“Great location BUT It is what it is...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travel Lodge Monaco Oceanfront Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Miami Beach
Travel Lodge Monaco Oceanfront Resort
Save Saved
You added Travel Lodge Monaco Oceanfront Resort to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17501 Collins Avenue Sunny Isles, Miami Beach, FL 33160   |
Ranked #183 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
Brooklyn, New York
“Great location BUT It is what it is...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

I've stayed here several times mostly due to price and the great location. You really cannot beat the location. The rooms definitely need to be renovated. My bed was not the greatest but I enjoyed the small kitchen my room had and you cannot go wrong with an ocean view. They charge you a daily fee to use the safe in the room even if you do not want to use it. I wasn't too thrilled with that but what can you do? My AC was not working one night it was so hot I had to chain the door and keep it cracked open for ventilation. A security guard woke me up in the middle of the night saying I had to have the door closed. He was able to grab me a fan so it was better than nothing. Parking is not free but it is cheap compared to other places in Miami. I think I paid about $8 for parking. I often wonder how long this place will stay afloat for. It's surrounded by high rises going up every other month. It takes up a lot of real estate and I wouldn't be surprised if it gets new owners in the upcoming years and ends up being destroyed for a large high rise. The owners really need to put some more money into this place so it stays around.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Istanbul
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

Excellent for location, infront of the ocean . They charge for the parking. Noisy security is talking all night...rooms needs more cleaning .They are serving something they called breakfast, dont waste your time for trying

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Lake Worth, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Nobody that works for the hotel speaks English , including everyone at the front desk. Our room flooded due to the pool overflowing because of rain. Air conditioning is not adjustable and the vents are moldy as hell.The beds are hard and move all over the place.We left the fridge and freezer open just to cool the room down and the wing of rooms across from us had no a/c at all , all the guests had the doors to their rooms open.There isnt enough parking so you are forced to park behind people and leave your car keys at the front desk so the valet that doesn't speak English or probably have a license.When we got there we told them our names and they told us they had no reservation for us.We told them we booked through Hotels.com and the non English speaking front desk lady mumbled to us that we had better call Hotels.com because we weren't getting a room if we didn't......this room is not acceptable for $130 a night..PARKING IS $8 a night and you have to leave your car keys at the front desk in case they have to move a car.

Room Tip: go anywhere else except here
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Deltona, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

Pool was dirty manager dont give a crap about people ,never got someone to bring me towels to the room,after a big situation with the manager in my last day there i left to get some food when i got back to my room my cooler was missing from the room someone got in to my room and took my coolerwith out my permission................wao not a good experience dont stay here................

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Lakewood, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

all tho its not the the Hilton, I feel that for this type of moter Inn you can"t beat it ,its wonderful to be able to walkout to beach The hotel had been painted since I last been there in Feb of 10 and looked like they kept up with it as much as they can I DID NOT SEE ANY BUGS !!!! like I was told was there . as far as cleanliness my room was well kept and my bath room was very clean and thats very important to me. also the price is right for a beer pocket.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

we just finished a caribbean cruise and had 1 nights stay in Miami after; inspite of some poor reviews, we went with others that said the hotels location and value were great;
We wholeheartedly agree !!!
waking up/ sleeping to the sound of waves outside your patio is a million dollar experience!!
We were especially pleased with the excellent service given by Margaret Steinberg, the front office person on duty !! her pleasing smile and helpful attituude made up for any shortcomings that the slightly ageing hotel had...

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

We recently stayed here. What a complete dump. Don't give them your money for staying here. The rooms are lousy and the staff just don't care, they have no sense of urgency at all. They can just about manage a grunt. Manners don't cost anything it would have been nice to receive a thank you or please. We came back from the beach to find the maids had been in and "cleaned" our room. They threw the sheets over the bed and that was about it.
My wife got into the shower and when she had finished showering we discovered the maids had taken our used towels but not replaced them. I phoned reception and politely asked for some towels. I explained my wife was just out of the shower and we would need them ASAP. 15 minutes later they hadn't arrived and I phoned reception again. I was told the reception would tell house keeping again. No apology or anything. !0 mins later I went out and spoke to a very impolite maid. She said in broken english she would bring some. Guess what 10 minutes later i went out and found her cart sitting so i ended up having a confrontation with the made during which time she basically shoed me away after tutting and a lot of eye rolling i got my two towels!

Later that night at about 2:00am our neighbours retuned and decided to have a party. TV blasting and Spanish music flat out. I eventually got to sleep around 3. The walls are paper thin too so don't expect any good sleep. We had booked for 4 nights but three is all we could endure, we checked out early and went else where for a proper nites sleep.

The swimming pool has lumps of paint missing from it and there is a coned off area im not sure what is meant to be there. Ice machine "out of order" just like ret of hotel.

The room is run down just like the rest of this place. WiFi is a joke 0.2 Mbps( when it does work). I suggest before you part with any money you check out the rooms yourself. This is easily the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I will be complaining to TravelLodge LTD.

Please go elsewhere or you will regret it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Travel Lodge Monaco Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!