I did really like the hotel, we were able to watch the 4th of July fireworks over the bay which was lovely. Unfortunately we got absolutely nothing for it being our honeymoon which was really disappointing, we didn't even have a room with a balcony and faced the road. Now I see reviews from other honeymooners saying they got an upgrade which is annoying! I guess we should have asked but I didn't like to. At first I didn't like the location, I felt a bit far away from everything but it is only about a 20 min walk to the mall or the beach. A cab is around $6 and the bus is $2. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. They will help you with your bags, get you a cab, open doors for you, and are interested in what you are up to. The rooms are really nice and they have a small kitchen area with a hob for cooking however no pots or pans so I'm not sure what you are supposed to use to cook with? There are ice machines on each floor which was handy. The pool area was lovely but all the nice seating areas seemed to be roped off so I guessed you had to pay extra for those. Breakfast was good, it is fruit, cereals and pastries. At first I missed a full English but it was actually quite nice to have a healthy breakfast. Miami in general seems to be a place on a massive health kick! Although I enjoyed my stay I think it probably was the wrong choice for our honeymoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on newly-fashionable West Avenue, Mondrian is a quiet enclave just minutes from the bustling center of South Beach, offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. The visionary style of designer Marcel Wanders is apparent from the moment you pull into the porte-cochere: guests walk through a grand entryway appointed with custom-designed furniture, lighting and accent pieces, evoking Wanders' design homage of "Sleeping Beauty's Castle." Upon entering the soaring lobby, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views of Biscayne Bay. Immediately the eye is drawn to the masterpiece of the room–an iconic, signature "floating staircase." Black and gold patterned furnishings and oversized brass bell shaped lights add a touch of whimsy and welcome guests to sit and socialize or enjoy the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tablet Hotels, Booking.com, Splendia, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Otel, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Despegar.com, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Mondrian South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Hotel Beach