We stayed at the MondrIan for one week, we have stayed at other Morgan hotels too but this one was better in terms of service and style.
The service was consistently friendly and helpful with plenty of staff on hand to help.
The only weak link was the housekeeper who wasn't very thorough over the week the dust built up and was never touched.
The location of the hotel wasn't an issue for us it was a 20 minute walk to the beach and was nice to be away from it all down on south beach. The Starbucks across the road is a bonus as breakfast is expensive in the Mondrian and the buffet selection is quite poor.
The biggest negative was that the Asia de Cuba restaurant has closed since we booked and there was no restaurant for the entire week which is quite surprising in a hotel such as this and seems a huge shame.
The rooms were large and comfortable although basic, the kitchen wasn't needed but was a nice touch incase you didn't want to eat out.
The sound proofing is quite poor and at night you are able to hear
noise from other rooms and the corridor.
There is a good gym and the pool area is nice but the beds etc could be better. The view is great though.
The lack of free wi-fi in the rooms was an annoyance as it should be standard in a hotel like this and also so should still water and yet
none provided not even a welcome bottle.
The bar service is good and drinks are lovely but again slightly over priced however the experience warranted this.
Some places in the hotel are starting to look worn, I hope investment is made to keep the Mondrian competitive and then we would be happy to return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on newly-fashionable West Avenue, Mondrian is a quiet enclave just minutes from the bustling center of South Beach, offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. The visionary style of designer Marcel Wanders is apparent from the moment you pull into the porte-cochere: guests walk through a grand entryway appointed with custom-designed furniture, lighting and accent pieces, evoking Wanders' design homage of "Sleeping Beauty's Castle." Upon entering the soaring lobby, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views of Biscayne Bay. Immediately the eye is drawn to the masterpiece of the room–an iconic, signature "floating staircase." Black and gold patterned furnishings and oversized brass bell shaped lights add a touch of whimsy and welcome guests to sit and socialize or enjoy the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Splendia, Amex, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Otel, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Jetsetter, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Mondrian South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Hotel Beach