“Stunning” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mondrian South Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Mondrian South Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Mondrian South Beach Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 West Ave, South Beach, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (West Avenue)   |
Special Offer
Up to 15% Off
Ranked #27 of 200 Hotels in Miami Beach
Toronto, Canada
“Stunning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have stayed here the last 3 times I visited SoBe and it remains my first choice. The view from the pool area is breathtaking. The pool area is large and there are always plenty of great spots no matter what time of day you stroll out. I love having the full service kitchen and with whole foods accoss the street we definitely made good use of it. If you want to be close to the beach but prefer a more sophisticated experience this is the best option!

Room Tip: Bayside terrace rooms are a must
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ellis v, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Natasha,

Thank you for your recent and repeated visit to Mondrian and for this kind review. We agree that we have the best poolside experience in South Beach and the views our location affords are second to none. We're glad to be your South Beach destination and look forward to many happy returns.

Ellis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I just had the pleasure of staying at the Mondrian South Beach on Sunday evening, October 20. We booked the room on Priceline and were so happy with our win. The decor, rooms, lobby, restaurants, pool, and views were just amazing. The staff was incredibly friendly (as I was worried from the pretentious reviews that this would not be the case!). We were only on the 5th floor with a "sea view" and no balcony so being on the west side of South Beach, we did not really have much of a view at all.

The bed in the room was very small (just a double), but the room itself was very large with a nice size bathroom, kitchenette, and great sized refrigerator AND microwave! The bed was comfortable spite its size. I believe we just had the smallest cheapest option of rooms with no balcony.

The atmosphere at the pool during Monday morning was rather pretentious with skinny model types walking around with their 6 inch stilettos, Chanel purses, drinking Champagne in the pool, and screaming for attention and pampering. I am more of the down to earth realist type, but I still felt fine and comfortable in my flip flops and simple cover up without a full face of makeup and hair done. However, spite the clientele around the pool, the staff were all so friendly and accommodating, even when just switching our towels to different chairs for us... not what I am used to when dealing with High Class South Beach hotels. I felt welcomed and comfortable. Of course there were 2 couples that did have to bring their children and it really killed the ambiance of the classy swanky feel with obnoxious 4-year-olds splashing in the shallow pool and screaming and running on the chairs. Leave your children at home please.

The location was absolutely amazing too. Located right on 11th Street and West Ave, it was just an $8 (with tip) taxi ride straight across and down to Prime 112/Nikki Beach. Straight across 11th street to A1A was only $5. Although I would not walk the entire way at night, it would definitely be a nice 25 minute walk during the day. It was nice being on the west side of South Beach away from all the touristy hustle and bustle.

The most amazing part of the service of the hotel was when my boyfriend had realized way too late that he lost his license and left it at the hotel in South Beach when we were already back at my condo in Plantation and catching a flight out of Ft Lauderdale airport in just 2 hours. The security at the Mondrian managed to find his license and arrange for a taxi to drive the license all the way from South Beach to the FLL airport. He was very lucky and the service we dealt with at Mondrian during this issue could not have been nicer and more helpful!! Thank you!

We both have already agreed to try to return in December to experience the infamous Saturday nights at the Pool and hopefully get a higher floor with a Bay View this time! It was absolutely AMAZING!

Room Tip: Rooms on the Bay View side will be loud on the weekends, but provide an excellent sunset view and vi...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ellis v, Exectutive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Chrissy,

Thank you for your recent visit to Mondrian and for this kind review. We're glad you found our service to be accommodating and our rooms comfortable. To clarify, the rooms available through Priceline are Studios with Queen beds. Please visit our website for the best prices on our Bay View rooms which are, as you pointed out, the best way to enjoy Sunset.

We look forward to your visit in December.

Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We went to Mondrian for spa and get away to South Beach. My advice. Save your money. Service was unacceptable. Food, drinks and view are nice but the service was bad. Management is poor. Will not go back.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We are sorry you were disatisfied with your stay. Clearly your experience is atypical as is evidenced from the number of recent reviews. Please feel free to reach out to me directly should you be willing to try us again as we've made tremendous strides in service over the past year since you stayed.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Good service from staff and we were upgraded to a suite, rooms were lovely but hotel was very pretentious! We are a 30 year old couple and love the party scene but the clientele of this hotel were very pretentious and the atmosphere isn't great due to this. Good party hotel on weekend just a shame about the clientele! After 3 days we moved to the savoy on ocean drive which is cheaper in price and right on the beach and we enjoyed this much more than the Mondrian due to it be chilled and none being stared out by the pool!! Also some people had actually brought their kids to this hotel! For anyone with children I would not recommend this hotel. We had a few kids there whilst we were there and due to party atmosphere kids should not be in the pool screaming and shouting and up till all hours of the night while their parents party like they are 18!!Only stay here if you want to party by the pool with a bottle of verve cliquot whilst taking photos and posting them on Facebook,!! Much better hotels in Miami!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ellis v, Executve Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Chantelle,

Thank you for your recent visit. We are sorry we were not the hotel for you.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Earlier this year my friend and I planned a trip to Miami to celebrate getting over our recent illness. We booked the Mondrian for its modern looks and location in the more busy part of Miami, away from the beach. The hotel is fantastic inside and we loved the overall look, feel and design of the place. Coming from the UK we really felt like we had arrived! The room was very spacious with a separate living area, bedroom and kitchen. There were TWO flat screen TV's (one in the lounge, one in the bedroom), and a lovely balcony with a great view over the bay. On our first night we decided to eat in house whilst getting over the jet lag and had the most amazing burger I have ever eaten in the restaurant... so good that in fact a day or two later we had the burger again!! The main reason for writing this review is that a measure of a hotel is how they deal with a problem... and a couple of days into our holiday a problem was what we incurred. We received a telephone call from home to tell us that my friends father had passed away. This was obviously very distressing and we now had to cut our holiday short and try to arrange our passage home ahead of time. This is where the hotel really came into its own from the ladies on the front desk who helped me get in touch with Virgin in the UK and change our flights, to the concierge who cancelled the trips we booked and refunded our money no questions asked, to the Hotel Manager who personally found me, expressed his regrets and offered assistance. This was one of the most stressful situations that I have ever had to deal with and whilst stood crying at reception all the staff there kept their cool and helped me sort out what I needed to sort out. I wanted to thank the staff at the Mondrian for their compassion and the great service they provided. We hope to someday come back to Miami and finish off the holiday we started!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Ellis v, Executive Assistan at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Sally-Anne,

Thank you for your lovely review and recent visit. We are so happy to have made a favorable impression upon you, thanks in part to the excellent and attentive service you received during a stressful time in your life. We too, hope, you can come back and finish your holiday with us.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I've stayed at the Mondrian SB twice now and have had great experiences both times. The fist time I stayed a few weeks ago I ran into T.I. in the hotel bar. It has a super cool vibe. The bay views are really nice looking over the bay back at the city. If you are on the ocean side you will need to be on a high floor to get an ocean view (the hotel is on the bay side of South Beach) The service was outstanding - I recommend it highly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ellis v, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your recent and repeated visit to Mondrian and for this kind review. We are glad you enjoyed our vibe and setting and are most pleased that you found our service to be outstanding. Thank you again for your recommendation. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This place has an identity crisis, at least on Saturday nights. Not sure whether it wants to be a nightclub or a hotel. Sure lots of trendy hotels have nightclubs within but this one has a nightclub outdoors at the pool until 2am which obligates all hotel guests to be subjected to loud music until 2am. Not all hotel guests in Miami Beach care to party or stay up until 2am. Some actually book a hotel to sleep. My friend and I stayed here Sat Oct 5 for a Miami Beach event early Sunday morning. This ridiculously loud music from a DJ and live band at the pool began at 10pm. I spoke with Nancy of Guest Relations at 12:28am via phone to complain. She explained that on Saturday nights the music goes on until 1:30-2am, but since it was bothering me they would shut it down immediately. Needless to say it went on until exactly 2am.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Ellis v, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
We are a bit perplexed by your review as our pool side music is turned off promptly at 8:00pm.

Been to Mondrian South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!