troublemakers. I should have taken note of what was written about the Travel Lodge Monaco Oceanfront Resort! On arrival at about 2 pm, after travelling thousands of miles, I was told by a rather rude carribean receptionist to wait in the lounge area as I could not book in till 3 pm. She was too busy to deal with us. When she finally climbed down off her perch to deal with us I was berated for filling in the booking in form with a UK style date, ie d/m/year instead of the USA m/d/year. After booking in we were led to a scruffy room along a corridor that had not seen a vacumn cleaner in days. The hotel lived up to all the negative comments posted and I would not wish to see anyone else stay at this miserable place. Most of the staff do not speak English and when you need assistance as I did they all disappear. Just what some of them actually do beggars belief as I just saw a group of them hanging around the reception area most of the time doing very little. Shame they could not pick up a vacumn cleaner and do some cleaning. The first morning we were given breakfast but when I went down for breakfast the next morning there was nothing. I enquired about breakfast to be told management had decided to cancel it. Just like that! The final insult after 2 nights there was to be presented with a bill for $36 despite paying in advance. This supposedley was for car parking and resort fees! I suspect the hotel is being run down awaiting developers to pay a good price to demolish it and build another high rise hotel in its place as it is flanked by them along the shore. Basil Fawlty lives and breathes in Miami! On a positive note we found the tour operator, Archie, based at the hotel to be very helpful and friendly. Shame his colleagues could not be the same.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
isle of palms, sc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

If this is considered a resort then I don't ever want to go to one. The rooms were dirty and the furniture was junky and spraypainted!!! The staff was friendly but that did not make up for the lousy hotel. It was about $160 and the Doubletree was next door and was about $60 more and I would stay there if I were you! SOS

Room Tip: Don't stay if you can help it.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I chose this hotel only for location since it was so incredibly close to family and the beach is truly amazing, however, the hotel itself is a dump. It is only good for overnnight stays. The airconditioning wasn't controlled and either it was way too hot or way too cold, we never recieved new towels even though we asked for them, and the floor was rather dirty. The beds were uncomfortable and the mattress moves as you sleep, they also promised us a balcony but that did not happen. The vents were moldy, many electrical outlets were not working so I was not able to charge my phone and laptop at the same time. We had three lightbulbs that did not work and they did not replace them even though we called the front desk twice. Also, at check out, you must pay a resort fee. I would not call this place a "resort." Breakfast is just a piece of toast and disgusting orange juice. Also, on our very last day the maid kept coming to our door to clean even thought the do not disturb sign was up! She came first at 7, then again at 8:30, and then again at 11! It felt extremely pushy, since check out was not until 12. Also on many occasions, hotel staff ignored the do not disturb sign and entered the room anyway and just kept giving us more paper cups?? But, the loaction is great, right on the beach, within walking distance of great places to eat and many conveniences like Starbucks, Epicure, Miami Juice, and Walgreens. The beach was right there and very beautiful!

Room Tip: Now what to expect when you book this place!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

I've stayed here several times mostly due to price and the great location. You really cannot beat the location. The rooms definitely need to be renovated. My bed was not the greatest but I enjoyed the small kitchen my room had and you cannot go wrong with an ocean view. They charge you a daily fee to use the safe in the room even if you do not want to use it. I wasn't too thrilled with that but what can you do? My AC was not working one night it was so hot I had to chain the door and keep it cracked open for ventilation. A security guard woke me up in the middle of the night saying I had to have the door closed. He was able to grab me a fan so it was better than nothing. Parking is not free but it is cheap compared to other places in Miami. I think I paid about $8 for parking. I often wonder how long this place will stay afloat for. It's surrounded by high rises going up every other month. It takes up a lot of real estate and I wouldn't be surprised if it gets new owners in the upcoming years and ends up being destroyed for a large high rise. The owners really need to put some more money into this place so it stays around.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Istanbul
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

Excellent for location, infront of the ocean . They charge for the parking. Noisy security is talking all night...rooms needs more cleaning .They are serving something they called breakfast, dont waste your time for trying

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Lake Worth, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Nobody that works for the hotel speaks English , including everyone at the front desk. Our room flooded due to the pool overflowing because of rain. Air conditioning is not adjustable and the vents are moldy as hell.The beds are hard and move all over the place.We left the fridge and freezer open just to cool the room down and the wing of rooms across from us had no a/c at all , all the guests had the doors to their rooms open.There isnt enough parking so you are forced to park behind people and leave your car keys at the front desk so the valet that doesn't speak English or probably have a license.When we got there we told them our names and they told us they had no reservation for us.We told them we booked through Hotels.com and the non English speaking front desk lady mumbled to us that we had better call Hotels.com because we weren't getting a room if we didn't......this room is not acceptable for $130 a night..PARKING IS $8 a night and you have to leave your car keys at the front desk in case they have to move a car.

Room Tip: go anywhere else except here
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Travel Lodge Monaco Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!