Located on bay side of SOBE which I really liked but you need to know it's not on the ocean side if you're after the beach. But less noisy and crowded because of that and I really like the bay views. You can get a cab to the beach or there is a "Deco-bike" rental station just across the road where you can rent a bike very cheaply. Great to have a Starbucks on the corner and even better an amazing Wholefoods across the block with prepared foods etc. Foyer is amazing, very stylish. The rooms have a very useful small kitchen with minimal but adequate equipment so you can easily eat-in. Even a little dining table. Also a few restaurants within easy walking distance. Very, very sexy, romantic vibe in the pool area (piped music does get a bit irritating by the end of the day). Busy, full of beautiful people. Not sure if this is unique to this hotel, or its a SOBE thing. Saw the occasional child but very few. This is NOT a family hotel. Nothing for kids and really not suitable. David the pool concierge very gracious and helpful. May have to wait for a lounger. Much of pool area taken up with cabanas, sofas, kissing corners etc. Room is modern, stylish, minimalist. Very small closet; no drawers for clothes. It is not sumptuous. Bed not particularly comfortable but not awful. Loved the sink in the bathroom (a big trough); shower was OK but leaked terribly. Shower had full-length mirror which was very damaged by water. Luckily it steams up quickly!! Lighting in bathroom was poor. Lighting in corridors is like a night-club - so dark you couldn't see to put your key card into your door - had to feel your way!! Gym was well-equipped, clean and looked out over pool and bay. Bay views from rooms are lovely. Ask for higher level because night noise is significant when parties are held outside. Overnight parking was extortionate ($37) as was internet fee ($15) - internet should really be free in a hip, trendy place like this. Ate pool-side and room service and found quality was good. Pricey as with all similar hotels. Overall - not at all a cosy, friendly place - more a stylish, unique, trendy sort of fashion statement, well-located with great views. Perfect for romance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on newly-fashionable West Avenue, Mondrian is a quiet enclave just minutes from the bustling center of South Beach, offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. The visionary style of designer Marcel Wanders is apparent from the moment you pull into the porte-cochere: guests walk through a grand entryway appointed with custom-designed furniture, lighting and accent pieces, evoking Wanders' design homage of "Sleeping Beauty's Castle." Upon entering the soaring lobby, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views of Biscayne Bay. Immediately the eye is drawn to the masterpiece of the room–an iconic, signature "floating staircase." Black and gold patterned furnishings and oversized brass bell shaped lights add a touch of whimsy and welcome guests to sit and socialize or enjoy the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jetsetter, Expedia, Booking.com, Splendia, Amex, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Otel, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Mondrian South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Hotel Beach