We have been in mondrian hotel for three days in july. Apart its ultra-modern minimal design that personally I don't like very much, in this hotel you pay for everything extra! 37 dollars for car parking per day, 15 dollars for daily wireless connession in room (in lobby it is free). We had continental breakfast included but it was like the design, very minimal, there was only fruit, some pastry, coffee and milk. The room was very spacious and apart from the disquieting face of a strange girl painted on the wall, it was not bad. There was a kitchen but it should be' only design because you don't have pans or any other item to cook even an egg. If you want a little bottle of water in your room be prepared to be' asked 10 dollars. Pool and gym not so bad but we have seen far better accomodation. Last but not least our room was very noisy!! There is the airco engine in the room itself and when it starts it is really annoying. Not to mention you need a car to go to Ocean drive! It's about 20min walking. To summarize, we didn't enjoy our stay, we have been in hotel far better for same or less money. Mondrian, you are not what you pretend to be!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on newly-fashionable West Avenue, Mondrian is a quiet enclave just minutes from the bustling center of South Beach, offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. The visionary style of designer Marcel Wanders is apparent from the moment you pull into the porte-cochere: guests walk through a grand entryway appointed with custom-designed furniture, lighting and accent pieces, evoking Wanders' design homage of "Sleeping Beauty's Castle." Upon entering the soaring lobby, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views of Biscayne Bay. Immediately the eye is drawn to the masterpiece of the room–an iconic, signature "floating staircase." Black and gold patterned furnishings and oversized brass bell shaped lights add a touch of whimsy and welcome guests to sit and socialize or enjoy the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Jetsetter, Splendia, Tingo, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Otel, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Mondrian South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Hotel Beach