We booked a penthouse, 2 BR suite with ocean view. The biggest disappointment by far was the "view". The deck has a cement wall where there is normally a railing or plexiglass. Our view was only a view when standing on the deck. I booked this room expecting to be able to read or have a drink on the deck, surrounded by the ocean breeze - sitting on this deck was more like a prison cell - surrounded by 4 cement walls. That being said, half of the rooms in the front of the building have plexiglass and that would have been fine. So get details about your deck. Also disappointing was hair in our room and the absolutely disgusting hallways – stained carpet and windows that looked like they haven’t been washed since the Clinton administration. When we arrived with groceries since we knew we had a kitchen, the fridge and freezer were turned off. Not only inconvenient by smelly. The front desk staff was very unfriendly. Housekeeping never got to our room before 5:00. There was one love seat in the living area with no ottoman – so limited seating and not the most comfortable.
On the positive side, the décor is beautiful, new, great kitchen. The pool and beach access were wonderful. Even during Christmas week we could always get a chair at the pool. The beachwalk was so nice.
There isn’t much close to the hotel. We took more taxis than I expected. Many buildings close are under construction. I thought overall this place was a terrible value considering the level of service.
- Also Known As:
- Churchill Suites Crown Miami Beach Hotel
- Churchill Suites Crown Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Churchill Suites Crown Miami Beach offers spacious apartments with balconies and separate sleeping, living and dining areas with full kitchens. Our spacious fully-appointed studio, one, and two bedroom apartments all feature ocean views from your private balcony and are available for any length of stay. Stay a day, a week or even a year! This elegantly remodeled historic building is conveniently located on the corner of 40th Street and Collins Avenue and features an outdoor pool with chaise lounges, hot tub, direct access to the beach and the boardwalk, fitness center, resident lounge with billiards and large screen TV, business meeting room, expansive decks with seating and landscaping, and 24 hour security.Churchill is proud to offer Studio, One or Two Bedroom Apartments for your stay in Miami Beach. Each beautifully appointed apartment has an ocean view and balcony and is fully furnished with all comforts of home, including a luxurious Queen, King or two Twin bed(s) in the sleeping area or bedroom, a living area with sofa bed, loveseat or occasional chairs, 32” LCD TV, stereo system, premium cable TV, broadband Internet access, executive work desk and chair, a dining area, large closets and in-unit washer and dryer. The fully-equipped kitchen includes dishes, cutlery, pots and pans, granite countertops and full size stainless steel refrigerator, stove, oven, dishwasher and coffeemaker. Gourmet coffee, tea with sweeteners and creamer are replenished daily. All bed and bathroom linens, including luxurious bath soaps, shampoos and lotions, are included and replenished regularly. Daily housekeeping and WiFi Internet access are included at no additional charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Amex, EasyToBook, Olotels, Priceline, Hotwire, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Churchill Suites Crown Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.