I'm a request guest and spent 10 days with partner in December. I've noticed a couple of negative comments I want to give an honest opinion on. Ocean Drive is cool but tourist tastic and lets face it is just the sea. UK folks think Blackpool! It's cool to walk down but not fussed for staying on it! Especially when the view of the bay from the Mondrian is so amazing!! Now it takes 20 minutes to walk to the beach - which given all the eating/drinking you do is a good bit of gentle exercise.. or you can get a taxi. If like us you love walking it took us about 2 hours only because we strolled around with a star bucks and did a spot of shopping. I am well travelled and have experienced my fair share of poor service, but not once at the Mondrian!! Staff are always very helpful and willing to go the extra mile. The only down point which I'm pleased to say had nothing to do with the hotel was a large wedding group who clearly were off school the day the manners lesson was on! They took over the pool area, nappies & rubbish left for staff to pick up not to mention kids running riot and peeing on the ground in full view of parents! How the staff managed to keep their calm I'll never know as I certainly came very close to speaking with them directly. The staff were amazing and to all the people reading this, please don't let the most recent negative feedback put you off. I've never en-counted people like this in my life and I hope I never do again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on newly-fashionable West Avenue, Mondrian is a quiet enclave just minutes from the bustling center of South Beach, offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. The visionary style of designer Marcel Wanders is apparent from the moment you pull into the porte-cochere: guests walk through a grand entryway appointed with custom-designed furniture, lighting and accent pieces, evoking Wanders' design homage of "Sleeping Beauty's Castle." Upon entering the soaring lobby, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views of Biscayne Bay. Immediately the eye is drawn to the masterpiece of the room–an iconic, signature "floating staircase." Black and gold patterned furnishings and oversized brass bell shaped lights add a touch of whimsy and welcome guests to sit and socialize or enjoy the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Odigeo, Splendia, Tingo, Otel, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Mondrian South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Hotel Beach