This was the highlight of our trip in Florida, which by the way was way above our expectations.
The rooms are large and very original, the whole hotel is actually an experience, quite unusual compared to the other hiltons / mariotts out there. Very refreshing.
The view was grandiose, perfect to watch the sunset (make sure you get a mojito to enjoy that to the fullest). Ask for a higher floor as well.
Gym is perfect, clean with a beautiful view over the bay.
Pool is not really a place to swim, but more a place to have drinks, see and be seen. Gotta be sure to wear a decent bathing suite though ... competition is tough out there. service at the pool is great (towels, umbrella, food, etc)
Finally breakfast was excellent, highly recommend the waffles with whipped cream and berries.
conclusion, if you can afford it, definitely go there.
Regarding the comments about the location, we actually found it better than being on the ocean side, as it was quieter at night, yet you can walk to the beach (15mins to cross) or if you're really lazy, take a cab for probably less than 10$ which you should be able to afford if you're staying at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on newly-fashionable West Avenue, Mondrian is a quiet enclave just minutes from the bustling center of South Beach, offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. The visionary style of designer Marcel Wanders is apparent from the moment you pull into the porte-cochere: guests walk through a grand entryway appointed with custom-designed furniture, lighting and accent pieces, evoking Wanders' design homage of "Sleeping Beauty's Castle." Upon entering the soaring lobby, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views of Biscayne Bay. Immediately the eye is drawn to the masterpiece of the room–an iconic, signature "floating staircase." Black and gold patterned furnishings and oversized brass bell shaped lights add a touch of whimsy and welcome guests to sit and socialize or enjoy the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tablet Hotels, Expedia, Jetsetter, Booking.com, Amex, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mondrian South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Hotel Beach