“Perfect Girls Getaway!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
chicago
“Perfect Girls Getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The hotel staff is so friendly!!!! Rooms are a good size, pool is amazing. We came back to a clean room everyday. It's a little bit away from South Beach but for the amenities and service, its worth it!!!

Room Tip: One bedroom suite in the penthouse is the perfect size for a girls weekend!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Ellis v, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Sharmeen,

Thank you for your recent visit and this kind review. We're glad our staff helped to make your stay special. We're pleased, too, that you enjoyed your room and our location. We look forward to your next visit soon.

Ellis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

When I planned my trip to Miami I made reservations with the Shelbourne hotel. About 5 days before my flight I got an email saying that I was be relocated to another hotel, which made me stress but I was very understanding. The events that followed were ridiculous and in the end I ended up having to relocate from the second hotel to the Mondrian. When I walked in I was frustrated and hot but Rosa at the front desk quickly changed that for me. She empathized with my situation and assured us that this hotel was the place to be. She was certainly right. Although it was not right next to the beach, everything else was beautiful. The staff was amazing and Rosa was the most memorable person from the stay. She sent us fruits and water to make my friend and I feel more welcome, and even checked in with us each time we were in the lobby.

Aside from that, the room was fantastic. Comfortable beds, very clean, spacious, quiet...what's not to love? The pool was great as well, and every staff member was friendly and helpful. I loved every minute I stayed at the Mondrian. Zero complaints!

Dear Tyi,

Thank you. We're delighted that a potentially negative situation was turned into a positive thanks to the friendly and attentive service you received from Rosa at the Front Desk. We are grateful for your recommendation and hope to welcome you and your friends quite often here at Mondrian South Beach.

Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Not enough words to describe the awesome time we had at the Mondrian. It was our anniversary, and the hotel sent us a bottle of champagne and strawberries covered in chocolate. Pool next to the bay is great, views of Miami are perfect. Strongly recommend. Note that hotel is in South Beach but is next to the bay and couple of blocks away from the beach.

• Stayed April 2013
Ellis v, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit and this review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I did really like the hotel, we were able to watch the 4th of July fireworks over the bay which was lovely. Unfortunately we got absolutely nothing for it being our honeymoon which was really disappointing, we didn't even have a room with a balcony and faced the road. Now I see reviews from other honeymooners saying they got an upgrade which is annoying! I guess we should have asked but I didn't like to. At first I didn't like the location, I felt a bit far away from everything but it is only about a 20 min walk to the mall or the beach. A cab is around $6 and the bus is $2. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. They will help you with your bags, get you a cab, open doors for you, and are interested in what you are up to. The rooms are really nice and they have a small kitchen area with a hob for cooking however no pots or pans so I'm not sure what you are supposed to use to cook with? There are ice machines on each floor which was handy. The pool area was lovely but all the nice seating areas seemed to be roped off so I guessed you had to pay extra for those. Breakfast was good, it is fruit, cereals and pastries. At first I missed a full English but it was actually quite nice to have a healthy breakfast. Miami in general seems to be a place on a massive health kick! Although I enjoyed my stay I think it probably was the wrong choice for our honeymoon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Stacey,

Thank you for your review and your recent visit. We are sorry that we are only finding out now that it was your honeymoon as we usually do fun things for those celebrating special occasions, whether it be in the form of an upgrade or amenity. We are glad that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly and our rooms comfortable. Cookware is available from housekeeping upon request.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights and I must say everything was almost perfect other than the weather. It rained the last couple days we were there but still had a good time as my first experience with Morgan Hotel Group. The whole staff was awesome except for the morning waiters serving breakfast. A little lackadaisical plus $25 for two eggs and some bacon. $9 bottle of water.... Fresh squeezed orange juice. LOL Valet, front desk, receptionists, concierge Louis, bartenders, pool guys all super friendly and great especially Alex, Blaine, Karen and Ashley. Great drinks and food. Ultra modern rooms with double shower heads and really comfortable beds. House keeping were machines and did an excellent job at keeping the rooms clean. The bay views from the balcony are some of the best views I ever seen facing Star Island, downtown Miami and at sunset you could stare all night til early morning. Great hotel will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Any bay side room with balcony or bay view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Ellis v, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Jimmy,

Thank you. We appreciate your recent visit and are grateful for your recommendation. We are delighted our staff helped to make your stay memorable and hope you will join us again in the near future.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I needed a hotel for one night to introduce our friends (we used to live in South Beach) to our daughter (6 months). My husband stayed here last year for a wedding and was thoroughly impressed. Being new parents, I didn't realize when I booked the room, that once the baby went to bed, we wouldn't be able to do much. So, after we checked in and spent time at the pool, we decided to ask the front desk if we could be upgraded to a room with a patio. We explained them that we had an infant and really need somewhere to hang out after she went to bed. We were willing to pay the difference as long as it wasn't too much of an increase. They had a room available and agreed to let us switch. Five minutes later, they called and actually upgraded us to a one bedroom suite. This made such a difference and we are so appreciative of the upgrade. Overall, the hotel is amazing. The pool is beautiful and I love the location (away for all of the "tourist" hotels in Ocean). I would highly recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recommendation. We're pleased our staff was able to accommodate your request and upgrade your room. Our team is dedicated to providing original guest experiences in a friendly, attentive and gracious manner and we are delighted you found this to be the case. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Location: The Mondrian is one of the few hotels on the bay side of South Beach. At first glance most will look at this as a negative. We were hesitant to book believing that the distance would be inconvenient. In practice however, it proved to be a wise choice. The hotel is a converted apartment block, and because of this is far away from the noise and is very clean and feels very safe. The position on the bay allows for the hotel to have a pool with a direct view towards Miami and the wealthy properties that are situated on the islands in between.

Staff: The staff are superb. We always felt as if we were given star treatment. Upon hearing that were on our honeymoon trip, the staff allocated us an upgrade. But even without this, we were made to feel at home and that no request was too much to ask.

Particular mention must be made to Nancy Lauck who ensured our stay was special from the second we walked through the door. And furthermore to Daniel Jauregui on the front desk.
I wouldn't normally note people's names, but the service was so good that I thought it necessary to ensure they are mentioned in the review.
Keep up the good work.
(from the number of hotel rooms I have reviewed, I believe I can state their service is among the best)

Rooms: Because this is a converted apartment block, the room sizes are significantly larger than average. We are still on our honeymoon, and I can say with certainty that our London and Paris hotel rooms would fit into our Mondrian room with still enough room left over for possibly half of our San Francisco room.

Would I stay again: Most certainly.

Other notes: The interior design of this hotel is quirky. The mainly neutral coloured walls and interior appointments are Euro-American (Dutch/ American). It may not be for everyone, but it ensures the rooms are never dull. The bright room interiors (there are far too many light sources in the room to count, which really bring life to the interiors), are contrasted but dark moody halls that in my opinion clash with the airy rooms. There is also a fragrance in the corridors that I cannot describe that may be annoying for some visitors, but I found the smell addictive. Could it be that they introduced a fragrance to excite the senses as they did with their interiors?

Room Tip: Only corner rooms on each corner have a balcony. A bay facing/west facing view is certainly worth pa...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Glenn,

Thank you for your recent visit to Mondrian and for your kind review and recommendation. We're delighted our staff helped to make your honeymoon memorable and trust you will come back for many anniversaries to come.

Ellis

Been to Mondrian South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!