The Mondrain blew us away on first impressions, everything is very elegant, from the lobby, to the elevators, to the guest rooms. There are alot of chandlers, even in your shower, and stylish white furniture.
We were very pleased with our room, it was beautifully decorated, quite spacious and had a fantastic view of the pool.
Be aware that there is a charge to access wifi from rooms, but it is free in the lobby and by the pool (which is a great place to hang out!! The pool area is FANTASTIC, it looks exactly like its pictures! There is also a bar and you can order form the reasonable roomservice menu as well). The hotel does a good continental breakfast as well but does not do dinner, but there a few restaurants a short walk away, like Oliver's Bistro. It is also a bit of a walk to the beach, 15-20 minutes I think, which doesn't sound far but in the Miami heat it can seem a lot further!
The service here was great, the staff are mostly very attentive and genuinely friendly which we found very pleasant as Miami, and Florida in general, does not seem to have the same high level of customer service as the west coast of America. We would definitely stay here again!
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Hotel Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on newly-fashionable West Avenue, Mondrian is a quiet enclave just minutes from the bustling center of South Beach, offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. The visionary style of designer Marcel Wanders is apparent from the moment you pull into the porte-cochere: guests walk through a grand entryway appointed with custom-designed furniture, lighting and accent pieces, evoking Wanders' design homage of "Sleeping Beauty's Castle." Upon entering the soaring lobby, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views of Biscayne Bay. Immediately the eye is drawn to the masterpiece of the room–an iconic, signature "floating staircase." Black and gold patterned furnishings and oversized brass bell shaped lights add a touch of whimsy and welcome guests to sit and socialize or enjoy the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Jetsetter, Booking.com, Amex, Splendia, Tablet Hotels, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Mondrian South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.